O Waiter, my Waiter!

Movie Dates and Popcorn Kisses

     Hyukjae spent the next day laying on his bed, thinking about the strange man he had met. ‘Who goes sits and cries over an animal death in a movie?’ In that moment, Choco decided to make sure her house-mate was still alive and started whining. Hyukjae looked over at her and sat. “Now that I think about it, Choco… I’d be pretty sad if I lost you. I think I can understand why that weirdo would be crying over something like that.” He stretched and walked over to his living room. His wall clock indicated that it was only 5pm. “What do you say we stop being lazy and go for a nice walk together?”

     ‘Who are you calling lazy?’ Choco asked with a head tilt. Hyukjae laughed and shuffled over to where Choco’s leash was, when a knock came on his door. He furrowed his eyebrows and opened the door, only to be tackled to the ground by someone in a heavy leather jacket. “Hey, stupid! Who do you think you are?!”

      “Who do you think YOU are, calling your hyung stupid?” Purred out the sickeningly sweet voice. Hyukjae groaned and looked at the face that belonged to the voice. “Heechul? You’re back from China so soon?” Heechul scoffed and propped himself up on one elbow. “That’s all you have to say? And to think I came home early because I thought my precious Hyukkie was missing his beloved hyung!”

     “Heechul… would you please let the poor boy up and tell him the real reason we came home early?” Hyukjae looked up and saw his cousin leaning against the door frame. “Hangeng!” The handsome man smiled down at his favorite younger cousin and helped him to his feet. “It’s really good to see you too, Hyukjae. We cut the trip short because Mr. Diva over here got us kicked out of our hotel.” Heechul crossed his legs and daintily put his hands over his knees like the prince he was, “I was only defending my sweetheart’s honor. How could you expect me to stay in that cheap hotel with someone who was ogling you?!”   Hangeng laughed and shook his head at Heechul. “The Langham Xintiandi is hardly a cheap hotel, Chullie. Besides, how could I care about some silly bellboy when I have the most beautiful creature in the world on my arm?”

     Hyukjae cleared his throat to burst the little bubble that was forming and to remind his two unexpected guests that he and Choco were still there. “Well, since we were rude and didn’t call first, how about we treat you to dinner!” Hyukjae smiled and decided to take his cousin up on the offer. After making sure to leave the lights on for Choco, they were off to find the closest pojangmacha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       The couple huddled together on a bench as they told Hyukjae of their crazy adventures in Shanghai. Hyukjae smiled as his cousin lovingly gazed over at Heechul. For him, the pair had always been a permanent staple in his life. Hyukjae couldn’t recall a time before the two started being a couple. His very definition of love was Hangeng and Heechul. Since they were young, the three of them had been close. Due to the fact that they loved watching American wrestling as teenagers, they called themselves “Triple H.”

            Heechul and Hangeng were also the reason why Hyukjae had come to terms with the fact that he was biual. Oh sure, he had his slew of girlfriends as a rambunctious boy, but he also had more than a few boyfriends. Seeing them so happy together made him realize that it was alright to fall in love with anyone. He smiled at the small moment of nostalgia and didn’t notice when Heechul called over the boy running the food stand.

            “Hey you! Three bottles of Soju and a lot of bulgogi!! We’re celebrating tonight!” Hyukjae blinked and came back to the conversation. “Celebrating…? But it was just the end of a vacation for you two!” Heechul looked at him pointedly before turning to Hangeng. “Did your cousin seriously not hear me tell him the good news or is he just playing stupid?” Hangeng patted Heechul’s cheek, “I’m sure he was just playing around.” he turned his attention back to Hyukjae. “Right, Hyukjae? You heard Heechul explain that we just bought our first apartment in Seoul?”

            Hyukjae choked on air and reached over to hug them both. “This is such great news! I am so happy for you both!” The boy came over with their orders. “Okay, here are your bottles of soju and bulg-“ he stopped speaking. Hyukjae looked up to see what had happened when his eyes went wide. There staring back at him, were two large brown orbs that had been filled to the brim with tears the night before. The innocent face looked down at Hyukjae with complete bewilderment.

“You!” “You!?” 

 

a/n i seriously feel like i get too wordy and junk idk i'm an essayist not someone who write narratives laaaaa please continue to read diligently and await my updates!!! - Naty