1/2

PCYeol Has Requested To Follow You

Baekhyun entered his class for the first period of the day — Literature. Baekhyun thoroughly enjoyed the subject that explores the beauty of written works and had absolutely no problems with this class, he did well in it, after all.

Shortly after he settled into his seat, his best friend Luhan dashed into class looking much more excited than he was on usual days. Luhan was not too big a fan of literature as Baekhyun was, so for him to look like he won the lottery coming into class, was quite an unusual sight.

“Baekhyun! Did you hear about the new intern that’s coming to our class? He’s —”  Luhan did not get to finish his sentence as an unfamiliar tall figure walked into class, causing a silence to envelope the classroom.

Luhan turned around and tilted his head to motion to Baekhyun whom he was about to talk about.

The tall man walked over to the teacher’s desk, clad in a mint pullover that he wore over a dress shirt, some dark coloured jeans and… Air Jordans?

Which teacher wears that to school?

The class continued it’s silence as the teacher walked to the middle of the class. It was then that Baekhyun noticed the teacher’s face.

“Damn.”

Luhan heard Baekhyun and tried to stifle a snigger.

“— I meant to say good looking.” Luhan whispered with a playful smirk tugging on his lips.

Baekhyun eyed his best friend and poked him in the arm.

“Good morning class! I’m Park Chanyeol, your new intern. As you can see, Mr Jung has left your class in my hands, so I hope to work well with you guys for the next two months. I’m not that much older than you guys, so calling me Chanyeol would be fine.”

He flashed a bright smile, which Baekhyun would’ve deemed creepy if it weren’t for his handsome features. Not to mention, Chanyeol’s voice was unusually deep for a face like his.

Baekhyun noted that Chanyeol had rather noticeable ears, partly covered by his chestnut brown hair that’s been pushed back, showing his brown orbs that were sharp yet gentle looking.

“So before we start, I think I could introduce myself a little more. I’m going to be 23 this year, and am an ex-student of this school. And if you’re wondering why I’m dressed unlike a teacher —”

Baekhyun shifted his gaze to the floor. Did he read my thoughts?

“— Well I think I got away lucky. Plus, don’t tell but some teachers dress too boringly for my liking.” Chanyeol finished as the class burst into giggles and whispers.

“Well, I guess I’ve managed to break the ice in this class. You guys were so quiet I thought I entered a funeral.” More laughter followed. Well, mostly the girls who are trying hard not to be obvious about fawning over the young teacher.

He seems like a fun teacher, and his looks and voice are a plus. Baekhyun thought.

“I figured we should take it easy today, and start with something away from the curriculum. I’d like you all to take some time starting from now to write a poem or two, and we’ll share some of yours with everyone at the end of this class. No restrictions, just keep writing!” Chanyeol chimed as he walked back to his seat.

Luhan turned around to Baekhyun, who has already started scribbling on his notebook.

“Baek, what are you writing about?”

Baekhyun merely hummed in response and waved Luhan away. Luhan rolled his eyes and turned back, racking his brain to come up with anything that’s sounds legit.

About ten minutes near the end of class, Chanyeol stopped what everyone was doing, and asked the class clown, Jinki, to share his poem.

Jinki grinned as he picked up his foolscap and Chanyeol smiled in anticipation. Baekhyun thought he might overheat from Chanyeol’s radiant smile.

Jinki cleared his throat.

“A shadow by night,

And bright by day.

With no others in sight,

Microwave.”

The class laughed at Jinki’s lame attempt at a poem, and Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, before breaking into another one of his breathtakingly charming smile.

“Well, I guess you’ve tried. Moving on.” Chanyeol clapped his hands.

He scanned the classroom, looking for students to share their poems, when his eyes landed on Baekhyun.

“Would you like to share yours, uh…” Chanyeol drifted off, and Baekhyun realized he was asking for his name.

“Baekhyun.” He replied.

“Right, would you like to share your poem, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun thought his name sounded perfect rolling off of Chanyeol’s tongue. Baekhyun broke out of his short trance and felt his face heat up. He didn’t think Chanyeol would call upon him, because the poem was a little embarrassing to read out loud.  

Chanyeol smiled at him warmly in anticipation, and Baekhyun knew there was no way he could decline. He nodded.

“Walking into the class,

Your face was youthful and bright.

Your eyes that are gentle

Your toothy grins that can blind

Your hair that falls gracefully

Your elf-like ears that peek out

My source of joy was simple

Found at the sight of your dimples.”

Baekhyun finished. He put down his notebook and looked up carefully for a reaction. Chanyeol and the rest of the class merely stared at him for a moment, before Chanyeol cleared his throat and clapped. The class followed and Baekhyun sat down.

“That was… Very nice! Much, much better than poems that end with microwaves.” Chanyeol emphasized. The class’s laughter rang at the memory while Jinki merely shrugged.

Baekhyun bowed his head a little and felt his face heat up at the compliment, unknowing that Chanyeol was looking at him since.

“Alright, since today’s lesson was a free and easy, I figured you guys can go for your lunch break early. You’re dismissed.” Chanyeol announced.

The class was hyped about getting to leave the class early for once, for it was a miracle for the teacher to not stop rambling on about the prose they’re analyzing or the poem they’re reading.

As Baekhyun was about to leave with Luhan, Chanyeol called out to him. “Baekhyun?” Baekhyun turned around at the sound of Chanyeol’s voice.

“Uh, me?”

“I didn’t know there was another Baekhyun in the class,” chuckled Chanyeol.

Baekhyun tried not to fanboy too hard internally about the deep voice that’s been emitted from the taller.

Luhan took this as his cue to leave. But before that, he mouthed to Baekhyun that he’ll be waiting in the cafeteria.

“I just wanted to say that was a really nice poem, given such a short time. Do you write them a lot?” Chanyeol asked.

“Not really. But I do enjoy writing.” Baekhyun looked nervously to the floor. It was weird to be talking to a teacher one-to-one. Baekhuyn was not exactly the most sociable person alive.

Chanyeol laughed again, and Baekhyun wanted to run into a wall. Goddammit, his voice is so eargasmic.

“Don’t be so nervous, I’m not going to eat you up. But thanks for the poem, people do talk about my ears a lot. It was flattering to have someone write a poem about me.”

Baekhyun was about to have a system shutdown right there and then. How the heck—

“Keep it up though, you have a gift for writing.” Chanyeol smiles.

Someone, help me, if you will.

Baekhyun nodded meekly and attempted to smile back, hoping he did not seem like he was going to faint.

“Well, you friend must be waiting for you.”

“Right, he must be. Uh, bye,” Baekhyun turned around to leave, his cheeks fervently heating up as the moment passes, but not without hearing Chanyeol laugh at his nervousness.

Baekhyun hurried down the hall, and tried to steady his beating heart before entering the cafeteria to look for his friend.

 

 

“Baek, please.” Luhan deadpanned at Baekhyun just as the brunette sat down.

“What?”

“Aren’t you being a little too obvious with that poem? That was so not your style.”

“Oh god, don’t remind me.” Baekhyun slumped down on the table in embarrassment.

Now it’s Luhan’s turn to be confused. “What?”

“Hm nuose.”

“What? Baek, I can’t hear you.”

Baekhyun sat up, face dreadful.

“I said, he knows. That new intern called me out because he knows I just wrote a stupid poem about him! I just embarrassed myself in front of the hot teacher I just met! I am so done! Argh!” he finished in exasperation.

Luhan raised an eyebrow and look at his friend before laughing at his misery.

“Oh Baekhyun.” Luhan chuckled.

 

 

Nowadays, lessons just weren’t quite the same.

Not with a certain devilishly handsome and tall teacher around.

Almost every literature lesson, Chanyeol would stroll into class, looking quite unusual, as always. On some days, he might dress up as if he was an idol who just came back from the airport. As Baekhyun dubbed it, “Chanyeol’s Airport Fashion”. On other days, Chanyeol would take the lazy route and don on a regular dress shirt and slacks, yet it looked really good on him. Especially those long legs that seem to run on miles after miles.

Despite Chanyeol saying he doesn’t dig teachers’ “boring style”, he had to wear them on days they have departmental meetings.

Either ways, Chanyeol pulled both looks off very well, and Baekhyun can’t quite put a finger on which style he liked more on Chanyeol. (Although he secretly hoped Chanyeol would be lazy more often, those white shirts are a little see through, afterall.)

During his internship at his school, Chanyeol has garnered quite the attention. He definitely has hordes of fangirls after him, that’s for sure.

Baekhyun was one of them, watching from afar. He figured maybe he has just a little, tiny cru- No, scratch that. Baekhyun’s admiration for the tall teacher was getting more and more intense as the days go by.

Ever since the poem incident, Baekhyun didn’t talk to Chanyeol unless necessary, and avoided eye contact every time the teacher would look at him in class.

But Baekhyun’s immense crush on his teacher never ceased fire.

In fact, Luhan always liked to remark that this was probably the longest Baekhyun’s interest in something, or someone, for that matter, ever lasted.

As Baekhyun was deep in thought about his literature teacher, he walked and bumped into someone’s chest. That someone, turned out to be the said teacher that’s been on his mind since day one.

Baekhyun looked up, and he was, for the lack of better word, enchanted by what his stupid poem described as “eyes that are gentle”. His dark brown orbs that seem to bore holes into his soul or something.

The duo stood in the hallway like some scene straight out from a K-drama, when Baekhyun snapped out of his daze and realized Chanyeol was standing too close for comfort, feeling the heat creep up his cheeks.

“Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” Baekhyun said as he took a step backwards, rubbing his neck with one hand.

Chanyeol flashed his oh-so-charmingly-handsome smile. “Don’t worry about it, I wasn’t looking either.”

That was when Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol was carrying a rather heavy looking bag in his hand. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and pointed a finger at the bag and asked, “Do you need help with that?”

Chanyeol looked down and then back at Baekhyun, “No, I’m fine. Just some things that I need to bring home first so it won’t be too bothersome when my intership ends next week.”

Baekhyun’s ears perked up at the mention of his teacher’s ending intership. “You’re… leaving soon?” Baekhyun queried, unable to hide the disappointment laced in his voice.

Chanyeol nodded and sighed, before smiling warmly down at Baekhyun. “Yeah. I’ll be telling the class tomorrow, guess you’re the first one to know huh...”

“See you around?” Chanyeol said, before ruffling Baekhyun’s hair and walking away.

If it were anyone else that touched his hair, Baekhyun would’ve been irritated to the ends of Earth. But this was Chanyeol, and Chanyeol can do anything to Baekhyun’s hair and he would only think that his hair was graced by some heavenly being.

Baekhyun was left standing in the hallway, feeling a piece of him being taken away as he let the realization that he has literally one week left with the tall, charming, awesome, gorgeous teacher sink in, and he didn’t like the sound of that.

I’m going to miss that voice. Baekhyun thought.

 

 

The next day, Chanyeol strolled into class as his usual chirpy self. Today though, Chanyeol’s hair was dyed a dark shade of red, with his fringe styled up. Baekhyun thought he couldn’t look more handsome, and was gushing together with the other fangirls that Chanyeol had. Luhan could only stare at his best friend with a disapproving look.

Smiling brightly at his students, Chanyeol piped up, “Well, I have some news for everyone today. My internship at this school will be coming to an end next week.”

Students groaned from all corners of the classroom, with some of the girls even looking like they were going to bawl their eyes out at the news of his departure. Baekhyun knew, but still it hurt him to know. Luhan stole a glance at Baekhyun, and nudged at his best friend’s depressed state.

Baekhyun only looked up.

“Aww, look whose lover boy is going to leave. You poor puppy!” Luhan teased.

Narrowing his eyes at his friend, he jabbed Luhan in the ribs. “Ow!”

Chanyeol gestured for the class to quiet down before continuing, “I know you guys love me,” insert sounds of the guys puking (Minus Baekhyun, of course), “And I’ll miss you guys too.” He turned to Baekhyun, and winked.

He winked.

ASDFGHJKL.

While the class (mainly girls) were in utter chaos, Baekhyun was trying hard to not reel and poop rainbows, melting at the teacher’s gesture. He looked to Luhan and mouthed “I’m not okay” before making a cutting action at his throat. Luhan could only snicker as he watched his best friend slowly melt to goo.

With that announcement off his chest, Chanyeol carried on with lessons, leaving the students feeling a little empty on the inside. After all, Chanyeol was probably the most fun teacher they had. His lessons were never monotonous and were always filled with varied activities to help the students learn. The fact that Chanyeol was sort of a rebel in his style was also an added factor as to why he has a student population of fans.

And amongst all those students that feel a little empty on the inside, Baekhyun was one to feel like someone just did an excavation on his stomach.

 

 

“What do I do, lulu? I’m out of ideas!” Baekhyun grumbled through the speaker of his phone.

“What do you mean? Just write him a letter or something, I don’t know! I’m not the one who has an insanely manly crush on his teacher,” Luhan shrugged, tone teasing.

“You’re so helpful lulu,” Baekhyun remarked sarcastically.

“Well, maybe you should just write him another one of your poems. After all, that’s what he’ll remember you for, no?” Luhan suggested, hoping his best friend would quit being indecisive already.

Baekhyun sat up on his bed, and fiddled with his sheets. Then, an idea came to his mind.

“That’s it! Thanks sweet cheeks!” Baekhyun chirped.

“Don’t call me—” But Baekhyun hung up before Luhan could continue.

Baekhyun has been racking the back of his brains for some ideas on what to gift Chanyeol on his last day at the school. He knew for sure that there would be tons of Chanyeol fangirls that would give him gifts, and he wanted his to stand out, at least.

Baekhyun went over to his desk and got out his sketchbook and his pencil, and he started to draw Chanyeol.

That’s right, draw. Besides having a knack for writing, Baekhyun was also quite talented in the arts area. Whenever he had time, he’d sit at his desk and sketch a couple of good-looking celebrities or two. (Though, none as good-looking as Park Chanyeol.) His peers often praised his skills too so he was sure this route was quite a safe one.

Plus, Baekhyun has Chanyeol’s features memorized like the palm of his hand, from watching Chanyeol in school nearly everyday, his expression when he serious, or how his eye seems to twitch whenever he laughs with that deep, soothing voice of his. He didn’t want to come off as creepy, but Chanyeol was one interesting subject to look at. Eye candy for his soul.

His hands move nimbly across the paper, sketching out all his favourite parts of Chanyeol’s model-esque face. Unconsciously, he started to smile seeing the Chanyeol he knew come to life on his paper.

Senpai better notice me now.

 

 

Chanyeol’s last Friday in school soon came around, and students were bustling around the class, sharing with each other what they’ve gotten for the leaving intern. There were letters, boxes of chocolates, more letters… Is this valentine’s day?

Baekhyun shook his head. He was not really that different from those girls, starting to regret his decision.

Baekhyun clutched onto his hand-drawn gift, that was already framed and boxed for a more exquisite touch. Luhan looked over at Baekhyun’s gift with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

“So what did you get for your crush?” Luhan asked, teasingly.

“Luhan I swear— Nevermind,” Baekhyun shook his head. “I drew a portrait of him…”

Luhan gasped in disbelief.

“Byun Baekhyun! I’ve been asking for a portrait of myself for years! But you never drew me one! Since when is Park Chanyeol more important?”

Baekhyun was just about to retort, saying it was two different subjects at hand, but was interrupted by a deep voice, “Why am I more important?”

Luhan and Baekyun turned around and came face to face with the said teacher, whom, for some reason, was carrying a guitar casing today. Luhan immediately raised his hands and shook his head in denial.

“Chanyeol-ssi! N-nothing! We were talking about a singer named Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow in question, but did not probe further. “Well, this “Chanyeol” better be as good looking as me.” Chanyeol grinned and walked to his table, while the other students shuffled to their seats in in excited hushed whispers.

Luhan turned his attention back to Baekhyun, but found that Baekhyun’s soul has already left his body, so Luhan had to resort to shaking his best friend as hard as possible.

“He’s… really… h-hot.” Baekhyun managed to utter. Luhan rolled his eyes and pushed his friend backwards, leaving Baekhyun’s empty shell of a human to rot in his chair. “You’re hopeless.”

“Morning class! As you all are already aware, today’s my last day teaching in this school…” Chanyeol trailed off, feeling a little upset himself. He perked up after a few moments and continued, “So maybe we can skip the lesson today and do something chill?”

The class’s atmosphere was quiet for a few seconds, before a girl named Yoona broke the silence, “Chanyeol-ssi, can we ask you some questions?”

Chanyeol looked taken aback by surprise. “Me? Uh, sure. Ask away then!”

Hands shot up in the air faster than Chanyeol could finish.

Chanyeol nodded at one of the female students, and she was so excited you thought she might faint due to hyperventilation. “What’s your ideal type?”

At this, the class was whispering to each other again, and Baekhyun’s attention was caught.

Chanyeol hesitated for a moment, and answered, “Someone who’s honest, preferably shorter than me, adorable and similar in interests.” He shot a quick glance at Baekhyun, before turning away and taking another question from the class.

Baekhyun thought he was dreaming. “Did he just…?” he muttered to no one in particular. Luhan turned to him and nodded. Baekhyun’s eyes are going to roll into the back of his head.

“What are your interests then, Chanyeol-ssi?” another female student asked.

“Well, for starters I’m quite a fan of literature myself. I enjoy writing, though I write lyrics more often than anything. But hey, lyrics can be poetic too. I also play the guitar!” Chanyeol replied.

Baekhyun thought he'd just crushed harder, and it hurts. Guys and instruments to Baekhuyn is just asdfghjkl.

The students threw a lot of questions at him, ranging from what’s his favourite book to what underwear colour he was wearing today, as expected, from the class clown. Questions as such really made the room feel warmer because the tall teacher is true to his words and answers all of them truthfully.

“Can you play the guitar for us?” A student asked, gesturing to the guitar that was leaning against the teacher’s desk.

Chanyeol smiled, “I thought you’d never ask.” He picked up the guitar case and took out his guitar, before checking it’s tuning.

As Chanyeol started strumming out a tune from his guitar, Baekhyun noticed it was an acoustic cover of Creep by Radiohead. The students in the class dropped their jaws in awe when Chanyeol started singing.

Baekhyun thought his voice was not the greatest out there, but it’s so deep and smooth, that he thought it was just perfect for him to listen to. He could listen to his voice all day long.

When Chanyeol finished, the class showered him with a loud round of applause and the girls especially, swoon in awe at their teacher’s talent. Who would’ve thought the happy-go-lucky giant had that in him?

“Well, how’d did you guys find it?” Chanyeol beamed proudly.

Praises were thrown all around the classroom for the teacher’s mini performance, and Baekhyun can’t help but agree with their compliments and more. Chanyeol could sing, for god’s sake. That deep voice that he was oh-so-mesmerized about, actually belted out some really smooth tunes. And, oh god, Baekhyun never knew those fingers were so skillful. Who knew what else those fingers— Baekhyun! Get your head out of the gutter!

“Chanyeol-ssi! Actually, the class has some gifts for you,” Yoona said brightly, as the other students nodded at her words.

“Oh really? Wow, thank you. I… didn’t really prepare anything but that song…” Chanyeol said, looking down as the students start to move to the front of class to pass him the farewell gifts they’ve prepared.

“Your existence as our teacher is already a gift!” Yoona replied as she handed him her gift. Chanyeol smiled and muttered words of thanks to his students. Baekhyun clutched his in his hands, and if it weren’t for Luhan poking him in the ribs to move, he would’ve just sat there. Baekhyun was a little stiff sometimes.

“I—We’ll miss you, Chanyeol-ssi.” Baekhyun smiled, and handed over his portrait, already wrapped in a baby blue box. “Thanks Baekhyun, I’ll miss you too,” the teacher gave his famous would-be-creepy-if-it-weren’t-for-his-good-looks grin as he took the present over, brushing his hands almost intentionally against Baekhyun’s.

Baekhyun felt heat creep up his face. Damn it, this teacher is messing with my head even at his last day in the school. And which teenage boy blushes so much, get a grip Byun! Baekhyun reprimanded himself mentally as he settled back in his seat.

“Alright class, I guess this is it,” Chanyeol announced once everyone settled down. “I sure will miss you guys a lot. But as they say, ‘The pain of parting is nothing compared to the joy of meeting,’ I’m sure we’ll see each other some time down the road.”

“Just, don’t miss me too much?” Chanyeol chuckled. The students in the class groaned at the thick-skinned teacher, but at the same time, they all know they’re going to miss his lessons. This school could use more teachers like him. Smart, funny, entertaining, talented, suave, handsome, what more could ask for?

Chanyeol packed all his gifts as the students started to pack up too. “Well, nice meeting you guys.” Chanyeol said, and was about to pick up his guitar to leave but was stopped when Baekhyun found himself asking, “Chanyeol-ssi! Is there any way we can keep in contact with you? Like, through SNS?” Baekhyun slapped himself mentally, but he knew he’d regret if he didn’t try.

All the students were then curious to know too, to know that maybe there’s a way they could keep up with the life of this handsome man in front of them. Chanyeol let out a smirk, and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair, his touch lingering on his scalp, the feeling burned in Baekhyun’s memory bank.

“Well, if you guys can find it, good for you.” Chanyeol said before he waved a final goodbye.

Damn this mysterious giant.