The Descent

Eternal Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There are only a few people in the world that Chunji would ever allow calling him ChanHee, his birth name and they are God himself and his parents. ChunJi and Chanhee are two separate people though. ChanHee was a human and Chunji is an angel. One form of appearance but two separate people completely. The life of a senior angel is never easy, there are piles of files which need to be reviewed and there is the matter of teaching the newer angels the ropes of actually being an angel. Being an angel isn't as glamorous as it may seem, it is full of long working days and nights without sleep, but then again, angels lack the ability to sleep. 

He stared at the pile infront of him which occupied majority of his desk. He would need to make a start on that pile before it grew any larger. Taking the first file, Chunji read the name printed in bold on the top of the page. 

"Yoo Changhyun. 23 at time of death. What did you do to yourself?" Chunji mumbled to himself as he read what basically is a resume. Just like any other job, to become an angel an interview process is taken to ensure that only the best of the best become an angel. But there is more to the process than just an interview, and that's what Chunji's job is. Being a senior angel, he gets the lucky task of being the recruiter, meaning he is the one who is given all the files of the recently deceased and researches the life they lived and how they died. And he does that to ensure that they are not already a demon or devil. 

Here's a thing, you can become a demon at any time of your life. Make a simple trade with the devil himself, and you become a demon but to become an angel, you have to die first. See where the issue lies? A demon could potentially become an angel, well that is unless Chunji gets to it first. 

A cool ability about being the recruiter is that ChunJi has the ability to view the past. If he needs to see what happened to the person 2 weeks ago, he has the ability to see through the fabric of time and space to that exact time frame. One of the most useful things being a recruiter. 

"Let's see how you died Yoo Changhyun," Chunji once again mumbled to himself. His section of heaven is extremely empty and gets rather lonely. 

Through his eyes, Chunji was about to see it all. 


A male, with a brown hair colour just slightly lighter than black walked past a florist. He wore ripped jeans, whether they were actually ripped from wear or just for the style is a question they more time viewing would be needed for. His hoodie, navy blue, had specks of mud on it. Just where had this boy been. 
"I'm sorry," he shouted as he grabbed a bouquet of flowers sitting in one of the outside buckets of the florist. 
He ran down the street, weaving through people making sure he didn't hit anyone in the process of doing so. 
"Mum, I've got flowers for you today,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter