Doodles In My Journal

Movie Dates and Popcorn Kisses

        “So, when is he gonna ask you out?” Donghae jumped and looked over at his friend Sunny. “You keep doodling ‘haehyuk’ all over your notebook. Has he already asked you out or are you still waiting?” Donghae turned pink and shut his book. “Why do you keep peeking over my shoulder, eh? Shouldn’t you be studying?!?!” Sunny sat on Donghae’s desk and raised an eyebrow at him.

“For your information, I don’t look over your shoulder when you’re writing…. I steal your notebook and read it!!” With that, she snatched his book and began running around the classroom. Donghae yelped and immediately chased after her. “Come on, turtle! Before I start reading it out loud!” Sunny kept dodging Donghae and began to laugh. “Not fair!! Chipmunks like you only put things in their mouth and never give it back!”

Sunny laughed even harder at Donghae’s silly remark, causing her eyes to disappear. “For your information, only squirrels stuff their cheeks. Cute chipmunks like me only tease their friends.” She opened Donghae’s journal and acted like she was reading from it. “Oh my dear Hyuk is so~ dreamy and sweet to me~ I wanna marry him someday.~” Donghae whined and plopped down on one of the chairs. “That’s not written in there… you’re being so mean to me.” Sunny walked over to her friend and dropped the notebook into his lap. “Oh come on, I’m just messing. Besides, there’s no one else here to enjoy my wonderful reading voice!”

Donghae let out a little smile and opened his notebook up again. He and Sunny had been friends almost their entire lives. Their moms were friends from college and always hoped that the two would get married. When Sunny came out as a lesbian, it only made her friendship with Donghae stronger. “Two gay babies gotta stick together!” She said, holding her pinky out for Donghae to form a pact. “Gay baby friends forever!!”

“He’s a really sweet guy, Sunny. I wish you could meet him.” She ruffled Donghae’s hair and sat across from him. “So, why hasn’t he asked you out yet? Is he too chicken?” She formed a fist and punched her palm. “I can beat some courage into him!” He laughed and began to blush again. “It’s not that… I’m just not sure he likes me.”

Sunny gave Donghae a deadpan look. “Oh come on, don’t look at me like that!! He’s so much more mature than me. I don’t know if I'm his type.” Sunny pursed her lips and took out Donghae’s phone. “Then why is your background a picture of him, posing with a strawberry milk carton?” He yelped and snatched her phone back. “How did you get my phone!?!” She narrowed her eyes. “You didn’t answer my question!” Donghae groaned and leaned back in his chair. “I don’t know, Sunny… I guess I’m just waiting for the right time? We’re just waiting? I don’t know.” He plopped his head down on the desk and groaned.

Sunny sighed and rubbed his back. “You’ll be okay. Just try to let him know that you’re interested! That way you two can go on double dates with me and Jieun!” As if on cue, Jieun walked in. “Oh sweetheart~ We’re gonna be late for lunch.” Sunny looked over and her face brightened at the site of her beautiful girlfriend. “I gotta go, loser. I’ll meet you after school!” She ruffled his hair again and practically bounced over to smother kisses over Jieun’s peach shaped face.

Donghae looked up at his friend before putting his head back down. ‘Hyukjae…. Why can’t you just ask me out already?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyukjae laid out on his floor and checked his phone for the fifteenth time. For some reason, Donghae refused to answer him. Had he said something wrong? “Choco, what could it be? Maybe he’s sick?” Choco looked over at Hyukjae. She was sleeping on his chest and only sighed in reply. “Ugh….” He put his phone on his face just when it rang. Donghae was calling.

“Hey!” He exclaimed. He sat up quickly, causing Choco to jump up and whine at him.  “What’s up, you? Are you okay? You haven’t been answering my text messages!” Hyukjae didn’t want to sound desperate but he had missed hearing from Donghae all day. “I’m sorry, I had so many exams today, I just didn’t have time to answer. Do you wanna go for a walk in a little bit?” Hyukjae felt like his gummy smile would block out the sun. “Yeah! That sounds great! Same park as always?” Donghae gave a confirming grunt before telling Hyukjae he was going to let his phone charge for a bit.

After Donghae hung up, Hyukjae laid back down. “I’m sorry, Choco… I just really like this kid.” He gazed up at his ceiling and sighed contently. “Yeah…. I really like this kid.”

a/n Sunny and IU are cute lesbian girlfriends and no one can convince me otherwise!! Also I'll be posting another chapter in a bit. I'm gonna try to make it at least 1000 words to make up for not posting so much before. please continue to love and comment and subscribe to this fic!!! - Naty.