Ch.1

EGOSYSTEM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He blinked. One time, and then two, and three…

 

Then his little petite figure shot up gaining up all of his consciousness together. His eyes landed automatically to the digital clock on the nightstand, grabbed it and looked carefully to number written on it. His face twisted, his forehead crinkled in a vague waves while his lips pursued to aside. He started to turn the digital clock from side to side, turned it upside down, shook it with a light shake, and… nothing change.

 

It said 9 o’clock in the morning, and he wondered why his mom didn’t bother to wake him up when usually she’d always banging on his door like a mad man every morning, force him out of the blanket by tickling on his sides or shot him with a water gun right on his face.

 

Is it weekend already?

 

He thought, scrunching his nose cutely. Even with the thick blanket, he always got his nose bunged up every time he wakes up; it was like something that he couldn’t avoid every morning. He then grabbed every corner of the summer blanket, put it around his narrow shoulders, before he hopped off the bed with it tailing behind.

 

“It’s Wednesday.” He muttered hoarsely, tracing the date on the calendar beside his study desk with his tiny white pale hand.

 

“Wednesday, 22th of May…” His hand stopped moving as something hit him.

 

Ah, I don’t have school today.

 

His already half lidded eyes fluttered shut lazily with a soft sigh that came out of his cute thick and rosy lips. His eyes then shifted to an envelope lying on his desk that said “Seoul International School.” How could he forget about that? Of course he didn’t have school. Yesterday was the last day before he had to move to another school at the other side of the town. Again.

 

He lazily let the blanket fell off his shoulders as he dragged his body with tiny steps to the glass window that still covered with the milky white curtain, the light radiated softly through the thin material. Cute fingers clutched the rather rough fabric before pulled those aside to welcome the shiny day outside. Despite how good the whether was, he found himself frowning as he traced the glass with the tip of his finger.

 

For his really young age, he found himself thinking too much than he should, he had to deal with lots of thing in life how to survive the outside world with everything he was. Moving from one school to another, meeting new people every time, he always found it hard to blend with whatever on display. He knew that everything will just turn out the same way as before and he gave up trying, he was just not suit enough.

 

His parents didn’t mind to move him to another school if that means his dearest son will finally has a normal school life as a child. His family was fortunately wealthy enough to do that.

 

When the door lightly clicked, he didn’t bother to turn to look whose just came into his room and just waited until the soft step came to stop. He simply gasped when the other boy spun him around and crushed his nose to his chest in a body-crushing hug. The taller boy patted him on his back like a daddy trying to comfort his son.

 

“Why so gloomy, Kyungsoo? I heard from dad that our new school is super cool!” The boy beamed brightly, showing off the white pearl teeth of his.

 

“I hate changing school, you know that, Chanyeol.” The shorter whined and unconsciously snuggled closer to the brunette haired boy.

 

“It’d be alright, Kyungsoo. You have me!” Kyungsoo pushed himself a bit to look at Chanyeol beaming cutely with those big ears sprang from each side of his head, actually giving a warm feeling to the shorter from the care. It worked just like magic when suddenly a smile grew on Kyungsoo’s face, making his big doe eyes turned to crescent, and the chubby cheeks were up to his eyes; a very adorable sight for anyone who sees it.

 

And it’s just like the other time that Kyungsoo would believe to the taller one’s words and actually hoping that this time would be finally the last time he would change school and everyone in his new school would accept him alright. Although in the end everything would turn out just the same, he always had a thought that Chanyeol would still be there to stay by his side and won’t leave like the other.

 

Chanyeol was the most precious person he had beside his parents. Someone that would always be there by Kyungsoo’s side even if it rains or storms. Someone delicate and pure. He always gave his care, love and protection to the more vulnerable one, which was Kyungsoo in this case. Despite how silly and childish Chanyeol seemed like most of the time, he always tried his best to protect Kyungsoo—his not blood related younger brother—stepbrother.

 

Chanyeol was actually a son of Kyungsoo’s parents’ close friends. But Chanyeol’s existence wasn’t desired, they considered Chanyeol as an accident and none of them wanted to take responsibility. As good friends they were, they thought that throwing your child away with an abortion is not the right way to solve things. So they said that they’ll take the baby with them and they’ll gladly rise the baby. They’re more willing to rise the baby, instead of seeing him die just because some reckless deeds of their friends’. And after the baby had become officially theirs, then they decided to have a baby of their own and giving Chanyeol a brother and a friend altogether.

 

And that’s how Chanyeol came into the picture.

 

Monday came faster than Kyungsoo expected. It’d be his first day studying in his new school together with Chanyeol. It’d be another introduction-in-front-of-the-class all over again. Even though he always had the same class with Chanyeol every time, he’s still scared, deeply in the back of his head he wanted to run out of the class and quickly go home so he could snuggle under the blanket with his favorite Pororo doll. But it never happened as the words slowly came out off his rosy lips.

 

“Do Kyungsoo, 9 years old. Please take care of me.” That was the only time he actually faced the front before he’s back facing his branded shoes his parent gave him for his birthday in January.

 

For some reasons he ducked his head even further inside whenever Chanyeol’s going to introduce himself to the class. He even moistened his lips nervously and waited for the high-pitched voice that had to come.

 

“Hey everyone! My name is Park Chanyeol! I’m 9 years old just like my brother, Kyungsoo! Please take care of us!” He could felt his heart jerked in his chest whenever Chanyeol’s shrilling voice came into his hearing, he clutched the bag’s stripes harder and he started to move uncomfortably.

 

He always wanted to introduce himself like that, all smiley and energetic like a kid should be. Chanyeol used to encourage him to do it the same way he did. The two of them used to spent the whole night standing in front of a mirror and pretending to introduce themselves in front of the class. Kyungsoo was all smiled throughout the practice session. He actually looked forward to how it’d turn out in reality.

 

Will they finally look at me differently than before? Will those people actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter