2/2

PCYeol Has Requested To Follow You

Baekhyun was playing around with his untouched plate of food. He flicked the piece of cucumber out of the way, but he used too much force and it landed on Luhan’s hand next to him instead.

Scrunching his face, Luhan looked at his best friend. “Dude, aren’t you eating that? You’ve been picking at your food for the past five minutes!” He picked up the piece of cucumber and tossed it on the table.

Baekhyun looked at Luhan as if he was begging for sympathy, and sighed.

“Don’t you think Literature lessons are so boring these days?”

Luhan rolled his eyes and flicked his best friend’s forehead, inducing a painful yelp and glare from the latter, who was now rubbing way too aggressively against the spot that was turning an angry red. Luhan almost felt bad. Almost.

“Get over it Baek. What can you do even if you find his account? Stalk him all day long?” Luhan retorted sharply.

“I—No. I just want to see how his life is outside school, that’s all,” he mumbled, just loud enough for Luhan to catch his words.

Just as Luhan was about to knock some sense into his best friend’s thick skull for being so stubborn about his unusually long crush, Yoona walked past their table while on her phone. She walked backwards a couple of steps, before looking at Baekhyun in the eye.

“Baekhyun? Ah, I was about to look for you!” Yoona beamed.

“Me? What is it?”

“Ah, you see, ever since you asked Chanyeol about his instagram account that day out of the blue, some of the students immediately went all FBI on him. And to your luck, they found his account. Just wondering if you’d—”

“Yes. I—I mean, yeah. Account, right. What’s his username?” Baekhyun stammered out before Yoona could finish.

Luhan snorted while the girl giggled at his impatience.

“Well, if you’re so interested, it’s ‘real__pcy’,” she said, handing over her phone to Baekhyun for reference.

“But unfortunately, he has yet to accept any requests from us. Only Hyeri,” she pointed to the girl who’s staring at her phone while sipping on milk in an overly happy fashion, “got her request accepted. Last night, apparently he was on.”

Baekhyun uttered a quick thank you to Yoona and whipped his phone out from his pocket. He keyed in Chanyeol’s account name in the search bar, and yielded the result he was looking for. Hastily, he tapped on the name that’s accompanied by a profile photo of what seems to be the words “Happiness Delight’”.

His thumb hovered over the follow button, and he mulled over it for a few seconds. Did he come off as desperate? What if he doesn’t recognize my photo? Wait, of course he wouldn’t recognize it! Do I have any weird photos in my—

Baekhyun’s train of thoughts was cut off when Luhan grabbed the device from Baekhyun’s grip and tapped the follow button on his behalf. Baekhyun could only stare at his best friend, about to go off on 101 reasons why following Chanyeol is a bad idea, but Luhan merely pushed his face away, “You’re taking too damn long Baek, I’m helping you here.”

Baekhyun knew he couldn’t argue with Luhan, so he resigned to eating his food and prayed for the best.

 

 

“Hello?” Luhan spoke into the receiver in a gruff voice, having just been awoken by the annoying and highly inappropriate timed sound of his phone’s ringtone.

“Lulu! You won’t believe this! Chanyeol has accepted my request! He— I cannot handle this right now, his photos are literally therapy for the soul oh god— Is that him in a singlet? I—”

“Byun Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun flinched at Luhan’s shrill voice, his rambling coming to a stop.

“You have the audacity to call me at this hour in the night, only to tell me that Chanyeol accepted your request?” Baekhyun looked at the alarm clock on his bedside table. 12.18AM.

I swear it was only 9.30pm when I started refreshing Insatgram. Baekhyun thought, completely fazed that time has passed so quickly.

“Ah, sorry lulu. I wasn’t aware that it’s already midnight... Just, he looks really good in all his photos, and oh! He plays in a band too, apparently! I need to share about it! Did I mention he looks really cute when he scrunches his nose—”

“Baek! I need my beauty sleep! Can we talk about this tomorrow?” Luhan yawned.

Baekhyun giggled as he scrolled past another photo, “Sorry lulu, go to sleep okay? I’ll tell you everything tomorrow!”

“Please go to sleep too Baek, we have a class test tomorrow. Good night.” Luhan groaned before tapping on the end button.

That night, Baekhyun fell asleep with his phone clutched near his heart that was beating faster than usual, a small smile gracing his soft features.

 

 

The next day during lunch, Baekhyun eagerly dragged a not-so-eager Luhan to their usual seat in the cafeteria, and immediately took out his only connection to the charming teacher.

“Baek, can I just grab a sandwich first because I’m freaking hung—” Luhan attempted to pull himself out of the younger boy’s hold but was pulled back down with a finger pressed to his lips.

“Shhh. Patience Luhan, patience. There are important matters at hand.” Baekhyun said grinning, albeit a little too creepily. Luhan thought he’d seen that grin somewhere before.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Baek, stalking Chanyeol aka your crush of maybe just two months is not an important matter. The fact that your best friend of ten years is deprived of food and sleep—,” Luhan glared at Baekhyun, “—is.”

“I said I was sorry!” Baekhyun pouted.

“Nope, not gonna—”

Activate puppy eyes.

“Still, you should not be—”

Insert puppy-like whimpering.

“Goddammit Baek. I hate you. What is it that’s so important?” Luhan grumbled, defeated once again.

Baekhyun grinned from ear to ear at his victory. Heh, Luhan’s my man slave for life.

“I just wanted to share about my new book called, ‘Why Chanyeol Is Bae’—” Luhan quirked an eyebrow at Baekhyun, “—and shower you with my awesome omelette of love!” Baekhyun finished as he pulled a lunchbox out of nowhere, shoving it in front of Luhan.

Luhan stared at the lunchbox before smiling widely at Baekhyun, punching him lightly on the shoulder, “Thanks Baek, you’re forgiven. I’m all ears! Bon appétit!” Luhan tucked into the meal Baekhyun prepared for him.

“I know I’m like the best friend ever, but still, can we talk about how I feel like I’ve known Chanyeol my entire life simply by following him?”

Luhan ate happily and gave a nod for Baekhyun to continue.

“So, as I said last night, he plays the bass in a band. He has an absurd collection of snapbacks, that looks really, really good on him, by the way. He composes songs in his free time and has a weird obsession with Rilakkuma dolls.” Baekhyun said as he scrolled through Chanyeol’s account again, only stopping when he saw a photo of him with him arms around a girl, a little too intimately for Baekhyun.

“And… who the hell is this?” Baekhyun muttered grumpily. “Is this his… girlfriend?”

Luhan stopped stuffing his face with rice for a while and looked at the square on Baekhyun’s screen.

“Oh? He sure doesn’t look affected by any of the females in our school though, we have some pretty girls here.”

“I know! My gaydar has never been wrong! I can sense that Chanyeol’s bent somehow,” Baekhyun replied, frown evident on previously glowing face. “Now my chances of being with him is lowered by like, eighty percent.”

“Uh Baek, hate to break it to you but your chances of even meeting him is already an all time low to begin with.” Luhan quipped.

Baekhyun looked at his best friend in distress, and turned back to his phone, scrolling down again, “Hot selca, hot selca, cute selca, hot, hot, that girl, that girl, that— Does he only take photos with her!?”

Baekhyun tapped on another one of Chanyeol’s photo with that girl, who, Baekhyun hates to admit, is really pretty.

“Just, who is she?” Baekhyun cried in utter despair as he read the caption, “With my favourite girl in the world <3

“Hey, he tagged her, check it out.” Luhan pointed at the little black symbol at the bottom left hand corner of the square.

Reluctantly, Baekhyun tapped on it once, for he really wanted to know. But for some reason, the tagged person did not show up. Baekhyun took it upon himself and tapped on the photo repeatedly, and— “Oh hell no. !” Baekhyun cried out in frustration.

“What?” Luhan asked, eyes growing to the size of saucers.

“I liked his damn photo by accident!” he cried in despair, slapping himself on the forehead.

“I can’t tell what’s worse! Liking a photo that features him hugging a possible arch enemy, or the fact that this photo was taken about 27 weeks ago! Now he’ll know I’m a creepy stalker and will probably never, ever want to see me within a five meter radius from him.” He deadpanned.

“Come on Baek, it’s not that bad. Maybe then, senpai will notice you. Heh,” Luhan thought he was hilarious.

“I’d appreciate it if he notices me because of the seductive selcas I’m planning to post on my account,” Luhan’s eyebrows scrunch in mild disgust, “in which he has yet to follow back, by the way. Not as some creepy stalker.”

“Baek, I think I’d appreciate it if you didn’t post any seductive selcas, or I’ll unfollow without a second thought.”

“Argh, seriously though, he’s probably going to be so disturbed by me. It’s an unspoken rule to never like a photo on Instagram that’s more than three days old,” Baekhyun mumbled.

“Sometimes, I wonder why I’m friends with you. Tell you what, I’m sure there are plenty of girls out there who’ve done the same,” Luhan pointed to a group of female students from their class that’s on their phones and fanning themselves at the same time.

Baekhyun felt a bit better.

“Hmm, maybe you’re right.” Baekhyun said thoughtlessly, while staring at Chanyeol’s photo, before pulling Luhan’s lunchbox over.

“Hey! That’s mine!”

 

 

One of my very talented student drew this. Incredible isn’t it? Kekeke, be jealous you don’t have one! I look really handsome here, as always~”

Baekhyun gasped at the latest photo on his timeline.

Chanyeol actually posted a photo of the portrait he drew of him on his Instagram, and not so subtly complimented him. Baekhyun tapped twice on the photo without thinking, and headed to the comments section, wanting to type something witty to counter his self-praise, but decided against it. Hell, Chanyeol has yet to follow him!

He called Luhan instead.

“Byun Baekhyun! Do you have any idea what time it is? What is with you and—

“Chanyeol posted a photo of my drawing! Lulu, this is the moment of my life!” Baekhyun squealed into the phone, making Luhan cringe from the high-pitched voice, having just been woken up by his rude friend.

“Well, okay Baek, good for you. But it’s a weekend morning and I’d prefer if you didn’t call—

“Nonsense lulu! It’s already 7.25am, about time you woke up and celebrate my achievement in life.” Luhan can hear the grin in Baekhyun’s voice, and he was not amused. After all, this wasn’t the first time Baekhyun had called him at some ungodly hour over Chanyeol and interrupted his sentence midway.

“Besides, shouldn’t you feel happy and excited that your best— Oh wait! Lulu! Hold on! I’m getting a notification— From Chanyeol? From Chanyeol! Oh god I have to go Lulu. Nice chatting with you,” He finished promptly before hanging up on his friend.

Baekhyun hastily tapped on his notifications button, and raised an eyebrow when he saw that he had requested to send a direct request. Who even uses that?

Nevertheless, the Park Chanyeol that he so casually woke his best friend up that morning to talk about has just sent a request asking for permission to send a direct to him. Wow, my fairy godmother must be on my side today.

With his heart thumping against his ribcage, he tapped on the green tick and saw the photo that Chanyeol sent him. It was the portrait of Chanyeol, hung on what seems like the wall of Chanyeol’s room.

Oh no, oh no, oh no. He’s showing me his room. ’s getting real. Baekhyun took a deep breath and read the caption.

Byun Baekhyun? Haha, I guess you found my Instagram after all! Thank you for your drawing of me, it’s very accurate, to say the least. :) I’m also flattered that you liked a post from about 27 weeks ago keke. How did you find the girl? Isn’t she pretty? ;)”

“This little ,” Baekhyun cursed Chanyeol in his mind, feeling his cheeks heating up, unsure whether it’s because Chanyeol has just noticed him, or because Chanyeol has noticed him for liking a photo that’s way too long according to Baekhyun’s somewhat self-made “unspoken rule”. Just like what he feared.

Also, what about that girl? Just, who exactly is she? Baekhyun wanted to pull his hair out in frustration. He felt like such a overly obsessive boyfriend. Pft, boyfriend.

He didn’t know which photo to send back a reply with. Heck, he doesn’t even know how he should reply! He just got called, though not explicitly, a stalker, for goodness sake!

Before he had a chance to panic over his reply distress, Chanyeol sent in another photo, this time, a photo of him with his overly attractive fingers (to Baekhyun) showing a V-sign at his eye.

You sure are fast accepting my request. Have you been waiting for my message? Haha, I kid. But I figured you might not enjoy talking here, wanna take it to a proper place? Here’s my number: 8623-2485 ;)”

Baekhyun thought he was going to overdose on feels and die on the spot. He was really getting lucky today. First, he got complimented by Chanyeol through a public post on his drawing. Then he got a direct from said teacher. And now, he scored said teacher’s number, and he literally did nothing to get any of those. Baekhyun felt like he was going to cry.

Not to mention Baekhyun was one hundred and two percent done with Chanyeol’s wink-face emojis. It was definitely rule number one of social media etiquette to never, ever use that face unless you’re suggesting something… Well, suggestive.

Reading Chanyeol’s sentence again, his sixth sense told him that the older was hiding some innuendos in that sentence. Not that he wanted to know.

Baekhyun quickly saved the teacher’s number in his phone, making triple checks to ensure that he saved the right number so he don’t end up texting some weird, old dude with a pot belly or something.

Tapping on his newly added contact, he sent a message to Chanyeol, careful not to sound desperate or anything. Keep it casual, Byun. Play it cool.

Hi, is this Chanyeol’s number?”

You got that right. Hi Baekhyun! :)”

“Hey! I’m glad you liked my portrait, it wasn’t the best, but I really appreciated the compliment! And sorry about liking that photo, it was… accidental.”

Chanyeol replied almost instantly.

“Are you kidding me? That portrait was very nicely done! You sure have many talents Baekhyun! Don’t worry about the photo, accidents happen. :)”

Baekhyun was so glad Chanyeol didn’t think he was creepy, because he sure as hell did not mean to come off like that in front of him.

“Heh, thank you. :)”

“Actually, Baekhyun, if you are free for the day, would you like to hang out? I thought you looked like a fun person to hang out with, but being your teacher previously, I can’t really do that. :x”

Baekhyun’s hand went up and clasped over his mouth. He literally cannot believe the words that flashed on his screen. It’s like all his years of bad luck with crushes all boiled down to this because his fairy godmother (Something Baekhyun strongly believed in) has finally decided it’s time he needed some happiness in his sad, sad life.

Chanyeol was asking him out on date, technically. Was it? Before he could type in a reply, his phone received a new message.

I guess you can call this a date? I mean, if you want to. We could go to the amusement park that’s been set up for the week. ^^

Sure! :)” Baekhyun typed, trying not to sound overly enthusiastic when really, his inner fanboy has just been ignited. And his inner fanboy was one hell of a beast.

Alright then, I’ll pick you up at your house at 1pm? Text me your address! ^^

Baekhyun texted him his address immediately, before tossing his phone on the bed and then proceeded to try and smother himself in his sheets, letting out a scream of utter elatedness.

He collected himself before sitting up and dialing Luhan’s number again.

“Byun. Baek. Hyun.” Luhan growled over the phone.

Baekhyun ignored the tone in his voice and said, the cheerfulness in his voice oozing out like honey, “Guess who scored a date with the one and only, Park Chanyeol?”

Over on the other side of the line, Luhan slowly sat up, still groggy from sleep, “You what?”

“You heard me sweet cheeks! Now come over and help me decide on what to wear!”

Before Luhan could protest once again about his obnoxious nickname, Baekhyun hung up.

Today’s going to be great.

 

 

About half an hour later, Luhan arrived at his house. Immediately, Baekhyun dragged Luhan to his room and shut the door, then tossed his phone that was displaying the conversation between him and Chanyeol over to Luhan. “Read it lulu,” he said excitedly.

Luhan gave it a quick browse through. “Huh, I guess you really did strike a date with Mr Park,” Luhan smirked.

“Of course I did, did you think I was lying?” Baekhyun asked, disbelieving.

“No, I thought maybe you dreamt about it and called me in your sleep. That could’ve been possible,” Luhan teased.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Well, help me pick out what to wear, I’m seriously out of ideas.”

Luhan pursed his lips and stalked over to Baekhyun’s closet, before opening the doors and rummaging through it like a house thief looking for money.

“Yah, you’re messing up my wardrobe! I’ve just rearranged it the other day!”

“Here.” Luhan said, holding out a white dress shirt and some jeans. “I think this looks fine.”

“Are you kidding me Lulu? Don’t you remember what Chanyeol said about ‘teachers dressing too boringly’? Hello, but I think this makes the cut.”

“But you’re not a teacher,” Luhan mumbled, loud enough for Baekhyun to hear.

“Yeah but still.” Baekhyun moved over to his closet, fingers brushing across the clothes he has, until he pulled out another shirt.

“This?” Baekhyun pointed.

Luhan shook his head.

Baekhyun frowned and pulled out a sweater. “This?”

Luhan shook his head again.

“How about this?”

No.

“This?”

No.

“What. About. This.”

“You look like Christmas gone wrong.”

Baekhyun nearly pulled all his hair out in frustration. This was going to be a great day. But this was also going to be a long day.

After 45 minutes of Baekhyun’s “How about this” and Luhan’s “Nope” and other insulting comments on his choice of clothes, as well as a messy wardrobe, Luhan finally approved of a simple red flannel with the reason being “Chanyeol often wears flannels too, I figured he might like it”.

He wore some ripped black skinnies and topped it off with a pair of black leather converse.

“Nice Baek, I’m sure Chanyeol would be appreciative of those pants,” Luhan commented, sniggering when Baekhyun pushed Luhan’s head with his index finger in embarrassment.

Luhan left Baekhyun’s house soon after, making Baekhyun wait for Chanyeol’s arrival with his nerves all tangled.

At exactly 12.59pm, Baekhyun heard the sound of a car’s engine pulling up in front of his house. Taking one last look at himself in the mirror, he turned and was about to walk out of the door when someone knocked on it.

Baekhyun opened the door a little too fast, cursing inwardly when he though he might come off as desperate, and he was greeted by the sight of Chanyeol in a… Red flannel? What?

Chanyeol looked just as surprised as he did, but he giggled and pointed between the both of them, “Guess we’re wearing couple outfits today.”

Baekhyun gulped and forced a smile as his internal system is shutting down due to an error that comes in the form of an overly straightforward Chanyeol.

“Ready to go?” Chanyeol smiled back warmly at Baekhyun.

The younger boy nodded before stepping out of his door and shutting it, following the taller to his car.

 

 

The car ride was mostly silent, until Chanyeol decided to break it. “So… How did you find me on Instagram?”

Baekhyun definitely was not expecting anymore questions about that.

“I— You remember Yoona?” Chanyeol nodded. “She told me about your Instagram because apparently some girls in the class found out about it. They’re really good at such things.”

“Oh? Haha, no wonder I had so many requests that day…” Chanyeol trailed off, deep in thought.

“What were you doing creeping around in my photos then?” Chanyeol asked, though his tone was teasing, Baekhyun’s cheeks turned beet red.

“Uh… I— Um, was just… Curious?” Baekhyun mumbled, defenseless.

“Relax Baek, I’m sure everyone does that, I was just kidding.” Chanyeol grinned at him before turning back to the road.

“Haha… Right.” Baekhyun can’t help but cheer for joy secretly at his nickname.

Then, Baekhyun couldn’t help but become curious again. He never did things with much thought anyways, so to hell with it. He might regret it but he needs to know.

“Erm… Do you mind if I ask you who that girl is? She is… Um… Very pretty.”

Chanyeol could only chuckle before retorting playfully, “Why? Does she bother you? Or does she interest you?”

“N-no! I was just curious, again, that’s all!”

“Haha, I believe you Baek, calm down. She’s my sister, Yura. Pretty, isn’t she?”

“Sister? Oh, yeah, she is really pretty.” Baekhyun smiled in relief. He could definitely see that Chanyeol’s good genes runs in the family.

“Did you think she was my girlfriend or something?” Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun for a moment.

“No… Maybe, yes. I don’t know.”

“Don’t worry. To tell you the truth, I don’t really… dig girls.” Chanyeol purses his lips.

Aha! I knew it! My gaydar is spot on, I’m never wrong! Baekhyun thought to himself smugly.

“Oh… Um… I guess I could say the same?” Baekhyun said, unsure of how he’s suddenly so open about his uality in front of his… new friend?

“Well, I guess I’m lucky then.” He flashed another of his truly beautiful smiles.

As those words fell upon his ears, Baekhyun wasn’t entirely sure if heard right. His head was feeling a little giddy from all the implication. This sneaky little—, Baekhyun thought, but was cut short when Chanyeol announced their arrival at the amusement park.

They got out of the car and walked to the ticket booths together, in which Chanyeol insisted on paying for their tickets.

With that, they headed in and had the time of their lives.

From their previously awkward atmosphere that consists of mainly Chanyeol talking and Baekhyun’s short or stuttering replies, they both soon found themselves opening up to each other.

Chanyeol learnt that Baekhyun hated cucumbers, loved Coldplay (in which Chanyeol loved too), and has an older brother named Baekbeom. He also knew that Baekhyun has a lovely singing voice, one that he heard when they were on the ferris wheel and Chanyeol begged for him to sing. Baekhyun has a fear of lizards, and can speak a little Japanese from watching animes, indicating he may or may not be a closet Otaku.

On the other hand, Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol could not only play the guitar, but also the drums and piano, in which he said he wanted to show Baekhyun some day (promising a future date). Chanyeol apparently learnt to play music by ear and still has some trouble playing sheet music. He also learnt that Chanyeol’s father owned a café in which his band sometimes play at, and had a pet ferret growing up, but then he grew allergic to fur of any sorts.

They learned a lot of things about each other, and had such a blast that day that they didn’t realize the sun has already gone down.

As they sat at a bench to take a break after their adrenaline inducing rollercoaster ride, Baekhyun suggested taking a photo to commemorate their forged friendship. Chanyeol put an arm around Baekhyun and pulled him snugly against his side as the younger was getting ready his phone’s camera. Baekhyun felt like his heart was hammering from being so close to the person of his interest.

On the count of three, they snapped a photo together. In it, Chanyeol was posing with a signature v-sign and wink, while Baekhyun grinned to show his rows of perfect pearly whites.

“Send me the photo Baek!”

Baekhyun hummed a reply and proceeded to do so. But in the midst of that, he received a notification.

“PCYeol (real___pcy) has requested to follow you.”

He shot a look at Chanyeol, who only shrugged and looked at his phone with a smile.

Shaking his head with a smile, Baekhyun accepted his request.

By the time they finished the not-too-enticing dinner at a restaurant called “Pete’s diner” at the amusement park, they decided it was time to go home.

Chanyeol drove Baekhyun back home, and insisted on sending Baekhyun to the door, earning Baekhyun a warm feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“I’ve had a great time today Baek! It’s been a while since I’ve had so much fun!” Chanyeol laughed, voice resonating in Baekhyun’s mind.

Baekhyun smiled widely back at Chanyeol, before nodding his head.

“So, I guess I’ll see you some time soon?” Chanyeol said, leaning against the door frame.

Baekhyun turned around, his breath hitched when he realized he was standing too close to Chanyeol’s looming figure. Their eyes connected and unknowingly, their faces inched closer to each other’s. Chanyeol was about to close the gap between them when Baekhyun stepped back a little, blushing fervently.

“Uh yeah. Text me?” Baekhyun offered a small, almost apologetic smile.

Chanyeol snapped out of his daze and smiled back, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

“Good night Baekhyun.”

“Good night.”

Baekhyun closed the door and ran to his room, looking out of the window for the tall giant. He could see Chanyeol hitting his own head lightly as he walked towards his car, as if chastising himself for pulling such a stunt earlier on.

He laughed to himself before shaking his head, plopping on his bed.

Twenty minutes later, Baekhyun checked his Instagram and realized Chanyeol has posted a selca of him with that stupidly attractive wink of his, still in the red flannel from earlier, with a caption that reads—

“Had a great day out with a beautiful angel~ He has accepted my request, but will he accept my heart too? Ah, what am I saying… Goodnight angel~ I hope you dream of me tonight. #sorryimcheesy #butnotthatsorry”

Baekhyun slept very well that night, and he did dream of a certain 6 feet, red-haired boy.

 

-End-


 

A/N: Hey there! If you've read the story up till the end, thank you so much! If you're a subscriber, thanks a whole lot! If you even took notice of this story and decided to give it a try, thank you! I really appreciate everything hehe~ Hope you guys enjoy the story! :D

P.S. I've read your some of your comments~ Sequel...? Ehehehe I'm currently lacking the motivation and inspiration to make one (Though I wanted to, initially)... But when I do, I'll definitely link it here! ^^