Left Alone

Housemates

December 13th, 2014

The morning was chilly and dim, perfect for winter lovers. Bo-Mi and Myung-Soo are the first ones up and out of their beds. Myung-Soo has his sleepwear on, sweatpants and a black tank top. Bo-Mi's outfit is a little "off".
"Please, Myung-Soo, don't stare at my thighs." She says. He shorts barely cover the lower portion of both her thighs. Making her slightly visible.
Myung-Soo shakes his head, "I wasn't. Besides, aren't you cold wearing things like that?"
"Aren't you cold wearing that tank top?"
Myung-Soo pauses, then speaks, "Nevermind."

As both Myung-Soo and Bo-Mi prepare breakfast, Ji-Yeon and Woo-Hyun come out of their rooms. They look half asleep and messy. Woo-Hyun takes a glimpse at the scene, "What? Myung-Soo's making breakfast?"
"Helping." Myung-Soo says.
"Of course, how damn stereotypical that the woman of the house is making breakfast." Bo-Mi says in a pushy tone.
Ji-Yeon samples the food Bo-Mi is making, "I thought the woman of the house was Nam-Joo. Besides, this Gomguk is really well made."
Woo-Hyun takes a sip of the warm soup water, "Mmm. Yeah, it is good. Bo-Mi, you're really good at this."
"THANKS! I HELPED!" Myung-Soo says, trying to gain some recognition. It sends the other three into short chuckles.
Then, out of nowhere, Nam-Joo comes running out of her bedroom fully clothed. Her sudden appearance gains the attention of the other four.
She makes her way towards the front door, "! I'm late again!" Nam-Joo exits the apartment without saying a single word to her housemates.
Woo-Hyun speaks up, "What the hell was that? Where'd she go?"
"It's fine," Bo-Mi says, "She works at a cafe shop and since she's new, she can't afford to be tardy. But it's already happened four times."
"Oh, I see." Woo-Hyun replies back with a nod.

After breakfast...

Woo-Hyun cleans the dishes for the group. Bo-Mi acknowledges his instincts to help, "Aw, you're such a good boy." She pinches his cheek while his hands are still in the sink. Myung-Soo and Ji-Yeon are sitting on the couch, engaging in small talk, "A massage parlor? Is working there actually fun?" Myung-Soo says.
Ji-Yeon nods, "It's a lot more exciting than it sets itself out to be. Plus, you meet all sorts of people. Mid-life crisis adults, young and busty woman, senior citizens that may or may not die right then and there, and then there's the occasional erted old men who try to hit on me."
"Nevermind, it sounds like a joyride. And where you work...it's, like, legit? Not one of those ty, rundown ones that sometimes offer ion?"
"Nope. Yongguk's Messages is a legitimate message parlor, guaranteed." Her smile is almost artificial.
"They pay you to say that, don't they?"
"Absolutely."

Woo-Hyun sits on the couch with Myung-Soo. Bo-Mi and Ji-Yeon are getting ready to go out on their own.
Woo-Hyun notices, "Woah, where are you two going?"
Bo-Mi looks up while adjusting her coat, "I need to finish my Christmas shopping. Woo-Hyun...Myung-Soo, do you two need anything?"
"I'm all set." Myung-Soo says, while on his phone.
"I'm good too. Don't be out too long, I get lonely sometimes."
"Ah gosh, you have your playmate right there next to you." Bo-Mi says in a teasing fashion.
Woo-Hyun frowns, "But he's no fun!"
"Too bad. I need to leave. Bye everyone." Bo-Mi closes the door on her way out.
Woo-Hyun then looks at Ji-Yeon, "And where the hell are you going now?!" He almost yells the last word in the sentence.
"Jeez, calm down. I'm just going to work at Yongguk's. I'll be back in like five hours. See ya." And then Ji-Yeon leaves.
Woo-Hyun feels empty inside. He adjusts his position on the couch to make it more comfortable for him. He looks to his right where Myung-Soo is using his phone. Curious, Woo-Hyun slowly tries to see what's on the screen.
Myung-Soo pulls away quickly, "Hey! Rule number three, never invade other's privacy, you ."
"Come on, what are you doing?"
"It's none of your business unless I tell you it is."
"Are you texting your girlfriend?"
"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS UNLESS-"
"Alright, alright."
Then, Myung-Soo suddenly gets a call. He answers, "Yeobsaeyo? Eun-Ji? No, it's alright...sure...I can probably do it...alright. Love you."
He hangs up.
Woo-Hyun stands up, "No...was that your girlfriend?"
"Yeah, sorry man. She wants me to meet her at the-"
"You're going to leave me alone?!"
"It's alright, you're a big boy, remember?" Myung-Soo says, playfully slapping Woo-Hyun's shoulder. He walks over to the coat rack and quickly puts on his jacket.
"Have fun, Woo-Hyun." He slams the door. Woo-Hyun was left standing in silence.
He sneers, "God damn it, I really wanted to know where he was going."
[END]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Did you love it? Hate it? Let me know in the comments! Constructive criticism is what keeps my motor running!**