Another Year , Another Christmas

Last Christmas

 

 

"Tell me baby, do you recognize me? "

"Well it's been a year it doesn't surprise me."

 


 

Woohyun was never someone who would be unnoticed, since his days back in school people liked or even loved him. He was the typical high school and university crush of all young girls and even a few guys fell for him back then but how could it be different even though Woohyun had this status of being nearly a celebrity in school he rejected each and every confession he got. The reason as to why was because he was someone who truly believed in love and was convince that he would find his real love someday.

As he was 18 years old he fall in love for the first time in his life and he thought he was the happiest person alive as she accepted his love confession only months after they first met, he had thought she liked him as much as he did, but the reality was that she only liked to have some of his popularity. The worst about it was that while Woohyun was head over heels for the girl his age with the name Park Minji, she was nowhere even thinking of being loyal. She only took advantage of the helplessly in love teenager and Woohyun didn't even notice and he would had never did if she hadn't spill her secrets.

 

Woohyun was 22 as he proposed to her in the most romantic way you would even imagine he also had saved a few of his wages to buy her an impressive ring but the ending of the day wasn't really how Woohyun had imagine in to be, he got rejected in a really shamelessly, blunt and hurting way and ever since then he disliked Christmas and on top of it he had been single for almost two years now.

He was simply not willing anymore to open his heart for another cruel woman who would betray him and then leave him with a broken heart. Of course Woohyun did something to meet some new people he even went on a few blind dates; just for the shake of his best friend so he would finally shut up and leave him alone.

But Woohyun never liked anyone he had meet, they just weren't right for him, he didn't really believed at the term of 'love at first sight' but he had a feeling if he would meet his soul mate he would feel it.

If he is right or wrong, he must figure it out by himself but anyway one good side to be single is that you concentrate only on your job and Woohyun had certainly did it. He was working at a big magazine and was in charge of edit and design of text and the magazine pages itself, to put it in simple terms he was implored as a graphic designer. He really loved his work from the bottom of his heart since it was something he liked to do, he would even meet a lot of people especially photographs since he was in change of the whole design which means of course the pictures too.

Sometime he even has meetings with clients together with photographs but he can't remember all of them because he had meet so many by now. And since his not so lovely break-up with his '' so his best friend, he only worked and eventually got promoted to the Head of the Design Department which got him a lot more money each month and a lot more social contact.

And since social contact is one of the most important things in the news industry he celebrated his last Christmas together with people from his company, photographs, clients and potential customers. But this year would be different, it was Sunday and a lot to early for his mother to actually call Woohyun but she still did .

He groaned loudly and glanced at his alarm clock which read 7 a.m and Woohyun felt like killing the person who dared to wake him this early in the morning he had a look at his caller ID and recognized the picture of his mother on it. He picked the call up and greeted his mother lazily but in the end their 'conversation' was more of an seeming endless monolog of his mother about how wonderful this years Christmas Eve was going to be since they were invited as a family by a man by the name of Mr. Kim, but seriously this didn't really help Woohyun to figure out who had invited their whole family to the event of the year since only God knows who many people had the last name 'Kim'. After quite some time of his mother trying to convince his to come along since 'It's going to be such a fun and you know a lot of people maybe you meet some of them there!' so his mother, he eventually agreed to show up at the party to please her and she surely was.

 

She wasn't very found of the fact that her youngest son, her little baby was still with a broken heart because of some girl who didn't even deserved him. So she made a plan together with Mr. Kim and of course she knew the man's first name too but she didn't want to tell her son because if she had he would have recognized his name immediately.

Mr. Kim or better Kim Sungho was a big man in the world of magazines and newspapers he had two children one was his daughter, Eunho who was a very famous writer for various fashion magazines and blogs and his younger son, Sunggyu was a talented photograph who had even worked together with Woohyun last year around Christmas.

Woohyun's mother was a good friend of Sungho and they wanted to introduce their children to each other and best hook them up, Mrs Nam was really found of Eunho and really hoped her son would like her as much as she did, of course Sunggyu, who was two years older then Woohyun, was such a great young man too and if he would have been a girl Mrs Nam introduced them a lot early but yeah he certainly wasn't but still Woohyuns mother wanted her son to be finally happy again and Christmas Eve should be the beginning of something new, so at least was the plan.

 

 

 

The time flew by in an blink of an eye and the day or more particular the evening Woohyun was feared of the most had come around. Today was Christmas Eve which meant he would  meet his parents and his older brother somewhere at the Golden Hall to 'have a great time' but in reality Woohyun felt more like lying around in bed, eating some crisps and watching some horror movie instead of trying to find someone to talk to. But family comes first ,right?

So although his mood wasn't exactly the best and not really one to go to a party he still dressed up nicely and took a taxi to his more or less desired destination. As he reach the building he send a short prayer to God in hope he would help him to at least find someone nice to spent a few hours with until his mother was satisfied and he could go home and watch his horror movies.

He paid the taxi driver and walked to his family which he had spotted a while ago, he waved shortly so they would noticed them and they did, only seconds later he found himself in a bone-crushing hug of his mother.

"Merry Christmas my baby! How are you daring? You look soo handsome! We have such a good-looking boy."

"Merry Christmas to you too mum but I'm not 12 anymore you are kind of embarrassing."- Woohyun sad lightly pouting and heard his fathers laughing next to him.

"Aigoo already 24 and still pouting, what a boy we have."- He giggled and Woohyun wanted to go home, first thing they do it so pull him off.

"Yah can't you two stop already?! I thought we are here to uhm...have fun I guess?"- He asked and hoped they would just say yes and they would finally enter the party so he could go home early.

"Oh yes you are right mum dad let's go before we don't get our seats."- Boohyun, Woohyuns older brother ,said as he started to walk to the entrance.

Woohyun was relived at least they had seats so he could simply sit around drinking something instead of standing awkward in some corner. They showed their invitation cards to the security man who smiled after he had a look at the cards.

"So you are guest of Mr. Kim?"- He asked politely but still smiling form one ear to the other which Woohyun found extremely strange.

"Yes we are and that's my son Woohyun."- His mother answered the tall man while pointing to him what he found even stranger, why would she introduce him to a security man? Anyways they made their way into the hall and it was stunning, the whole hall was decorated with tons of baubles in colors of red, white, silver and gold, a gigantic Christmas tree was standing in the middle of it, decorated with thousands of white led-lights and tons of tinsel. Everywhere were Swarovski crystals hanging from the ceiling which gave the hall an even more beautiful and expensive look. Woohyun was honestly amazed by the look of the hall and now he knew why everyone wanted to attend this party so badly. The tables were at least as beautiful decorated and on every seat a menu for the day was laying and one look was enough to see the dinner would be the best they had ever eaten so far. Slowly Woohyun thought this evening turn out good after all. 

 

The first hour Woohyun was a good son and followed his mother everywhere she wanted him to go and he honestly has never met so many people in just one hour but he had forgotten most of the names within only seconds still he slowly had an idea as to why his mother wanted him so badly to go to the party- she wanted to set him up with some girl she knows.

After another long hour of awfully boring small talk Woohyun was finally allowed to go back to the table of his and an other family he didn't knew, as he reached the table a young man with dark purple short hair was sitting on his seat with his back facing him. Woohyun was confused at first but then decided to simply tap him to get his attention. The stranger immediately turned around and faced Woohyun for not even a second before he snapped his head back to the original position, which got Woohyun even more confused so he tapped him once again only to get the same reaction.

The heck is wrong with this guy?! This is my seat and he didn't even say hello to me.....What is wrong with him? Am I that boring or what?!- Woohyun though frustrated and touched the other one last time.

"Hey sorry to interrupt you since you don't even want to face me but the seat you are sitting on is already taken."- Woohyun bawl at the stranger infront of him.

"I-it i-is ...oh I'm...I'm sorry, I d-didn't know s-omebody was sitting h-here."- The stranger was stuttering and stud up immediately bowing and took a seat three chairs away from Woohyun.

"Thank you but no reason to sit this far away, don't you want to sit next to me so we can have a chat?"- Woohyun asked sincerely patting the empty seat next to him what lead the purple haired boy to blush a bit.

"O-okay If you d-don't mind."- He said slowly and took the seat next to the other.

"No need to be nervous, by the way I'm Woohyun."- Woohyun said grinning and tried to have a closer look at the stranger next  to him who happened to be really good-looking.

How can I not be nervous?! Tell me some easy way to stay cool if your long time crush is sitting next to you!- The stranger thought right before the lifted his head a bit to answer the other.

"I'm S-Sunggyu nice to meet you."

"What a beautiful name."- Woohyun thought out loud and Sunggyu simply couldn't help but to blush by it. He faced his lap immediately in the hope the other wouldn't notice how red his face was.

"W-What?"

"Oh I'm sorry I said that out loud right?"- Woohyun asked awkwardly scratching his neck and Sunggyu only nodded.

A short silence developed but Woohyun wasn't very found of the awkward atmosphere so he cleared his throat and started with some small talk, small talk is never wrong and he really liked the boy next to him even he didn't know why.

"So Sunggyu-ssi were are you working at?"

"Y-you can drop t-the 'ssi' and I'm n-not really employed I'm a p-photograph m-mostly for fashion shoots."- He explained and a small smile found his way on his lips which Woohyun though of as utterly cute, he like the smile of the other male.

"Okay~ Really? I'm in the fashion branch too in some way, I'm the head of the Design Department of the Korean Vogue."

I know you are, we have worked together and even celebrated Christmas last year, you don't recognize me don''t you, well it's been a year it doesn't surprise me. Maybe you didn't notice me from the beginning.

"R-really?"- Sunggyu lied and started to play with his knife, he didn't want to think about the fact that the young designer he had been crushing on ever since they first worked together doesn't even remember him. He even was at the same Christmas party! Of course he had to talk to a lot of people on that evening but he had a chat with Sunggyu too how can he not recognize him?!

Sunggyu was signing hard which got Woohyun's attention again.

"Is everything okay Sunggyu are you bored? Do you wanna have something to drink?"- Woohyun offered with a warming smile which nearly melt Sunggyu on the spot, he nodded lightly and shot Woohyun a smile who immediately left to get them some drinks with a happy expression.

 

As Woohyun was away Sunggyu thought about the past how did he met Woohyun again? Ah right, it was his first time to make a photoshoot for the famous fashion magazine Vogue and he was surely nervous and it didn't get better as he heard someone of the Design Department would come to have a look at his work.

Sunggyu was busy advising the models to take different poses to get the best pictures of them as even possible to please the man he heard of to be really fussy if it came to pictures. Sunggyu was so engrossed into capturing the emotion of his beautiful clothed models that he forget everything around him and just did what he loved after quite some time he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around to face the new person on the set he bowed shortly before he continued his work after he was satisfied he put his camera on a desk and look trough the pictures with a proud smile on his face he was sure the guy whose name he had already forgotten will like them and again he felt someone was touching him so he turned around and saw a incredibly good-looking man standing next to him with a sweet smile on his lips dressed in a neat black outfit to say Sunggyu was stunned by the appearance of the other would be an understatement. In the heat of the moment the grabbed the wrist of the man and pulled him to the set to take a few pictures with him since he must have been late for the photo shoot and you have to pay models even if they didn't do a single thing.

After a few pictures Sunggyu stund up again and showed the pictures to the young man with a smile worth a million suns.

"They turned out great! The magazine will be great with the pictures of you in it!"- Sunggyu nearly glowed because he was so happy to be able to take photos of such a handsome guy, indeed the young man infront of him had unmistakable features such as his sharp jarline , his plump cherry lips and his pointy nose.

"Uhm thank you very much but uhm how should I put this ...I'm Nam Woohyun Head of the Design Department of the Korean Vouge."- He said grinning lazily and Sunggyu wanted to dig a hole so damn much to just jump in and never come out again.

"R-really? I'm s-sorry."- Sunggyu said blushing and showed him the pictures he had taken of the actually models and Woohyn as visibly pleased by them.

And from then on Sunggyu's eyes followed the young male everywhere he was going, he talked a few times with him and only a few words, smiles or gestures were enough for Sunggyu to fall for the handsome, friendly young man. He had the chance to work a few time together with the Vogue but he never worked with Woohyun again and he was sad about that but even happier as he receipt an invitation to their Christmas party which he must attend to even if he wouldn't want.

Sunggyu actually had a good time but the best moment was as he was spending some time with Woohyun and the latter was so sweet Sunggyu had a hard time not to blush every time he younger complemented him on something. Sunggyu sincerely hoped he could meet the other more often.

 

 

Woohyun came back with two glasses of red whine in his hands and handed one Sunggyu who looked up to him and smiled a loving smile and still had a slightly blush on his cheeks but this smile, something by his smile bothered Woohyun, it's like he had seen this man already but he can't remember.

They chatted a lot and eventually they became comfortable around each other and the moment Woohyun touched his shoulder and the older turned around and showed him an nearly blending smile it clicked.

"S-Sunggyu do we know each other by anyway?"- He asked slowly unsure if it was just his mind which was playing games with him or was it really that cute, clumsy photograph who had mistook him for a model, but he can't be the same one right? He photograph had light brown hair and was a a little bit of chubby cheeks but on the other hand his smile it is just the same, the smile he likes so much.

This simile he was sure it must be the same, why didn't it came to his mind mediately?! He must be the one and he must had been the sweet non-stop blushing red head from the Christmas party last year.

 

 

 



 

Okay it's like 2:21 in the morning but I wanted to update this so badly sorry that it took me so much time to write the first chapter but I was so not satisfied that I rewrite everything x,D

I hope you like it, I think it's a lot better than my first attempt OTL

Here as a sorry take some Infinite dancing and singing to 'Tell me' and 'Glee' ( I laughed so much I think even my neighbors heard me xDD lmao Hoya is just fantastic in this x,D and Woohyun is like a fairy absolutely happy with everything xD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIYJ01DSR8

(Word count approx. 3300 words)

//ps this story will have another chapter (obviously xD) but I'll try to uploaded on Christmas Eve the latest thanks for your attention and I love you guys for reading all that stuff I'm writing TT_TT