The Boss' Wife

EVER AFTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(DARA’S POV)

It’s Monday. We’re back at the office.

 

Chaerin and I arrived late. We just went home last night. We decided to stay a little longer at Busan for Mom asked us to do so.

 

I felt so weird the moment I stepped inside the building. Everybody were smiling at me. Unlike before that all would almost raise their eyebrows seeing me.

 

What made me felt weirder was how I am being addressed. “Good day Ma’am Dara!” Aaiish.  I am not used to being called this way. I’m still an employee here! Let’s say I’m indeed the boss’ wife, but still! I am not comfortable. I prefer being invisible in their eyes.

 

“Hello Ma’am Dara!” the receptionist greeted me.

 

I smiled at him and continued walking.

 

“Hi Wooyoung! How are you?” I called my officemate seeing him carrying a lunchbox.

 

He responded differently. Gone is the Wooyoung who had been so persistent in pursuing me. The one who never gives up in convincing me for snacks, lunch, parties… Well, that’s a good thing though!

 

When I arrived at my station, I immediately fixed my table. I am 20 minutes late. Ppsssh. I looked for Miss Song. I need to apologize for being late again. I know that she’s used to me being late but this time it’s different, I don’t want to be the subject of talks in the office.

 

“Miss Song, good day. I’m sorry I’m late.” I shyly told the supervisor.

 

“No, it’s ok.” She just responded with a smile.

 

“Hey Dara!”

 

“Minzy!” I hugged my friend. I remembered the commotion that happened again.

 

“Are you ok now?”

 

“I am. Thank you. How about you?”

 

Minzy smiled. “You must be owing me some stories. You looked a whole lot different.” I told her.

 

Her smile became wider. “I’ll tell you next time.” She said while holding her phone. “By the way, a call just came, someone is looking for you at the reception area. I forgot to ask the name.”

 

“A man or a woman?”

 

“A man? I’m not sure. Lei didn’t say anything.”

 

Lei. That woman. She still has a debt on me!

 

“Oh, I’ll go. See you later.”

 

Arriving at the ground floor, I saw Lei leaning her back near the elevator. Really Lei!? I bet she still got something on her sleeves. She must not believe that Chaerin is my wife. Aaaiissh.

 

“Dara! Angel!” I heard a familiar voice.

 

I saw Lei glance at the direction of the man and smirked.

 

You’ll definitely pay for the mess Lei!

 

“Daddy!” I hurriedly went to hug my father.

 

“How are you angel?” Dad hugged me. “Your mom told me you went home last weekend. Sorry I was not around. Your mom cooked lunch for you and Chaerin. I volunteered to bring these here since I also wanted to see you. Here.” Dad handed me the food.

 

“Thanks Dad! Your timing’s so per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter