Luhan's Christmas List

Of Christmas Lists and Courtship

 

In dire want to give himself some reward for all the misfortunes he had to endure throughout the year, Luhan has been saving all year for the upcoming Christmas. He even had a list of possible things he’d want for himself, most of them pointing at those gadgets (Sehun’s been bragging about his new iphone, okay) that just came out. But as he strolls around the store, occasionally tapping on his back pocket for his fat wallet, nothing makes him eager enough to want to buy them and have them slap in Sehun’s face first thing in the morning. So, with a crestfallen face, he leaves sourly and ends up at the café instead, brooding over this sudden disinterest with the whole self-gift-giving thing.

 

He blames it on Sehun (everything is blamed on Sehun, because Sehun also blames everything on Luhan, it’s only fair), the younger just wouldn’t stop talking so highly of his new phone that Luhan lost all interest once his eyes land on the variety of them. Probably. He takes out his list and stares at the succeeding possible gifts, adamantly scratching clothes next to kicks. Luhan did not starve himself to death just so he could buy new sets of clothes he’d wear God-knows-how-long-years after purchasing them. No, he did not. Under the clothes was a three letter word with a striking exclamation point at the end and Luhan briefly wonders why he even put it up. Maybe after ten years he’d get himself a sleek new car but for now, he scratches it and writes: Must buy a toy car!

 

“Clubhouse sandwich?”

 

The hesitation within the question pulled him out of the beginning signs of the new world he will be creating and immerse himself into until he finds the reasons why, regarding the mystery of his sudden disinterest with gifts, and finds himself nodding whilst looking up from his paper with curiosity slowly easing in his eyes as he takes more of the man in uniform before him. Jongin – his nametag reads – places the plate next to Luhan’s Americano with finesse and gives him one practiced small smile. Luhan his eyebrow.

 

“Say,” Jongin guy blinks. Luhan rests his chin on top of his palm. “What would you give yourself as a gift?”

 

“Excuse me?” The smile leaves his face.

 

Luhan regrets it momentarily but continues the sudden urge, hooking his right leg over the other under the table. “Present. Gift. Like a reward for yourself after a hard work.”

 

“Oh,” understanding dawns on him and colors his slightly darker than any milky skin. He holds the tray with both hands and rearranges his eyes away from Luhan’s. Luhan follows his every move. “I don’t know.”

 

“Is there anything you want, then? Something you’ve been craving to have?”

 

The spark of Christmas lights started at the small quirk of Jongin’s lips, stretching little by little until they reach the peak and exploded from all of its contained brightness baring Luhan what might be the most childish smile a grown up like him could have. Luhan gulped at the scene.

 

“Chicken!”

 

He sputters. “Chicken?”

 

Jongin nods enthusiastically, “I crave them every single time.” He pauses and glances at the paper crumpled in Luhan’s hand. “I don’t think I’d want a new car more than I’d want a bucket of fried chicken.”

 

He smiles again and Luhan straightens out from his seat, a ghost of amusement hovering over his lips. “That’s pretty interesting. I think I might’ve figured it all out, after all.”

 

Jongin widens his eyes. “Don’t tell me you’re going to give yourself a bucket of chicken.”

 

Luhan smiles, “I could try but I guarantee you it’s not the gift I want for myself.”

 

“Oh. Sorry,” the other colors once again. He gives his sideburn a scratch and sheepishly smiles at Luhan. “I think I’ve intruded enough. I’m sorry for wasting your time but please, do enjoy while you’re here, sir.” He bids Luhan with another practiced smile and turns on his heel.

 

“Wait,” Luhan calls out just as Jongin takes the first step away from him. He eyes the name tag once again and raises a mischievous eyebrow as he looks up. “Wouldn’t you want to know my name, Jongin-ssi?”

 

He laughs at the way of Jongin’s immediate frantic reaction to cover his name too late. The latter sighs and gives up, peering at Luhan through his fringe out of embarrassment. “What’s your name, sir?”

 

Luhan leans over the table, clasps his hands together and props his head on them. His smile diminishes into a small one, bordering shy and calm. “Luhan. My name’s Luhan.”

 

On his way out, he tosses his list in a waste bin and makes a mental note to write a new one, his new goal by Christmas in bold letters.

 

 

---

 

 

“Is there anything you like aside from chicken?” Luhan asks, immediately spotting Jongin’s tall figure heading over his table with his sandwich the very next day. He hadn’t seen the other when he showed up along the chimes of the wooden bells and made a very specific request upon ordering. He’s satisfied at the very best, if his broad smile wasn’t any indication yet.

 

Jongin places the plate next to Luhan’s half empty cappuccino and holds the tray with his left hand on his side. “I’m not really allowed to entertain questions not related to my work or our services. Sorry, my boss is here today, I was just lucky enough yesterday.”

 

“When do you clock out, then?”

 

Jongin frowns.

 

“So you can answer my first question.”

 

He sighs, glancing over his shoulder before returning to Luhan with his practiced smile. “Two more hours.” Then he’s gone back to his station after a small bow for a display of his respect.

 

Luhan spent the two hours ordering a milkshake and staring at Jongin whenever possible.

 

“Is there anything you like aside from chicken?” He repeats the moment Jongin takes the seat across him, wearing a black tee under his ed plaid and an obvious tint of pink on his cheeks.

 

“Somehow, this feels uncomfortable and those guys have been saying weird things since earlier.”

 

Luhan tears his gaze away from Jongin and easily catches teasing smiles and glinting eyes from the other staff trained on them. “Oh,” he breathes, feeling his lungs full of something other than air. He returns back to Jongin and smiles, “How about some burger?”

 

Jongin grins and Luhan coughs a little.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Yeah, c’mon.”

 

They exit the café wearing, unintentionally, same jackets that both of them noticed through the guy in the cash register and found themselves seated across from one another eight minutes later in the most isolated table McDonald’s could offer. It’s the exact same time neighboring schools calls it a day.

 

“I thought you figured it all out?” Jongin asks this time, unwrapping his food with more concentration. “What’s with the new questions?”

 

Luhan picks a fry and munches on it, he stares at Jongin not returning his stare with fascination. “Because you’re involved.”

 

Jongin successfully unwraps half of his burger and looks up at Luhan. “How am I involved?”

 

“Because I want you as a gift.”

 

Luhan grins. Jongin coughs.

 

 

---

 

 

“You told a guy you want him as a gift on your second meeting over junk food with kids all around you,” Sehun takes a deep breath, sending Luhan a sharp look upon opening his eyes. “What is wrong with you?!”

 

Luhan rolls his eyes. “Like you’re one to talk. Didn’t you harass Kyungsoo for a date?”

 

“At least, I know the guy,” the other emphasizes, pinching the bridge of his nose. Sehun flops himself down his bed and heaves out a deep exhale. “Do you even know how old he is?”

 

“He looks cute and loves chicken, he can’t be any older than you.”

 

Sehun gapes. “He can look cute and love chicken, but he can also be a murderer. That didn’t cross your mind?”

 

“Actually, it didn’t,” Luhan pauses and glances at Sehun’s bedside table. “But if he turns out to be another Kyungsoo…”

 

“Hey! Soo’s a sweet guy.”

 

“No. He’s only sweet when he wants to. He’s the spawn of Satan.”

 

“You’re talking about yourself.”

 

Luhan shakes his head in mock disappointment. “You’ve been blinded my friend.”

 

“How co– you know what, I won’t have this argument with you,” Sehun lifts up the blanket and covers himself. “My Kyungsoo is too squishy to be one of your underlings. If anyone’s the spawn of devil here, it’s you. Now good night Luhan, I hope you screw up.” He gives the latter one last glare before turning on his side.

 

“Hey Sehun, are you mad?”

 

 

---

 

 

Nothing had managed to get Luhan out of his little insanity (Sehun mentioned about it early in the morning as he eyes the former dressing to impress for the fourth time within the span of one week), instead, he finds himself leaning away from the tree and coming out in the light, waving at Jongin walking towards his direction in suppressed excitement. He takes note of the other’s ripped jeans and mentally thanks who ever thought that ripped jeans should have at least a hole in each leg as big as a palm is a great idea. And also Jongin, for thinking that ripped jeans are a convenient clothing in the middle of winter. “Hi.”

 

“God. You’re serious,” Jongin states. He stops in front of Luhan, looking too amused and too doubtful.

 

“I am serious,” Luhan admits, pocketing his hands inside his jeans.

 

Jongin tilts his head on the side and lifts an eyebrow. “You don’t even know me. How can you just decide like that?”

 

He shrugs, “Because I know what I want. Besides, everyone starts as strangers, we’re no different.” Jongin’s already pinkish from the cold but Luhan thinks there’s this new layer added above the previous one, he smiles. Luhan likes the view.

 

“I don’t know what exactly runs through that mind of yours but I could say that you’re a pretty stubborn guy,” Jongin says and starts walking ahead, air puffs coming out from his lips.

 

“So,” Luhan catches beside him, lingering a tad bit closer than yesterday. “Are you saying that you agree?”

 

Jongin looks down at him with a smirk, “I don’t remember agreeing to anything.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Luhan, we’re heading out to dinner,” Sehun calls out, standing at the latter’s door fixing his muffler around his neck. He looks up in alarm when Luhan’s approval sounded a little too overjoyed out of his character. The latter was sitting in his bed with his laptop perched on his lap, smiling too widely, too suspicious. “Are you watching something?”

 

Luhan shakes his head and turns his laptop around for Sehun to see, “I wouldn’t leave the door open if I’m watching. You know it.”

 

“Dude, are you plotting world domination?” Sehun inquires, squinting his eyes to get a better view of what’s playing. He frowns at what he sees. “Are yo–”

 

“Sehun, you ready?” Kyungsoo comes from behind, wearing a black trench coat and a royal blue turtle neck under. He peers inside the room and nods at Luhan. “You wanna have dinner with us?”

 

“Why are you inviting him, Soo?” Sehun whines. “We don’t need a chaperone.”

 

Luhan’s smile turns strained. “It would be a pleasure to annoy Sehun over dinner but I have other plans. Perhaps, some other time.”

 

“Suit yourself,” Kyungsoo flippantly says, tugging on Sehun’s elbow and turning around first.

 

The smile on Luhan’s face fades into a scowl, “I’ll never have dinner with him.”

 

“Don’t worry, I know he strongly feels the same,” Sehun rolls his eyes. “Whatever, we’re leaving, . Don’t starve yourself, although that wouldn’t be my problem.”

 

 

---

 

 

Jongin guffaws at what had welcomed him from his lunch break. Baekhyun’s in front of him, although he’s devoured by the amount of flowers he’s holding, Jongin knew his friend is somewhere behind them. He laughs a little when the other fails to navigate his way and bumps into the counter.

 

“Jongin!” Baekhyun exclaims cheekily, “I’ve been blindly looking for you. Now take this flowers off me, will you?”

 

He promptly walks towards his friend and gathers the flowers in his hand in help and carefully set them over the counter. “What’s with this?” He eyes the bouquet with mild curiosity. “What’s the occasion?”

 

“I don’t know, you tell me,” Baekhyun smirks at him and smacks a card on his chest as he passes by.

 

Jongin catches the card just in time and turns around to send the other’s retreating figure with an unidentified expression. He turns back at the counter in high hopes that Chanyeol would enlighten him but all the latter did was grin widely at him and motion for the card in his hand. He waves the card and Chanyeol nods enthusiastically, all the while flailing his arms around. Jongin winces at the human seal before his eyes and decides to open the letter instead.

 

All year I’ve been saving for the perfect Christmas gift. What I didn’t know is that I’d be saving up for someone as perfect as you.

 

The moment he looks up is the moment Luhan shows up in front of him with an indescribable glee in his eyes. Jongin stumbles back. “What’s this?”

 

Luhan plucks a red rose from the bouquet and leans on the counter, extending his hand to Jongin’s. “I’m courting you.”

 

Jongin takes the rose with a frown, “And you think by giving me flowers would make me agree?”

 

“Don’t start with the hard-to-get game,” Luhan taps on his forehead and pokes his cheek. “You’re blushing already.”

 

“It’s the cold,” Jongin swats his hand away in indifference and starts distracting himself with the mugs lined perfectly on the counter next to the flowers.

 

Luhan grins, “I’ll wait for you. Don’t take too long, and don’t throw them away. I’ve spent a whole lot of time last night watching videos on Youtube on how to impress someone.”

 

 

---

 

 

The succeeding days, Jongin finds himself detaching Luhan from his side in the most impossibly hard ways. He had even tried pushing Luhan’s face out of his personal space that ended up with the latter clutching at Jongin’s arms possessively. On the fourth day, Jongin patted Luhan’s head with resignation.

 

“Why are you so clingy?” He asks, stuffing his hands inside his jacket. It’s been snowing since yesterday that Jongin wanted to just put himself inside layers of comforter. Luhan seems to be having the same thoughts, only that he wanted to bury himself beside Jongin.

 

“Why’s your hair so fluffy? They’re long enough to cover your eyes and looks so smooth,” Luhan stares with amazement. “Can I touch them?”

 

“If you let me breathe.”

 

Luhan clutches tightly around his arm and shakes his head. “On second thought, I can just stare at them.”

 

Jongin rolls his eyes. “You know, normally, strangers wouldn’t be this close to someone they barely knew.”

 

“But I know your name.”

 

Jongin hums. They stop in front of a pedestrian and waits for the traffic lights to change, next to them, a married couple got their hands full of groceries. “That’s given. What else do you know about me?”

Luhan wets his lips with his tongue and ushers Jongin when the light turns green, “I know that you’ve got the fluffiest hair I have ever seen and that you have that smoldering gaze. I also know that you look so cuddly, like I could just snuggle next to you for a whole day.”

 

“Wow,” Jongin breathes, staying rooted in place and discerning Luhan with a gaze. “Did you just say that I look like a kid?”

 

“Kids are lovable,” Luhan beams.

 

Jongin sighs and tugs on Luhan’s arm, “C’mon, let’s find somewhere warm so you can tell me all about yourself.”

 

 

---

 

 

“OH SEHUN!” Luhan shouts the second he barges into the latter’s room like a menacing beast on hunt and throws the half empty water bottle at the innocent victim.

 

“Hey! That hurt, you !”

 

“You’re the worst roommate ever,” Luhan stands in front of the younger with his hands dangerously perched on his hips. “Whatever happened to the ‘best friends, bro’?”

 

Sehun rises from his bed and quizzically stares back at the older, “Hold your horses, Kyungsoo’s not here. Stop your rage.”

 

Luhan flops down on the bed and flails widely, he hits Sehun’s shin on the process although he says it’s an accident. Sehun doesn’t believe him and hits him back, harder. “er, you have no right to hit back!”

 

“You started it first, .”

 

“But you’re the one on the wrong!” Luhan cries, burying his face further in the sheets.

 

Sehun nudges him with his foot until he flops on his back, “I don’t recall doing something to you this time. Did your world domination failed?”

 

Luhan sighs and claws at his cheeks. Sehun discreetly takes his phone out. “It’s the worst, Sehun. The worst.”

 

“What could possibly be worse than your face right now?” He takes a few blackmail worthy pictures in not-anymore-secret and smiles in satisfaction.

 

“Me, chasing after your boyfriend’s best friend.”

 

Oh,” Sehun stares in surprise and breaks into a megawatt smile. “This will be fun.”

 

 

---

 

 

Luhan had no problem with Kyungsoo lingering around in their flat. He does, however, have a problem with Kyungsoo sitting in front of him in a café brim with people and their hot coffee without Sehun. Luhan doubted it if the other even knew where his devil of a boyfriend is right now. He looks at the other and fakes a smile, “I didn’t think we’d bump into each other here.”

 

Kyungsoo leans back on the chair and crosses his arms. “Jongin told me that there’s someone quite persistent that I happen to know of so I came to check. Didn’t think it was you.”

 

Luhan coughs and looks away, he mentally prays to all the Gods out there to come and save him. “It’s a small world, I guess.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Why do you hate me this much??” Luhan dramatically asks as soon as Kyungsoo was out of his Ten Meter Radius of Safety From Do Kyungsoo and is left alone with Jongin. The other’s laughing at his misery and Luhan would’ve love to hit him hard but he thinks that Jongin’s laughter sounds so much like church bells ringing so, no.

 

“And here I thought you have no one you fear of,” Jongin muses.

 

“Kyungsoo’s just different, okay.” Luhan defends, “I don’t understand why you and Sehun are so attached to him.”

 

“Because…” Jongin drawls out, untangling his scarf from his neck and draping them around Luhan’s. He pinches the other’s cheek before turning him around and out of the café.

 

Luhan immediately attaches himself to Jongin at the first wave of cold. “What will happen if I don’t get along with Kyungsoo well? Will you still be my boyfriend?”

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow with interest. “I’m pretty sure Sehun already told me everything between you two. Besides, we’re not boyfriends.”

 

“Yet,” Luhan says, glancing up. “We’re not boyfriends, yet.”

 

Jongin smiles. “Not yet.”

 

“Yes, not yet,” Luhan agrees. “But, I’ll make sure that I’ll have you by Christmas.”

 

“What makes you so sure?” Jongin asks, turning around the corner.

 

“I just have the feels.”

 

“You have the feels. Well, that’s pretty confident of you. In that case, wanna know something?” Jongin leans down on him with mischievousness written all over his face and Luhan doesn’t want to indulge the other but then again, he can hear that sound of church bells ringing and Luhan just really wants to give himself a good present this Christmas. There’s only fifteen more days left. it.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I’m very fond of brownies.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Jongin loves brownies,” Sehun corrects. “Kyungsoo’s, specifically,” he smirks.

 

“ my life.”

 

“Yeah, wait, let me call him. I’d love to see you suffer from your death.”

 

 

---

 

 

To: Jongin

I can’t believe this is how you say you like me too.

 

 

---

 

 

Luhan is scowling, Jongin’s laughing, Chanyeol’s watching intently, and Baekhyun’s eating the brownies.

 

“These are good, not as good as the ones Jongin always brings though,” he comments offhandedly, stuffing another cut in his mouth, eyes wide with innocence obviously fabricated.

 

Luhan harshly grabs the box away from him and shoves them in Jongin’s stomach, “I made these for you, why are you letting someone else eat them? Did you know I almost die in the hands of your best friend?”

 

“You’re still alive though,” Jongin grabs the box and gives them once again to Baekhyun. Luhan glares at him, daring the other, but Baekhyun only smiles cheekily and takes the box, triumphantly leaving them and dragging Chanyeol as well.

 

“Only because I threatened Sehun. Seriously, I’d do anything you ask me just not ones that involves Kyungsoo.”

 

“Are you complaining?” Jongin teases.

 

“Yes, I am complaining,” Luhan sighs.

 

“Aww, too bad I almost did say yes,” Jongin says, leaving the ghost of his lips against the other’s forehead as he goes to wait.

 

Luhan groans.

 

 

---

 

 

“Luhan, dude, we’re best friends. I care about you more than anyone, if you have a problem you can talk to me. I’ll help you the best I can just, don’t do this. I may have prayed every night for you to disappear in my life but this is not what I want. From now on, I won’t include that on my prayers so please, put the knife down and come here.”

 

Luhan points out the knife on Sehun and exclaims, “You pray that I disappear?? Every night?! You ungrateful brat!”

 

Sehun jolts up and automatically shoots his hands up in defense. “That was before! I now know of how wrong it is.”

 

“You still prayed!” Luhan takes a step forward and Sehun stumbles back, “After all the things I did for you, that is how you repay me?!”

 

“Dude, c’mon,” Sehun pleads, “Let’s talk this out more peacefully. Please, put the knife down.”

 

“No,” Luhan takes another step. “I won’t put anything down until you help me out on Kyungsoo.”

 

“What,” Sehun straightens up. “You mean, this isn’t about me wanting you dead?”

 

Luhan sighs. Sehun notices the defeat in his shoulders and slowly lowers down his hands only to shoot them out when Luhan perks up once again. “This is about me asking for your help because apparently, whatever Jongin does, I can ing hear those church bells ringing like, what the actual ? I ain’t marrying yet. So before I go insane, you need to help me out.”

 

“First of all, that is not how you ask for help.”

 

“No. I’m just really desperate. Besides, I might as well kill you before your prayers can come true.”

 

“You know what, I’m so happy we love each other so much.”

 

Luhan smiles wickedly, “You have no idea.”

 

 

---

 

 

Luhan doesn’t have a problem with Kyungsoo lingering around in their apartment. He is, however, having a big problem staying calm and polite in front of Kyungsoo sitting across him during lunch without Sehun. The latter informed him that Kyungsoo’s very fond of this particular family restaurant, Luhan’s never even been in the area, and he notes not to return no matter what knowing Kyungsoo ofently visits.

 

“What do I owe you to have this free lunch?” Kyungsoo asks, eyeing the food and not Luhan. Rude.

 

Luhan clears his throat, “Nothing. It’s just that you’ve been dating Sehun for two years now, and I think as his best friend, I should be the one more understanding about his choices and decisions in life.”

 

Kyungsoo carefully looks up and fixes Luhan a stare. “But since you learned that I’m Jongin’s best friend, you needed to get along with me, too, more than anything else. You don’t really care whether I’m dating Sehun or not. You only want to get on my good side because of Jongin. Am I right, or am I right?”

 

 

---

 

 

To: Sehun

I don’t even understand why the are you dating that midget!

 

 

---

 

 

From: Jongin

You took Soo on a lunch date? That’s pretty promising of you.

 

 

---

 

 

Only four more days left before Christmas, Luhan finally manages to bury himself beside Jongin, under Jongin’s Pororo blanket, in Jongin’s bed. Luhan can already see the light and hear (he doesn’t hate it anymore) the church bells ringing in a different rhythm, a merrier tune that kids love to sing along specifically only during that month of the year. “God, I could definitely get used to this.”

 

Jongin buries his nose in Luhan’s hair and closes his eyes. “You better get used to Kyungsoo, too, if you want this for Christmas.”

 

Luhan tilts his head up and kisses Jongin’s adam’s apple. Jongin shivers. “Kyungsoo can go himself on Sehun’s rod. You’ll be mine this Christmas.”

 

Jongin laughs but pulls Luhan against his chest. “Let’s keep the images off, shall we? I can hear Christmas carols from the outside and I wanna keep it that way.”

 

“Why don’t you give love on Christmas day?”

 

“Why don’t we sleep instead?”

 

“Fine, I accept your rejection. But come twenty fifth, you’ll be rejecting no one.”

 

 

---

 

 

Three days before Christmas, Luhan braves himself to stand before Kyungsoo. It was a bad idea.

 

“Do I even have to ask why am I constantly seeing you now?” Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow and stands on his full height. He’s the scariest midget Luhan has ever seen his entire life.

 

“Hey, Luhan has something to give you,” Sehun tries, snaking his arm around his boyfriend’s waist all the while kissing the latter’s temple. Luhan wants to gag, Sehun looks utterly disgusting.

 

Kyungsoo waits, unfazed by his boyfriend’s distraction.

 

Luhan fishes his hands out from his back, “Sehun said you like dark chocolates. I go–”

 

“I hate them.”

 

“–got them from–” he stops, eyes unblinking and frozen. Kyungsoo gives no reaction. “I see.”

 

“Soo?” Sehun looks at the said guy.

 

“I hate chocolates that are not from you,” Kyungsoo looks up at him and finally, finally, changes his better-stay-away-or-you’ll-meet-your-death countenance into something akin to I-Dig-Sehun-Because-BIG. Luhan has to stop the bile violently knocking for release, in Kyungsoo’s face specifically, he succeeded, somehow. “Anyways,” he continues, “I’ve to go now. Jonginnie’s waiting for me.” He gives Sehun a kiss on his lips and Luhan an innocent smile then, he’s gone.

 

When Sehun turns around for his friend, he dismisses the knife in Luhan’s hand – he doesn’t even want to know how, where, and when he got himself that. “I tried, bro.”

 

“Three days, Sehun. Only three days left,” he emphasizes the last word and throws the box of chocolate somewhere near Sehun’s face.

 

“Kill me now.”

 

 

---

 

 

Jongin called in sick when Luhan looked for him the next day, Chanyeol looks sorry but Baekhyun’s beside him so, Luhan doubts.

 

“He’s currently staying with a friend. I can give you his friend’s address if you want?” He asks, maybe he’s really sorry.

 

Luhan smiles, “Yes, please.”

 

Just as he was leaving, Baekhyun calls out, “By the way, it was Kyungsoo’s address.” No wonder it looks familiar.

 

Luhan goes straight home.

 

 

---

 

 

To: Jongin

Maybe you’re just love sick ;D Get well very soon!

 

 

---

 

 

One day before Christmas, Luhan receives a gift from Sehun, as surprising as it. He looks skeptically at the latter, unmoving and doubting the whole existence of Oh Sehun.

 

“I know I’m fabulous, you don’t need to tell me.” He places the envelope at the edge of Luhan’s bed, patting it carefully twice while eyeing the other.

 

“I wanna judge you right now, but I haven’t seen Jongin for three days straight so I won’t. I have better things to think of than be bothered by that ugly sweater you’re wearing.”

 

“Hey! Junmyeon gave it to me last year,” Sehun says defensively.

 

“Figures. What’s on the envelope? And who really gave it?”

 

Sehun has the decency to look offended, dramatically placing his hand over his left chest. “Is that really what you think?!”

 

Luhan groans, “Oh c’mon, God knows you haven’t spent a penny on me. What makes you think that I’ll believe you?”

 

“I hate you, Luhan.”

 

Luhan turns around in his bed and tucks his whole body (sans the head) under his comforter. “Yes, I feel the same. Now get out, I have some brooding to do. If Jongin starts missing, then you know I’ve reach insanity. That fluffy better surrender himself tomorrow.”

 

“I think you’ve already reached insanity.”

 

“Get out.”

 

 

---

 

 

It was a White Christmas. However, Luhan wakes up not from the cold but from the heat he believes wasn’t there last night nor the very obvious presence of something placed on top of his chest. He could not have magically sprouted another pair of arm that are of the opposite of pale over night, not even in a million years. Not even Sehun, who’d find it interesting and be proud of it no matter how weird he’d look like. He dreams of being unique. It would fit perfectly.

 

“Good morning.”

 

Luhan shivers not from the cold, but from the huskiness and closeness of that voice, of Jongin’s voice. He turns around and automatically encircles his arms around the latter’s neck. “How’d you get in?” He asks with closed eyes but with smile on his lips.

 

“Bribed Sehun,” Jongin answers, kissing Luhan’s right eyelid before the left one.

 

“How about your cold?” Luhan snuggles closer, sneaking his left leg in between Jongin’s thighs.

 

“Planning on sharing it with you.”

 

Luhan laughs but was cut short with Jongin’s own lips sealing the noise. He smiles into the kiss instead, tilting his head a little bit on the side and nips on Jongin’s lower lip. “I haven’t brushed my teeth yet,” he says, biting lightly on the latter’s lip.

 

Jongin cups his jaw and traces his tongue onto Luhan’s upper lip, “I have cough.”

 

“Fair enough,” Luhan grins and Jongin goes back to kissing him, full on mouth.

 

He abuses Luhan’s lower lip, nibbling them to his satisfaction and for compensation. The hand on Luhan’s jaw managed to travel itself up to his hair, tracing a memory lane the same time Jongin grabbed the entrance Luhan allowed him. For all the conceitedness Luhan has on himself, he shyly moans into the kiss and lets Jongin do all the work.

 

When Jongin pulls out, Luhan breathes and opens his eyes.

 

They lean their foreheads together and look directly into each other’s eyes, cliché. Luhan doesn’t want to think the times he had seen Sehun does the same gesture with Kyungsoo, but he can’t help the butterflies magically appearing in his stomach. There’s no bells ringing this time though, and Luhan weirdly misses the noise but thinks that the erratic beating of Jongin’s heart sounds better, way better. “Guess you got your present after all.”

 

Luhan grins, “Told you so.”

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue:

 

 

“So, what should we do on our first day?” Luhan asks, using Jongin’s chest as a makeshift pillow. He draws different sizes of circles on the latter’s stomach while Jongin runs his fingers through Luhan’s hair.

 

“How about we use that gift Kyungsoo gave you?”

 

Luhan frowns, fingers ceasing their movements and laying on Jongin’s stomach. “I’m pretty sure the only gift I’d receive from your best friend is my early death.”

 

“Wait,” Jongin props himself on his elbows, causing Luhan to fall on bed. He looks up at Jongin. “Sehun didn’t give you the envelope?”

 

“Oh.” Luhan stares. “You mean, that was from Kyungsoo?”

 

“Please tell me you still have them,” Jongin says.

 

“I might’ve thrown it away out of frustration?” Luhan smiles sheepishly.

 

“Luhan!”

 

“What?” Luhan sits up as well, “I was frustrated with you not answering my calls, I need an outlet to vent it out.”

 

Jongin groans, “It was a movie ticket Luhan! And I was looking forward to it!”

 

“Relax, I’ll buy us new tickets.” Luhan tries to reach out for Jongin’s hand but gets rejected with a glare.

 

“No. I want the one Soo gave you.”

 

“Jongin, Sehun threw the trash last night. It might’ve been gone by now,” he tries again but the latter’s already standing up.

 

“Then find it,” Jongin demands with a pout. God, if only this dude isn’t cute, Luhan wouldn’t waste so much time and effort. “Soo finally accepted you Luhan. Find it before you lose your own Christmas present.”

 

Luhan gapes, “You’re kidding right? Jongin you just basically said yes earlier.”

 

“No. And I take back what I said. You have a whole day to find it and call me or you’ll have the next year saving for another Christmas present.” Jongin challenges mischievously.

 

Luhan groans, “God, you’re unbelievable.”

 

Jongin shrugs and smiles. Talk about bipolar. “Well, it was you who courted me.” He leaves Luhan with a chaste kiss on his nose and a wink before he’s out of the door.

 

“OH ING SEHUN GET YOUR ING BUBBLE IN HERE!”