[OS] Flying Hair Brushes, Icicles and Blankets

YunJae's Sweet & Sour Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Basically, this is what happens when I'm too lazy to work on my assignments and have a writer's block on my chaptered fic...

For HOE-TEL readers, don't worry I'm working on the next chapter - PROMISE!

ENJOY!

Summary!

Yunho and Jaejoong are roommates. 

It's a very cold night, and Yunho comes home expecting his roommate to either be asleep or working, but also expects something warm and nice to eat. 

What happens when he comes home and has to face a pissed of Jaejoong, and promptly gets kicked out of the apartment onto the balcony, in the middle of the night...while there's a snowstorm outside.

“Da…dam….damn…n…i...iit” he stuttered, wisps of smoke escaping his lips. That’s what I get for rooming up with a bat- crazy psycho, he thought as he starting rubbing his arms and jumping on the spot to keep warm. 

______________

“But Boo…”

“DON’T YOU ING DARE ‘BOO’ ME JUNG ING YUNHO!” Jaejoong screamed at the top of his lungs, seething; one finger pointed sternly at the taller man’s face while the other flailed around like a dying fish.

In all honesty, Yunho had literally no idea what he could have done to make Jaejoong blow his head like a bull having red dangled at its face. He’d come home expecting the petite man to be asleep or working on another song, as was their weekdays’ routine for nearly a year now. So imagine his surprise when he walks into the house, tip-toing so as not to wake his roommate in case he was asleep, and comes face to face with a never-before-seen pissed off Kim Jaejoong.

Oh yeah, and a hair brush viciously speeding towards his face. He had never been so grateful for his fast reflexes, courtesy of his martial arts training.

“Ok, Jaejoong if you could just calm dow…”

“DO. NOT. FINISH. THAT. SENTENCE.”

“…” Yunho somehow knew to shut up even if he still was completely baffled about the situation.

“GET OUT!”

“WHAT?” Was he being serious!?

“Jung Yunho, get out or I will drag you out by your manhood and we both know my nails make for exceptionally sharp claws” Jaejoong whispered low under his breath, sending chills down Yunho’s back; and he was sure it had nothing to do with the declining temperature outside. At that moment Yunho was positive Jaejoong had been possessed…

He remained standing stock still, wide eyes full of fear and confusion; no idea whether to speak or not, or what to say if he were to speak.

“GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!” Jaejoong came hurtling towards Yunho once he realised that someone would die if they both stayed in the apartment together for the next two minutes; using both his hands to push the other as hard as he could, out the nearest door which happened to be the door to the balcony.

“Wait Jaejoong! It’s freezing outside…Wait, could we just talk…Jaejoong, wait….wait…WAIT!” He yelled frustrated, effectively chucked out of the warm living quarters. He quickly turned around and stared at his unforgiving so-called friend with betrayal in his eyes. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to affect the blonde, whom just stared defiantly back at him and slammed the door shut in his face, without a second’s hesitation. Yunho’s hand remained raised in the air in a defeated protest; one that he didn’t get the chance to utter before being locked out in the snowy ten-foot terrace.

“Argh!” he screamed, knowing he was in some serious trouble. Why? He had no idea.

Great, he thought. Why did he have to take his jacket off, upon entering the apartment? Now he was stuck on their tiny apartment terrace with no jacket, the door locked and snow falling like there was no tomorrow! His teeth started chattering immediately; the temperature of the outdoors attacking his body viciously. He wrapped his arms around his body in a futile attempt to keep any heat from escaping, as his entire form shook from the dramatic temperature change.

“Da…dam….damn…n…i...iit” he stuttered, wisps of smoke escaping his lips. That’s what I get for rooming up with a bat- crazy psycho, he thought as he starting rubbing his arms and jumping on the spot to keep warm.

Looking back inside the apartment window, he gasped in surprise as he saw Jaejoong looking at him with a somewhat unreadable expression…was that guilt or anger…or just insanity? He didn’t have time to react before his roommate stiffly pulled the little string and dropped the blinds. Perfect.

With no idea what to do because he knew his roommate very well, and knew that nothing will make him come and open the door – no amount of begging or compromise could change the stubborn bastard’s mind…unless he wanted to himself. Yunho just about tried anything he ever learnt about keeping in heat; rubbing his hands, jumping and even jogging in the limited space available before giving up and just huddling up in a corner away from the edge where the top shelter was shabby and a layer of snow and icicles had already formed.

The weather was absolutely horrendous that night. The snow seemed to have become twice as cold and ferocious! It was like a blizzard, all Yunho could see in front was a thick blanket of white covering the hazy silhouettes of buildings, and he could barely see them thanks to the falling flakes. This stinks, he thought. Usually he would be on the terrace and could enjoy the beautiful view of the city, but now all he could think was that he was going to get frostbite on his !

FOR NO REASON!

He’d made himself as small as he possibly could, with his chin buried between his knees and his arms wrapped around his legs, but still he felt the cold slithering up his spine taking home in his core.

I’m going to die, was all he thought as the night went on, and his roommate seemed to have lost all sense of compassion and mercy.

***

He knew it was cold. In fact he’d felt the temperature dropping in the early evening when he’d still been at work. That’s why he had put the heaters on in all corners of the apartment as soon as he’d got home, sensing the fearsome night that was coming. Which is why he couldn’t stop pacing as he kept glancing at the ghastly weather outside, knowing his roommate was most probably freezing his off.

But he deserved it! His brain tried to argue, but being the sweet person he was, his heart finally won.

Don’t expect too much! He wasn’t going to let him back in. He was damn sure that he’d make Yunho stay out there the whole night! The big oaf totally deserved the punishment, as far as Jaejoong was concerned.

He was determined to stand by his word…but that didn’t mean he couldn’t do something nice.

Quickly going to the kitchen, he starting the process of making a deliciously warm soup. He knew from experience that this particular recipe was good for keeping you warm, his mom used to make it for him in winters when he’d been sick. He also knew that his roommate liked it. But that was NOT the reason he was making it, he tried to convince himself. He was simply trying to prevent his roommate’s early demise.

Jaejoong was good in the kitchen, that’s why he’d been put in charge of all food and cooking responsibilities, while Yunho had to take care of rent. Of course, Yunho also had a better paid job, so he was more suited to paying rent, but who cares? Food cost a lot too! It also took a lot of time, effort and patience - especially if you made something the other didn’t like.

Once the soup was cooked to his satisfaction, Jaejoong poured a very generous amount onto the biggest bowl they owned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter