Part 2

Ode To Joy (All I Loved Alone)

After the guests had all been dismissed, and the wedding arrangements rescheduled (a daunting task Yixing was forever grateful to Kris for handling) the wedding party had decided it best to have Yixing stay with Jongin. His father had said it made his identity as 'Luhan' more believable, and Yixing really was in no emotional state to be at home trying to further the investigation of his missing sibling. Had it been any other given moment, under any other situation, Yixing would have been over the moon about spending time with Jongin at his house. The last time he'd been there was when he was 17 and helping Jongin for an audition to a ballet academy. Since then they'd had too much on their plates to visit Jongins estate. Jongin had still found time to visit the Zhang home at least once every week despite that. Though, it was of coarse because he was engaged to Luhan; he needed to see Luhan as much as possible natuarally.

The ride to the Kims estate wasn't long, but that didn't mean the experience was short of any heartbreak. Jongin hadn't really said much to him - the hushed comforting words he'd spoken into his ear as he'd cried earlier didn't really count - since the news of Luhans departure. Though, much to Yixings dismay, since he hadn't stopped sniffling and probably looked like he'd just cried the Han River, Jongin had taken it upon himself to be a sort of human blanket. He hadn't unlatched from Yixing since he'd first started holding him at the church. Even now, Yixing was seated in the limo, shoulders hunched and eyes puffy, with his 'fiances' arms securely around him. At least he wasn't talking, God only knows how much more Yixing could take if the handsome male holding him actually said anything. 

As awful as he felt, all Yixing could truthfully think about was how warm Jongins hold was. He'd always felt so secure when Jongin was around, but actually being held by him was at least 10x better. The only other time they'd been this close was when Yixing had spent the night years ago at the estate and it had stormed something awful. The thunder had been so loud, and the lightning so bright, that they had lost power for a few minutes in the west wing of the estate. Yixing had clung to Jongin for dear life (because really a 14 year old was allowed to still be afraid of loud noises and the dark when combined) who, at the time, was still his height. He would have been embarrassed or afraid of being judged if it was anyone else, but that night Jongin had been awake enough to wrap his arms around him almost - almost - protectively. Needless to say, Yixing had been able to sleep like a baby. Waking up had been fun too. He'd somehow managed to be nestled in the crook of Jongins neck; Jongins arms around his waist like he was cuddling a teddy bear. The spell was broken (15 minutes after he'd stared at the younger males sleeping form) when Jongin had started waking up and he'd had the better sense to wiggle out of his hold to avoid anything awkward. 

Memories like that were always fun to revisit - just not with Jongin once again clinging to him. Yixing had to stop himself from releasing a sigh of relief when they'd pulled up to the estate and Jongin had stepped out of the car. 

"Young Mr. Zhang," The driver addressed him; an outstretched hand being offered. "Might you want some assistance?"

Yixing smiled politely and shook his head. Jongin watched next to the driver with curious eyes as the Chinese male stepped out of the car.

"I'm fine Jihoo," he assured as he stood. "Thank you though, I do appreciate the care." Only when he actually tried to walk did he manage to stumble slightly; Jongin and Jihoo both catching him.

"Young Mr. Zhang are you alright?"

Yixing lit up red; he didn't think he'd been that out of it. Maybe all the crying really had taken it's toll.

"Yixing," Jongin said sternly; taking said males weight into his arms. "It's okay to not be okay right now."

Somewhere in his stomach Yixing could feel butterflies and if his face was heating up again it was for a whole new reason. The look in his eyes was so captivating that Yixing didn't register he was being lifted into the air until he was in Jongins arms like a 'bride' would be for her honeymoon. 

"You don't have to be strong for anyone right now," Jongin continued as he walked into his home with Yixing in his arms. The maids blushed and talked in hushed tones as they walked in and Yixing wanted to hide in the tanned males neck. "You've cried all day, you've had to pretend to be your brother almost just as long, and you've had to do it while trying to look effortlessly enchanting in that white suit. If it were me I would have ripped all my hair out by now, but you, you're a strong little unicorn you know that?"

He tried not to laugh, tried to smile it out as best as he could, but Yixing let out a chuckle once he saw the mischief on his friends face.

"I can't really picture you bald."

"Good," Jongin smiled. "because I don't have plans of ever being bald for any reason, ever. Not even when I'm 80 if I can prevent it."

"Good," Yixing teased. "because I don't think I could be friends with you if you were bald Jonginnie."

They entered Jongins room - much to Yixings surprise - and Jongin dropped him on the bed with an appalled expression on his face. It was so comical Yixing almost believed it.

"Are you telling me you wouldn't be friends with me if I was bald? What the hell Yixing?"

"I'm not saying that," Yixing smiled sweetly; watching as Jongin circled the bed as he removed his tie, his eyes playful. "I'm just implying that if you didn't have hair we may not be able to speak in public. That's all."

Jongin threw his head had and laughed, loud and happy. Yixing giggled as the Korean male before him grabbed a pillow and hit him with it.

"Here I am trying to make you feel better," Jongin laughed out. "And all along you wouldn't talk to me if I didn't have hair? What the ?"

Yixing laughed as he was hit repeatedly with both pillows and Jongins stuffed animal (a rather large teddy bear he may or may not have given him for his 11th birthday). Not wanting to be the victim for much longer, the Chinese male sprang to life and retaliated with his own arsenal of pillows. Both of them paused, hands and pillows mid air above their heads, with grins on their faces before Yixing finally managed to giggle more words out.

"Would it be a crime if I said, 'yes'?" He asked trying to bite back more laughter.

Jongin scoffed, "Okay." He said as he thew himself onto the bed and lunged at Yixing. "That's it. Come here!"

Yixings eyes went wide as he was suddenly tackled backwards onto his back. Jongin just about knocked the wind out of him before stradling the shorter male and pinning his arms above his head. In a more compromising position they could not have been, but Yixing was too stunned in silence to complain. Not that he thought he would have had any with Jongins face so close to his.

"Hyung," Jongin said with a smirk as he pointed a finger at Yixing. All Yixing could do was stare dumbly at the digit. "You better take that back," Yixing gulped at the proximity of their faces. "... or else."

There were a lot of things floating around Yixings head, and NONE of them were very innocent as Jongin finished his sentence. How he managed to say anything back was beyond him.

"Or else... what?" 

The mischievous smirk that spread across Jongins face made Yixing pale. Suddenly hands were everywhere and Yixing writhed in an attempt to break free.

He was being tickled.

Fingers expertly ghosted over his clothed skin and exposed neck in an attempt to render him a laughing mess - and it was working. 

"JONGIN HAHA CUT IT OUT!" Yixing screamed as he thrashed around under the taller male; tears forming in his eyes from all the laughter. Jongin was really enjoying himself a little too much above him as he continued his attack. "I'M GONNA PEE, HAHAHAHA PLEASE JONGIN STOP IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA STOP IT!"

"Not until you take it back!" Jongin laughed, his own body now putting in more force to keep Yixing from breaking free.

"I TAKE IT BACK! HAHAHA I TAKE IT BACK!"

"You promise?"

"YES! HAHA YES!"

"Are you lying to me..?"

"FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS PORORRO JONGIN I TAKE IT BACK!"

With that, Jongin sprang up off Yixing and the bed. He chuckled to himself at how miserable the Chinese male looked. Hair all mused, out of breath, face red, and ridiculous smile on his face. Jongin took a moment to really look at the male before him, still dressed in the tailored white suit from the wedding, before he realized he was staring. He quickly looked away, his own face a little heated now, gazing at Yixing only when he heard his breathing even out. He still had that smile on his face, but it was more relaxed and it made Jongin smile.

"How do you feel?"

Yixing didn't know if he should actually answer truthfully or not. He was happy, tired, but happy. He felt a lot better now that his mind wasn't cluttered with worries.

But he also felt like crying for that same reason. 

Jongin was only a friend.

A friend doing that they do best when another friend is down. 

Just friends.

A friend who happened to be the brother of the man he was actually in love with. Because no matter how loving it all seemed, Jongin still belonged to someone else. The same 'someone else' who had earlier that day, left him at the alter for another man in China. Not that Jongin actually knew that in full detail.

"I think I should be asking you that question." Yixing finally said after a long silence. "It was you who was left at the altar, after all. Not me."

Jongin ed his shirt before taking a seat on the bed next to Yixing.

"I really am sorry," He continued. "I know how much you love Luhan, and I can't even begin to understand how you must be feeling right now, but I really am sorry."

"Don't be," Jongin said as he took off his dress shirt. "It's not like you could have done anything to stop him. After all, I'm sure you're brother had his reasons."

Yixing tried not to, but he couldn't help watch as the other talked.

"I just hope he knows what he's doing. If marrying me today was going to stop something in his life that he couldn't let go of, then I hope he figures that out first before he decides to come back. Besides, I can't force him to marry me, and I don't want him to feel like I am."

Yixing looked on in awe, because no matter how young Kim Jongin was, he was much wiser than most would ever know. Even now, with the love of his life having left him with no warning, he was still hoping Luhan would be okay and do first what was best for him. Maybe one day, someone would love him half as much.

Yixing rose up into a sitting position and hugged the tanned male. Jongin stiffened for a moment before hugging him back.

"You really do deserve a happy ending, you know that?" Yixing spoke with a light chuckle, fighting back the tears that he knew wanted to come out. He couldn't cry anymore, not about this. Not about a one sided love that would lead him nowhere.

"Luhan just hasn't been around enough to see it for himself, that's all. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. All of this. If there was a way I could fix everything for you, I would."

"You've already done way too much if anything," Jongin pulled away and touched Yixings cheek. "You're always so good about helping others and making everyone else happy, but what about you? What does the unicorn want?"

I want to marry you, and spend my life making you fall in love with me over and over again, was what he wanted to say, but his breath caught in his throat when Jongin looked at him with such care. Moments like these, were he was the only thing in Jongins world, always made Yixing weak. He'd always wanted to know what it was like to give in and find out what it all meant, but he knew it was pointless. 

"I want you to be happy," He said simply. "More than anything right now, I want you to be happy."

Jongin blinked, not realizing he was holding his breath as his eyes lingered over Yixings features. 

"And," Yixing added. "I want to get out of this suit so I can sleep because i'm really tired from all the crying I did today."

Jongin snapped out of his thoughts and gave Yixing a warm smile.

"I have clothes you can borrow," He offered.

"That would be great thanks."

Yixing watched as Jongin walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of loose sleeping clothes. He admired the way his figure moved, fluid and strong, just like the dancer he was. It was all Yixing could do to keep from swooning. When he was handed clothes he quickly got up and changed in the restroom. It wasn't until he pulled the shirt over his head that he noted the smell lingering on them. It was Jongins. Something within Yixing warmed and he stepped out of the bathroom with a smile on his face. Jongin arched a brow at him skeptically; already under the cover (still shirtless) ready to sleep.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Nothing," Yixing shook his head. "I just realized you still have a ninja turtles toothbrush is all."

Jongin frowned. 

"What ever, I know you still sleep with that stuffed unicorn I gave you."

Yixing blushed as he got under the covers. Only then did it dawn on him that they were sharing a room.

"Not that I mind," He asked slowly. "But why are we sharing a bed when this estate has like 300 guest rooms?"

Jongin rolled his eyes.

"It has like 15, not 300, get your facts right," Jongin teased. "And if you want to sleep alone I understand, but it's supposed to storm tonight so I figured..."

"I am not still afraid of thunder Jongin." Yixing deadpanned.

"Sure you're not."

"I'm not!"

Just then a loud crack was herd outside  and a downpour of rain hit the window - hard. Yixing all but jumped out of his skin and clutched at Jongin.

"You were saying?" Jongin said with a smirk as he looked down at the male at his side.

"Shut up," Yixing blushed. Before he could scoot away and hide his face in embarassement two arms enircled his waist and moved him closer.

"Since you hog the sheets when you're scared less, and I need to keep warm, I guess I can put up with holding you like when we were kids." Jongin teased as he barried his face in Yixings hair.

Yixing could feel his heart racing inside his chest and prayed Jongin wouldn't feel it too.

"I am not a kid, in fact I am older than you now let me - "

CRACK!

Another loud sound of thunder rolled through the house and Yixing dove his face into Jongins chest. Oh but how the world was just one cruel joke.
Jongin chuckled, the sound loud in Yixings reddening ears.

"Just sleep okay?" Jongin grinned. "Man, the person you marry one day is lucky."

Yixing arhced a brow at that and looked up questioningly at the younger male.

"What makes you say that?"

Jongin smiled, "You're like a kitten. All cute and clingy. People love that."

Yixing didn't know whether to be offended or what.

"You're comparing me to a cat?" He asked slowly. "Is that supposed to be a complement?"

"Is it not one? Okay, how about that you speak 2 languages?"

"You do too."

"Fluently~."

"I mean your Chinese isn't THAT bad."

"Okay, well you can dance."

"So can you, and I'm not really good at it."

Jongin looked down incredulously.

"Zhang Yixing are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how amazing it is to watch you dance? That said, do you know what they say about guys who can dance?"

Yixing thought about it for a moment, "That they have big feet?"

Jongin blinked. ".... Close enough... Okay, but you can sing really well too!"

"Jongin," Yixing blushed. "I'm flattered, really, but we both know im mediocre at best and why do we need to point out my good points right this moment anyway? I just want to sleep!"

"Haven't you ever wondered why people love you so much?"

Yixing paused and stared off into space for a moment.

"Is that what you do with you're spare time?"

Jongin pinched his - an old, and odd, way of horsing around among the two - eliciting an 'ow!' from the shorter male.

"Oh come on Xing, you know you're a catch."

Yixing blushed and hid his face in Jongins chest.

"I'm tuning you out and going to bed, good night dumb Jong."

Jongin chuckled but quieted his talking none the less. He started speaking again when he started unconsciously Yixings hair.

"You deserve to be loved just as much, no, more so than anyone else Yixing," Slow even breaths let Jongin know that the older male was now fast asleep in his arms. He smiled as he watched the rain hit the window outside. "Even if I can't be the one to do it."


TO BE CONTINUED.
sorry it's taking so long to update. I was waiting for the season to be over so i could have time to really work on stuff and post this. Please comment and let me know what you think. this story will have a lot of chapters btw. It's slow going now, but it'll pickup :)