The Haughty Prince [Kyuhyun x OC]

Super Junior Drabbles

Once upon a time, there was this kingdom which was far far away. It was ruled by the Royal Cho family. In that family, there was teenaged son named Kyuhyun. Like many typical royal families, he was a little haughty prince indeed.

Since young, his parents have constantly pestering him about finding a princess to marry later on. They gave him a list of princesses in Korea and he just had to choose. If he did not choose, they set him up on dates without his consent. As you have guessed, he would be extra cocky during dates.

He didn't want no one.

He didn't want those princesses.

He wanted his princess.

Who exactly is this princess? Shouldn't she be on the list since she IS a princess? Well... No. Not exactly.

This princess comes with the name Soojin. She lives in the same kingdom. Thus, she is actually under the Royal Cho Family. She's just a normal commoner who helps around a lot. So, why her?

In fact, long ago, Kyuhyun had a normal commoner life. He had an older brother so he was pretty much ignored by his parents. He ran away from the castle itself and lived with his friend's grandma. This friend of his, Sungmin, is a family who travels around selling and barter trades with other kingdoms. Sungmin's grandmother is getting a little too old to follow along with their business so they decided to let her stay in the kingdom. "Grandma Lee" Kyuhyun called her.

They lived in a community full of families with children. Deeply contrasting to the castle, where barely children were found. Only the playful squeals of his own would be heard in the hallways. He gets shushed by his older brother who was busy studying.

Kyuhyun felt intimidated. He didn't know anyone there. Often he sat down alone in a corner playing with his toy car. Until one day, a little girl came by and sat beside him. She simply stared at Kyuhyun. He stared back cluelessly. They sat in silence. The girl leaned in and combed his fringe to the side and placed a white rose behind his ear. Kyuhyun looked at her with his big brown eyes in curiosity. The little girl's cheeks turned pink.

"Y-You... look.. pretty," giggled the girl shyly.

"..Really?.. Do you want to play with my toy car?" asked Kyuhyun.

"Eh?.. No.. I saw you sitting her alone.. That's why I came.."

"What's your name?" he asked again, but more softly.

"Soojin," the girl answered while smiling.

"..You have a pretty name.. it fits how pretty of a girl you are.." blushed Kyuhyun.

"Aniyo.. What's yours then?"

"Kyuhyun."

"Handsome name... for a handsome boy.."

Kyuhyun's face turned deep red. He stared at his hands speechlessly.

Soojin grabbed his hands. Kyuhyun flinched. He blinked a few times.

"Why are you quietly looking at your hands? Is there something there?" she questioned softly.

"..No... I.."

"Let me bring you to my mom! She can help!" exclaimed Soojin happily while intertwining their fingers before dragging Kyuhyun into her hut.

[>>>]

"Umma! I made a friend today! His name is Kyuhyunnie~ ..and umma! I think he has something on his hands.. He stared at it while we were talking.."

"Hi Soojin's umma... b-but.. no.. I.. don't.." stuttered Kyuhyun.

"Hello there adorable boy! Hmm... Soojin, why don't yoi play with KingKing in the garden while I help little Kyu here?"

Soojin quietly nodded and skipped off. Kyuhyun stared at her as she exited the hut. 

"So.. Little Kyu, what's the problem?" asked Soojin's umma as he offered a lollipop to him.

"..I don't.. know.."

"Is any part of your body hurting? Is your hands hurting?"

Kyuhyun shaked his head while opening the wrapper.

"Hmm.. I know what's wrong with you now~ Oh, Soojin.."

"W-What's wrong with me?..."

"You're in love, little boy."

"...Love? What's that?.."

"Do you see that flower you have behind your ear?" asked Soojin's umma as she held a small mirror in front of Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded. He tilted his head.

"That flower.. is Soojin's favourite. She never lets anyone touch it. Even her dad. I told her that if she meets anyone special, give them a white rose. What does it mean? It means a new beginning. Innocence. Purity. Love," she spoke as her eyes glittered.

"You looked at you hands cause simply, you were shy. Shy in front of Soojin. Now let me ask you, Kyuhyun. Do you like her?"

Like? That word... Grandma Lee told him about liking someone.. Is it true?.. 

"Yes Soojin Umma. I like Soojinnie.." he answered shyly.

Suddenly. A pair of small arms wrapped around Kyuhyun's body.

"..I-I... Like you too, KyuKyu!-" blushed Soojin.

 

The End.

of part 1.