ONE

HER SAVIOUR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air was so cold.

So was my body. Yet here I was, sitting in front of a bar, swallowing the sinful liquid, ignoring the invite of the few guys asking me to dance with them. I just wanted to drink to cure my numbed heart. Throwing my sanity away would be the best right now. I just wanted to forget everything, even just for tonight.

“Yah, Kim Hyuna!”

That voice. I expected it to come. But I never put the courage to acknowledge it as I continue to take another shot of my drink.

“You shouldn’t be here. Everyone is looking for you. The funeral will start later.”

Funeral.

Funeral.

Funeral.

That word – the one word that I dreaded not to hear tonight. But here it came, with that voice, rubbing the painful fact that I wanted to avoid on my face.

“One more shot.” I told the waiter as I finished another shot of my glass.

“Hyuna ah, do you even hear me? Stop drinking and get your out of here!”

And I finally acknowledged her presence beside me, looking at her face, tracing the mix emotions of pity and sadness with slight trace of her waivered down patience she felt towards me.

As she caught my face in her vision, complete silence surrounded us. The pity look on her face shows clearer than before as her eyes started to water. But the silence was interrupted when her phone started to ring. Breaking her stare on me, she looked at the caller id on her phone screen.

“I will just answer the call outside. Just sit and wait for me here.”

I made no attempt to answer what she told me as I just looked at her figure, getting smaller and smaller from my vision as she kept getting closer to the main entrance of the club.

As I was sitting alone again in front of the bar, I started to look around my surrounding. The night was still young. People kept coming in and out. The dance floor was filled by the people of my age, laughing, talking, smiling and happily danc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter