Chapter Four

Lyrics

Luhan….

 

On the following day, the EXO members were called into the practice room to listen to their comeback title track. None of them had been informed of the concept they had to undertake so it was a bit nerve racking to some. If Luhan was being honest, he along with some other members found the superpowers and alien concept a bit…...ridiculous. But their next title track can’t be more ridiculous right? Right…?

 

Wrong. Entering the practice room, the members caught glimpse of the words ‘Wolf Concept’ written on the board and the members all silently pleaded that it was not as they thought. But, as the managers pressed play on the laptop, their hopes were shattered from the first five seconds. Maybe it was the howl that gave it away or the ‘I’ll put you in my mouth like cheese’ but they all knew to expect the worst and to hold tight onto their dignity. After the song finished, the members were a little……..shocked, you could say. The managers all took their phones in and uploaded to song onto it, for practice and handed out the lyric sheets for both Mandarin and Korean. Luhan stared at the sheet blankly. Are they serious? Wolf concept? Luhan was debating on whether or not he should storm down to Jung Woobins office and demand a new song.

 

Unlike their debut planning, the day they were told of their song, was the day when practices trippled and they all began learning the first few steps of the song. The managers first left them with the vocal coaches and after a couple hours, they were taken into the practice room where they were taught how to perform the ‘Tree Of Life’. The tree of life was a bit hard to form at first, with them having tall and short members. Luhan vividly remembers Sehun tripping over a pair of feet and falling forwards causing the members to fall on top of each other like dominoes. It was thankful to say, that the choreographers were only teaching them that much on the first day.

 

After the gruelling dance and vocal practices, Luhan was called by a couple managers to perform a job. “Luhan-ah.”

 

“Yes, hyung?”

 

“You know Gold right?” The answer was so obvious that Luhan let his face speak for himself. “Good, because we were wondering if you would like to become Golds let’s say….delievery man.”

 

Huh? “What do you mean? Like…...I get to go and drop off packages to his hidden office?”

 

The manager shrugged, “Yeah like, you won’t get to meet him, but you will get to have a look inside his studio and you know maybe you two could start like a pen-pal or something?”

 

They very well could, it was possible. But what if Gold wasn't interested? Would he rather get broken or never know what would have happened? Screw logic, he thought. He made up his mind, because he was afterall a fan and Gold was his idol.“Hyung.”

 

“Yeah?” The manager looked expectant and even had the nerve to smirk.

 

Luhan grinned and shook his hand, “I’m in.”

 

. . .

 

That night at the dorms, Luhan secretly took some of Taos special writing kit (the one with all the fancy pens and paper) and sat in his room with only his desk-light open. He took the pen and began to write his letter.

 

Dear Gold-sunbaenim, this is Luhan from EXO ^_^

I hope you know me, because I know you (that sounds creepy doesn’t it?)

Manager-hyung has assigned me to become your personal delivery man, although I won’t get to meet you TT_TT

I hope you don’t mind my letter, consider it…...a fanmail of sorts ㅋㅋㅋ

I always tune into your radio station and although it may not be you speaking I’ve always been interested in the topics covered. You don’t just talk about Seoul or songwriting, but you also give interesting opinions on current affairs and I find that really admirable.

One day I hope I will get to host a radio show like yours! ㅋㅋㅋ

I’m also really curious about how you come up with ideas for the songs. You can call me your #1 fanboy ㅋㅋㅋ Honestly!

Anyway, I hope this doesn’t sound creepy but I hope we can somehow become friends~

How have you been doing? I heard that you got half of the tracks on the album to yourself…..Fighting sunbaenim!

 

Thank you, and goodbye sunbaenim!

PS. I don’t know what to call you………. TT_TT

 

. . .

 

The following day, while the other members were getting ready for practice, the manager handed Luhan some packages to deliver. On top of them, Luhans letter seated in the brown letter packaging with Gold written neatly on top of it. The manager showed Luhan a map onto how to get to Golds studio and somehow Luhan felt a bit excited inside, like he was an agent being trusted with important information (let the man dream). He contained the urge to stamp his feet like a little kid. Before he dashed off to Golds studio the manager told him, “Don’t touch unnecessary things, there is CCTV installed.” Oh of course there has to be. Luhan gritted his teeth and marched down with the packages in hand.

 

Golds office wasn’t really different from the outside but when Luhan slipped in the key card, he realized that inside was much different. It seemed like a normal studio but at the same time it didn’t. It seemed deserted at the time, but there were multiple sheets of paper scrunched up tossed around the room. Luhan caught a word on top of a piece of paper that said ‘Peter Pan’. He figured that it must be an idea for a song.

 

He set the packages down on the table and beside them, he placed his letter, ready for Gold to read it. Luhan felt giddy and excited in the inside and soon exited the door, with a smile stretching from his ears at the thought of senpai noticing him (he'd never admit that of course, he was after all manly).

 

Minseok/Gold…..

 

Minseok was starting to get a bit frustrated. He has five songs that he needs to write soon yet somehow the ideas just weren’t flowing to him. What was there to write about? Minseok had absolutely nothing different going on in his life right now. This was EXOs first full length album, and he did not want to disappoint the group with half-decent songs, he had a reputation to uphold. Plus, he was somehow...fond of EXO.

 

But there was one thing that Minseok could write about. It was the blonde EXO member, Luhan. Seeing him through three different identites, is….interesting. When he came to his studio earlier with his packages neatly alligned on the table with a letter set beside it, he was a bit surprised. He was told of course, that he would be receiving a delievery man for his pacakges and things, but he was not told that idols, more specifically, Luhan, would write to him. He could make use of this...pen-pal feature.

 

With his feet resting on the table in front of him and a donut in his mouth, Minseok read the letter the younger sent to him. If he was being honest, he was the one who sent the order for Luhan to become his delivery boy. He was starting to become a bit more….attached to the younger. Maybe it was the way Luhan joekd around with him, or was it the way Luhan gets embarrased at being near Xiumin? Whatever it was, Minseok was being pulled deeper into Luhan and finding it harder to concentrate around him.

 

He surely hopes that this feeling isn’t called ‘love’. You can't trust love, he thinks bitterly. The m

 

(On his way out, he leaves a post it note on a notebook, ready for Luhan)

.

***

 

The next time Luhan is sent out to deliever and pick up packages from Golds office, there’s a leather notebook waiting for him next to his opened letter. The post it on it says:

 

Hi Luhan-ah~ Hmmmmm you could say I know you also ㅋㅋㅋ

I never knew I had a fanboy! Much less an EXO member!

Thank you for tuning into my radio~ I guess…...you could say I have an interesting way of thinking.

I wish we could be friends also Luhan-ah, although we will never meet ㅋㅋㅋ

This is my notebook which I wrote old song lyrics and ideas~ If you want it, just take it! ^^

I don’t need it back, I use a different notebook.

Hmmmmm………..Shall I give you a clue on possibly one of EXOs future songs?

    XOXO

Haha, that’s all I’m giving ^^

XOXO, Gold~

PS. Just call me…………...Seok! Or Seok-ah. Or Seok-yah. Or whatever mix~ My friend Xingxing (Silver~ haha don’t tell him I called him that) calls me Seok sometimes~ Oh don’t call me hyung or sunbaenim, I’m barely a month older than you! TT_TT

 

Luhan thinks his fanboy heart just died a little as he collapsed onto his knees clutching the personally handwritten letter to his chest. Before leaving the room, he writes a quick reply on a box for Gold.

 

This could be the start of a very beautiful relationship.

 

(He overlooks the fact that the handwriting looks very familiar.)

 

***

 

This note exchange happens for a while with notes that causes Luhan to become more curious such as:

 

I can tell you that I have brown eyes~ ㅋㅋㅋ I’m quiet short though TT_TT Shorter than you. XOXO, Seokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

 

And his reply:

 

What are your hobbies? I like playing soccer and going to cafes with cute guys ;) I would take you, but Seok-ah, I can’t.

 

(That one was a little bit risky, but his mind was quiet……..weird during that time)

 

But Golds reply was a little bit more risky.

 

Whyyyyyy am I not cute enough for you? ㅋㅋㅋ just kidding~ I like soccer and coffee also~ In fact, I go to a cafe almost everyday (oops) XOXO, Seok! Seok! Seok! ㅋㅋㅋ

 

That last post it note left Luhans mind quiet dizzy. Does that mean that he could possibly have seen Seok before? Was he that old man he didn’t open the door for? Oh wait, he’s only a month older and shorter than him. He’s a male, he knows that. Then what about that young man he didn’t help carry his books in the SM building? Luhan pales at the thought of treating his idol wrongly. He silently makes a pledge to be nice to every man he suspects of being Seok. Luhan gets a little more curiouser about his identity.

 

EVERYDAY? Wow……..does that mean I could have met you before??? It’s nice talking to you, no matter how long it takes. Dance practice and vocal practice is taking its toll on me right now. For some reason I can’t perfect the pre-chorus dance TT_TT

 

Don’t worry Xiao Lu! I’ll be cheering you on~ Fighting, fighting, fighting! Sometimes this feels like a long distance relationship (Luhans heart skips a beat), so how about this? My phone number is XXX XXXX XXXX, why don’t we text? If you call me, I’ll voicemail-zone you~ And I wo't even let you hear my own voice, just the woman's voice. Use my number wisely. Codeword so that I know it’s you is: Seok is handsome. Hehe. XOXO, text me~

 

On those nights that he couldn't sleep, Luhan would take out the pile of post it notes and letters between him and Seok and would sigh contentedly.

 

That was incredibly risky, but nonetheless satisfied Luhan. This was their biggest step they took together. Wiping the sweat off his forehead, Luhan entered in the number on his phone and texted: Seok is handsome.

 

A reply came almost instantly, Why thank you.

 

Luhan laughed as he drowned his water bottle, Seok was his remedy, a pain reliever. Yet he couldn’t help think about Minseok and Xiumin. He hadn't visited Minseok due to comeback preparations and Xiumin......well he assumed that Xiumin was too busy to call or text him (he didn't want to seem desparate, spare him).

 

***

 

Yixing entered Golds studio and sat across Minseok who was currently engrossed in writing song lyrics. He pulled the notebook towards him to grab the attention of Minseok. Minseok kept his head bowed and eyes downcast. He seemed to afraid to face Yixing.

 

“Don’t you think you’re taking this Luhan thing too far?”

 

Minseok stared at him with sad eyes, “I can’t just let go now Xing.”

 

For once, he wanted to be selfish.

 
A/N I promised five chapters but only got to write four TT_TT
Sorry for this long hiatus, too many things happened and my files kept getting deleted and ugh so many things.
Comments are appreciated!