That Melancholy

Narcissus Jonquilla

 That Melancholy

Mrs.Ahn looked down at the doorstep, biting back a grin. " Chaerin! Its here again!" Mrs.Ahn shouted for her daughter who was upstairs in her room. Chaerin brightened up as she heard her mother. She slipped her slippers on and jolted down the stairs. Mrs.Ahn raised an amused brow at her daughter, smiling. Chaerin didn't really noticed her mother's teasing brow but ran straight to the door. 

Chaerin saw the single flower which laid on the doormat with a note stuck on it. Chaerin picked up the flower tenderly, plucking the note out of the stem. Like usual, there was a note that day again.

Its saturday already?

I really miss seeing you already! I hope monday comes again soon and see your smile again!

<3

Ever since middle school, Chaerin has been receiving these notes every morning. She didn't know who this person was of course, but what she did know was that he was from her school and he was a cheesy sandwich. She really wanted to gag at it the first time she saw it, but now.. it was different. Somehow, it made her feel happy and actually knew who this guy was.

Chaerin acknowledged its fragrance before going up to her room and keeping the Jonquil flower with the other ones in a large vase. There were many Jonquil flowers aready and Chaerin kept the note in a box where she kept the other ones as well. 

Getting love notes weren't really something to pride about since she got them all the time. But this one made her heart flutter in a weird way. 

 

After having dinner, Chaerin got ready for her violin lessons as usual. Playing the violin was one of the things which were introduced to her at a very early age. She would always go to the studio to play a piece or compose one if she felt the mood to do so. 

 

The moment she walked the streets, her beauty was acknowledged. Chaerin really hated attention, even though she was used with the stares, she still couldn't take the whispering. She got on the bus as people stared at her. Some guys sending her winks as Chaerin's forehead cringed in pure disgust. She sat in her usual window seat since not much people boarded this bus. Some guys asked asked her number which she kindly refused saying she didn't own a phone. Sure it was a lie , but it wasn't a bad one, right?

 

she finally got to the building with much struggle to avoid erts and guys hitting on her. She got up to her usual room when she heard a melancholic sound from a certain room. She was so drowned in the beuatiful yet sad melody that she didn't even know a  tear slipped. Chaerin gasped as she wiped the tear away. She had to fine this player no matter what!

She peeked from door to door, wondering where it was from. She never heard a melody that was so sad and happy at the same time. It was hurt and sorrowful but happy and joyful at the same time. Was that even possible?

Her eyes landed on a guy, sitting infront of the grand piano, closing his eyes as he let his fingers do their work. He looked like he was drowned in the music which made it even more enjoyable. As a music over herself, she had never saw anyone that looked so deep with emotion while playing. Chaerin stayed at the spot, listening to the music as she was swaying in it. 

 

To her dismay the melody ended and she frowned. Wanting to hear more of it. She didn't know she was closing her eyes and opened them to see that the guy who was playing had stopped at was staring at her. She didn't even blush or felt embarrassed. She made her way to him, suddenly grabbing both her hands in hers as she looked at him with eyes that sparkled.

" You're incredible." she muttered. The guy was a bit caught off at what she said and he bit on his lip, slightly blushing. Just SLIGHTLY. " The melody was so so so.... so perfect ! and there were so many emotions in it! That was the greatest piece ever!" Chaerin beamed at him, grabbing his hand tighter into hers. The guy coughed, slowly pulling his hand back from hers. 

" It wasn't that great." he mummbled. Chaerin shook her head eagerly. " Not THAT great? that was the greatest one ever! please tell me what's the name of the piece!" she begged, wanting to learn it too. Although she didn't think she be able to do as great as this guy, she really wanted to learn it. 

" I haven't thought of the name yet.." he stated. Chaerin paused for a while, looking at him as she let out the biggest grin ever. " Mwo? so that means YOU were the one who composed it?" Her eyes enlarged. He nodded nonchalantly as Chaerin beamed, pulling his hand in hers again. " JEBAL! Please give me the piece too! I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to, just let me learn it!" she begged, giving him puppy eyes. 

Chaerin wasn't actually trying to do aeygo, but she was so eager to have it that the puppy eyes just came out on its own. 

 

He searched her eyes, trying to know if she was just joking around or not. But all he saw was eyes that were sparkling with admiration. He coughed as he pulled his hand back again from hers. 

" I guess, I could note it down for you." He bit on his lower lip as Chaerin let out a squeal. Jumping for a few times, letting out some squeals. He couldn't help but smile at her little reaction. She was cute.

" Oh by the way, I'm Ahn Chaerin! I'm in the 4th floor 3rd room. I play the violin! nice to meet you!" she smiled, intoducing herself. Chaerin had just realized that she had totally forgotten to introduce herself. 

 

" oh, um.. Hi.. I'm Byun Baek-" he was cut off before someone came shouting inside. " Yah Ahn Chaerin! Come to your lesson!!" Mr.Song shouted. Chaerin sighed before nodding her head. " I have to go now I guess." she grimaced as she walked out the door and sending Byun Baek a wave. 


++ I haven't re-read it yet and I will edit when I have time! Sorry if the 1st chapter is a bit boring /sobs but anyways leave feedbacks!