Book One: Chapter 4

Love On Wheels

CHAPTER 4:

Okay, I have to admit.

Last night was really weird.

But hey, it wasn’t my fault. He was the one who didn’t let go first.

Hmmm… it was kinda funny… how my hand felt so warm in his…it was like…I didn’t wanna let go either.

*Slaps myself* What the hell are you thinking about, Bae SeulGi?!?!?!

Snap out of it… FOCUS.

You have a mission to do.

“Okay, we’ve taken care of the moms,” Yunho began.
“So, now we have the dads to worry about,” I finished.

“Right. So what do our fathers hate?” Yunho asked me.

I leaned in closer. “If there’s one thing my dad hates the most, it’s talking trash about Manchester United!” I exclaimed.
Yunho’s mouth stretched into a wide grin. “That’s perfect. My appa worships Liverpool!”

We smiled deviously. Man. United and Liverpool are two rival soccer players in Europe. All the dads had to do was fight over who’s better, and we don’t have to do anything. Men are more stubborn than women.

Take Yunho, for example.

Well, anyways, back to the story.

The parents invited us to a bar, to talk about wedding plans.

I shudder at the mere thought of it.

“Anneyong Haseyo,” Yunho and I greeted, while bowing to our elders.

Haha. The looks on the mothers’ faces were priceless, when they saw us arm in arm. My mother looked like she saw a ghost and Mrs. Jung’s face said murder written all over it.

We sat down on one of the couches of the bar’s private rooms, where a TV screen, showing a soccer game hung in front of us.

And just as we anticipated it was a Man. United and Liverpool game (we paid the staff, so they could show one of their games.)

“Whoo!!!” Appa cheered, when United scored another goal.
“That was just a lucky shot,” Mr. Jung mumbled.

Appa turned to him. “Excuse me???”
Mr. Jung scoffed. “Every time Manchester wins, it’s just luck. Liverpool’s got the real talent.”
My father laughed, slapping his thigh. “You are so funny, you know that! Liverpool !”

Mr. Jung frowned. “No, I was serious.”
Appa’s laughter subsided and he glared at Mr. Jung.

“This is getting good,” I whispered Yunho, as he tried to cover his laughter with a cough.

The two dads kept on bickering, their wives trying to get them off each others’ backs, while Yunho and I were silently celebrating with a bottle of champagne, that we secretly ordered, amidst the commotion.

“To FREEDOM!” we hissed, as we quietly knock our glasses together.

Now, I really won’t have to marry him.



I woke up the next morning, feeling really refreshed.

“So, we’ve disgusted the mothers…” I began.
“And we’ve turned the fathers against each other,” Yunho finished. “What now?”

I grinned. “Now, we just have to wait.”

A few weeks later, we were called to the Jung Household.

Yunho drove us there in his (my) car, and we arrived after about fifteen minutes.

We entered the front door, and we went straight to the sitting room, where the parents were waiting.

And that’s when I received one of the biggest shocks of my life. No, really.

Mrs. Jung came to me and gave me an extremely tight bear hug. And get this: she didn’t even hesitate. What the hell?? Wasn’t she supposed to be disgusted? Plus, my mom did the same thing to Yunho without even cringing. And she had a huge smile on her face, too.

It’s like they like us again.

“What happened?” I whispered to Yunho, as we took our seats.
He just shrugged and had the same bewildered look on his face.

Then, the dads were talking to each other, as if Man. United and Liverpool didn’t exist. It was as if they never even fought in the first place.

Yunho and I looked at each other in horror.

After a while, our parents turned to us.

“We know what you kids are trying to do,” Mrs. Jung began.

Yunho and I put on our innocent faces (mine was cuter than his, if I say so myself).

“What do you mean?” I asked with big, innocent eyes.
“Yeah… we don’t get you,” Yunho said, still looking clueless.

My umma sighed. “Look, we know that you planned all of this. You wanted to disgust us and turn us against each other.”

I chuckled nervously and sweat bullets were flowing down the side of Yunho’s face.

It was an air-conditioned room for crying out loud!

“I see you don’t want to admit it,” my appa said.
“Fine. We’ll call off the wedding,” Mr. Jung decided.

Yunho and I stood up and gave each other a high-five.

“YES!!!” we cheered in unison.

“HAH! I knew it!” Mr. Jung said, pointing a finger at us.

Shoot. We were so close.

“Fine, it was us all along!” I admitted.

The parents grinned triumphantly.

“We know you don’t like each other, but you must always obey your parents,” Mrs. Jung said sternly.
My mother smirked, as she added, “You will be together, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, ‘till death do you part.”

That sounded more like a death sentence.



I buried my face in Junsu’s chest that day, when we got home. We were sitting on the couch, and Boa was sitting on my other side, hugging me, too.

“Junsu-ah, I don’t wanna get married!!!” I wailed. “Especially not to that conceited idiot!!!”

Yunho, who was sitting beside us on the couch, gave me a look.

“I’m right here,” he said.
“No one cares about how you feel, I hate you anyway,” I sniffed.
“It’s a good thing I hate you too,” he shot back.

Junsu, being the good friend he was, patted my shoulder. “Don’t worry! I’m sure you’ll find a way.”

“You didn’t hear the words my mom said!” I wailed. “For better or for worse, for richer or poorer, ‘till death do us part!” I repeated.

Something suddenly came into my mind.

‘Till death do us part, eh?

“Can I kill you? As in, literally kill you?” I asked Yunho desperately. Okay, that was ridiculous but who could blame me? I was desperate.

Yunho’s eyes widened. “Bwoh?”

I hurried to the kitchen and came back out with a carving knife. “Don’t worry, this’ll only take a second!” I said, aiming for his chest.

But then, I didn’t get to do it. Darn Boa and Junsu pulled me back.

After they managed to calm me down, Boa and Junsu left.

I looked at Yunho with despair.

“I hate you,” I stated flatly.
“I feel exactly the same way,” he replied.


The next morning:

Okay, the goods news: my (stupid) alarm clock didn’t wake me up this morning. Yay!

The bad news: some snoring in my ear did.

“Ugh, what’s that horrible noise?” I mumbled, turning to face my right side.

My eyes opened wide, as I saw Yunho’s face about a centimeter away from mine.

Yunho stirred and opened his eyes.

We slowly looked down, without moving my body, and saw that his arm was on top of me, in a hugging position.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” we both screamed as we jumped off each other ad sat up on the bed.

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!?!” he accused, pointing a finger.
“ME??? I SHOULD BE ASKING THAT QUESTION, YOU WERE THE ONE THAT JUMPED ON ME IN THE NIGHT!” I fought back.

“Oh God, please tell me I have clothes on,” I said. I looked under the sheets and saw my pajamas.

I sighed with relief.

“Yah, don’t try anything sleazy, you hear?” Yunho said.
I scoffed. “Bwoh?? You should be the one watching your actions, you erted pathetic excuse of a human!!!”

We continued bickering for a really long time.

Anyway, long story short, we agreed that he’d be sleeping on the couch from now on.

Yay!



“So, what else are you planning to do?” Boa asked me.

We were hanging out at Clover Café, sitting by our usual spot by the window.

YeonHee suddenly came to us with tray and gave us our drinks.

After thanking her and watching her leave, Boa and I went back to our conversation.

“I don’t know,” I answered flatly while taking a sip of my frapuccino. Man, that’s good . “What else is there to do but just marry the idiot?”
Boa looked at me sympathetically. “I feel sorry for you,” she stated.
“Who wouldn’t feel sorry for me?” I replied, resting my chin on my hands.

Then, I remembered the night when we were holding hands in the car, even when we were fighting.

“Hey Boa…” I began. “Y’know… something weird happened a few nights ago…”

Boa leaned closer as I told her my story.

“… I don’t know…” I said as I finished my story. “It was as if holding his hand felt so right, but at the same time, so wrong… y’know?”

Boa put on a confused look on her face.

I sighed and rested my back on my chair.

“Does this mean you’re falling for him?” Boa asked.
I gagged. “Bwoh??? How could you think of such a horrid thought! Never in a million years would I fall in love with that hateful moron!”

Boa rolled her eyes. “Whatever you say…”

“So, how about you and JunKi?” I asked, changing the subject.
Boa sighed and pouted. “He has a girlfriend,” she said.


“Keokcheong maseyo [don’t worry],” I said. “You’ll find the one for you someday…”

Boa gave me an uncertain smile.

I sighed. “Well, at least you still have a chance at love… I’m stuck with my future.”
My best friend patted my back reassuringly. “At least Junsu and I’ll be there for you.”
“Now that makes it even more worse,” I said cringing my face.
“YAH!” Boa said in her loud voice, slapping my arm.
“Haha, I was kidding!!!” I said, still trying to suppress my laughter.



[Yunho’s POV]

“So this is one feisty chick you’re dealing with, huh?” said my friend, Park Yoochun, A.KA. Micky.

I nodded, taking a gulp of my beer.

We were at a bar, having my “Bachelor Party” as Micky called it.

It wasn’t even close to a bachelor party. It was just Micky’s excuse of getting girls and going home drunk by the end of the night. But who cares, I needed something to take my mind off that woman anyway.

Wait a minute, that didn’t come out right. I wasn’t thinking of her, if that’s what you’re thinking. No siree, she would be the last thing on my mind.

Okay, is it me, or am I talking about her again? Dammit.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t believe hw feisty she is,” I replied. “It’s not even funny.”
Micky chuckled. “I feel sorry for you.”

I took a bigger gulp of my beer. “I know,” I told him. I mean, who wouldn’t feel sorry for me?

A group of really hot girls suddenly passed by us and winked at us flirtatiously.

Micky winked back and I just looked at them helplessly as they walked away.

“This is what I live for,” Micky said, still hungrily looking at the girls, while standing up to go after them.

My eyes followed Micky and the girls with longing.

“Gimme another round,” I told the bartender. Then I heard Micky’s very familiar laugh, followed by the guffaws of some girls, who were surrounding him.

“On second thought, make that two,” I said to the bartender.

This is my future.




[Back To SeulGi’s POV]

Aish, where is that idiot? It’s one am and he’s still not home!

Wait a minute, am I really waiting up for him? I should be sleeping on my comfy bed, than doing this!

Just as I stood up to make my way to my room, there was a really loud knock on the door.

I answered it and Yunho fell at my feet. Apparently, he was leaning on the door when I opened it.

I bent down to look at his condition, but as soon as I did, I was greeted by a heavy stench of alcohol.

“What the hell happened to you?” I said, as I scrunched up my face.

“Sul chwihaesseoyo [I’m drunk!]!!” he slurred, while laughing maniacally.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious.

“Hey, you wanna know something?” Yunho said, widening his big drunk eyes. “Come closer…”

I leaned closer, playing along.

Yunho stubbornly motioned for me to come closer. I did so, and I caught a whiff of his horrible beer breath.

Yunho whispered into my ear. “I’m really, really, REALLY drunk!” he said, giggling uncontrollably.

I looked at him in disbelief.

He was half laughing and half slurring now.

“You need some help,” I said, as I pulled him up.

I managed to make him walk all the way to the couch then he lifelessly plopped on it.

“Yah, wake up,” I said, slapping him.

His breathing suddenly started to get heavier.

I began to feel alarmed as out of impulse, my hand reached out to touch his forehead.

“Omo, he’s burning up,” I thought.

With all my strength (and believe me, I don’t have that much, especially at one thirty in the morning), I heaved him up and attempted to carry (well, more like drag) him to my room. Man, was he heavy.

I managed to lay him down on the bed after a good fifteen minutes.

After that, I went to the kitchen to grab a basin of hot water and a towel. I came back into the room and dipped the towel into the water, and placed it on his forehead.

“I guess you can take the bed for tonight,” I said, as I watched him sleep peacefully.

Okay, is it me, or am I going soft?

Nah, it’s probably me.