Missing You

Love Is You
"I told you, no form of affection should be shown outside this school!" The lecturer hit the Dictionary of Love on the table.
 
"I saw a couple outside right after our class having forbidden conversations. And you are not partners! Horrendous!" 
 
The couple who glanced at each other a while ago pretended that it was none of their business. Until they heard their names being called out. 
 
"Out you go! You shall be severely punished in the detention room."
 
The two of them stood up as they quietly walked out of the door which creaked open. The silence war began when both of them started to feel things. They felt guilty, they felt affection. So close, yet so far away from what they wanted at first. It was so different. 
 
"I'm sorry," Seo Joohyun spoke first, breaking the silence. 
 
"Please don't say that, my heart. I mean I cannot actually express this in words but I am really more sorry than you are and I mean, I really love you but-" She covered his mouth. 
 
"You can't let anyone hear that," she whispered as her organ pounded hard and fast on her chest. 
 
He held her hand, and knew that she was freezing.
 
"Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa, please proceed to the detention room at level 2 now. Now." The announcement was made. 
 
The couple ran to the detention room, the male pulling the female along. 
 
The knock on the door was followed by the open, and there they saw the Principal. 
 
"Two of you. Sit here," she gestured to the seats in front of her. 
 
They pulled out the chair in the hope of no dragging, and unfortunately Yonghwa's chair squeaked. 
 
"Keep quiet!" She snapped, causing him to bow and offer his apology. They then took a seat and were of course, filled with terror for they are unsure of what lies ahead of them. 
 
"Now, there are two things that we can do. First, you two shall quit school and start a family of your own, and be banished from this place of ours. Second, you shall stop taking classes for Love. You can only take classes for Mannerism, Knowledge and Faith. Nothing else. Now make your choice, I don't have time to spend on you little brats," she said sternly. 
 
They both knew they were in deep trouble. Their parents would be very very angry if they were to be out of school, for the schools provided the Certificates of Character that would have guaranteed them a seat in the society. If they do not, they would not be people with morals, and shall be looked down at. Very few people would have met this situation. 
 
Apparently, Yonghwa has been reading the Dictionary of Love when he was young, and his father thought that his son was too young to understand anything. Little did he know that his son wrote down those words on a piece of paper and kept it in his closet, where it was dark and which nobody bothered going through. 
 
For Seohyun, she was stimulated to these feelings when her mother was contracted with a disease which was an antidote to the drug that all mothers took during labour. The sharing of food between mother and child would also cause the child to be freed from the effects of the drug. 
 
Unfortunately, these two teenagers had to undergo a test of their own before they could learn any more about feelings. It was that little of a chance that people would meet such situations and fall in love under this circumstance. 
 
"May we have some time outside to discuss? Please, Principal," Jung Yonghwa spoke up. 
 
The Principal hesitated for a half a second before she opened to give her approval. Yonghwa held Joohyun's hand to drag her outside along with him. 
 
"Stop there, two of you. You are expelled from this Academy."
 
Joohyun was shocked. She knelt in front of the Principal without second thoughts and pleaded her for forgiveness and for a second chance. 
 
"Seo Joohyun, no matter how long you are staying there is none of my business."
 
She stood up from her chair and left the room in her known-for catwalk, leaving the two expellees behind.
 
Just what did they do to ruin their future, or rather, what was it that caused their society to be of this complication? It was just love they felt, something that their ancestors once experienced. 
 
Love is the thing that keeps lives going, and making you cherish each day. Why is love eliminated?
 
They entered the library of the Academy, which was open to public and started to do a research, in the hope to gather opinionated people to join them in the political protest of this ridiculous rule in their lives. 
 
After hours of searching, Joohyun whispered to Yonghwa as she excitedly gestured to him the book, "Found it!"
 
They found it. The reason why feelings were eliminated. 
 
Love, was often associated with pain. In the past, people categorized pain into two segments—physical and emotional. The physical pain refers to external sources of hurt, such as hitting onto a rock or stone, and it causes a stinging feeling that would make you scream. The emotional pain is more complex. Emotional pain is referred to as the most complicated feeling of all in the olden days. A lot of people attempt to die, and most of them suffer from emotional traumas, which means that they have problems that cause them to have thoughts that indirectly hurt themselves. 
 
The people in the olden days wanted to stop Love, one of the strongest feelings on Earth, and successfully eliminated Love with the drug, Andiosho, which was named after Kinhja Andiosho, a renowned scientist. Love, along with all other feelings were eliminated to prevent people from feeling pain, in any aspects. The Government has decided to keep this as a tradition for our State, and we shall not forget the tribute of Andiosho.
 
"This is absurd..." Yonghwa said right after he finished reading the two paragraphs. 
 
"Why should it be eliminated? Being the strongest feeling, it is in our nature to love, and to love is a wonderful feeling," Joohyun responded, touching the front cover of the book. 
 
"Let's meet tonight then, midnight. We will run away to a town. I know it is irresponsible but I promise we would be back. We will come back. Because now, people will not accept our ideology, trust me," Yonghwa whispered back.
 
"But Yonghwa, I can't leave my parents back behind, it's just-"
 
"I know how you feel, but this is something that we have to fight for, for our future and our future generations. We have to do this."
 
Seo Joohyun kept very quiet. How was she supposed to choose between love and family? It was simply something outrageous to her. 
 
Dear Daddy and Mummy,
I have been an unfilial child, and I was expelled from the Academy. I am so sorry and at the same time, I am unable to face you at this point of time. I will be leaving this town but I promise that I will come back. I will. Please don't worry for me. I will see you soon.
Love,
Joohyun
 
With that, she left, in the creeping silence with someone who she Loved.