The bloomed trees

Spring

Spring symbolizes new life. Trees, plants, fields are beginning to turn green. The parks and gardens are alive with the spring flower everywhere. And everyone looks very excited. They get up earlier, wear light clothes and meet friends and loved ones. People walking side by side. Holding their morning coffees, running under the blooming trees, laughing, and chatter with each other happily. 

"Eonnie, Vic eonnie, ireona"

Victoria opened her eyes widely. She could see sunlight coming from the window. The wind breeze from its gap. And the smell of pancakes which just coming from pan wafted across her dorm room that she shares with four other girls.

"What time is it, Luna-yah?" She asked. 

The short-haired girl who wakes her up smiled as she fixes her shirt collar in front of the mirror.

"8 o'clock, you gotta get up" 

Victoria took her cell phone and tilted her head to see its screen.

Everyone seemed so cheerful and bright in the first week of the new semester.

But not for her.

In contrast, Victoria instead felt this week was the worst for her.

She usually would get up earlier than others. Open their windows, waking them with songs from their speakers and a cooked them breakfast.

But not today. 

Her roommates knew she wasn't in good condition. They understand the situation and suggested her to stay at the dorm for past few days. But she didn't want to. She chose to woke up and face the day as usual.

"Why I smelled something burning?" 

Victoria asked herself as she walked into their small kitchen. Then, she saw two girls in their pajamas, arguing about who's going to lift the pancake from the pan.

"Soojung-ah, let me do it" 

"Yah, this is my turn"

Victoria smiled for the first time in a few days. The taller girl tried to give her aegyo to the dark haired girl. But of course it didn't work. They end up with spraying whip cream to each other face. 

"Yah guys, stop it! you'll burn the pancakes"

Both of them immediately turned and widen their eyes as they found Victoria standing there. 

"Eonnie! Look! Sulli messed it up!" 

The dark haired girl exclaimed as she wiping her face, while the other girl sticking out her tongue. Victoria laughed, then took over the pan. 

"Aigoo, you should put the whip cream on top of pancakes instead of each other face"

The two girls looked at each other. Then the taller girl shrugged with a smile. 

"I'll call eonnies for breakfast" She said and left Victoria with the dark-haired girl.

"So... are you okay?"

Victoria raised the pancake from the pan and put it right on top of the other pancakes. The dark-haired girl looks worried as she examined Victoria's face inch by inch.

"I'm okay. Don't worry"

She replied. If she could, she really wanted to hide what she was feeling now and acted like nothing happened. But the girls are the closest friends for her. They are like family. Sisters. As much as she wanted them not to worry, they are always the first ones to find out what's wrong. And she could never deceive them.

"I should've never called that douchebag Appa" the dark-haired girl muttered in disgust.

"Vic eonnie!"

Victoria turned toward the girl with boyish-short-cut hair that just came. She's wearing her oversized sweater,   snapback on top of her head and back knee-pants. Who else she is, if not that dorky Amber?

"Vic eonnie you're awake!!"

She shouted again and embraced Victoria like a koala. Though that she's often referred herself as an illama. 

"You know how it feels to eat burnt food for the past few days? Gosh, I'm glad you're back"

"Yah! what you said burnt food?"

The dark-haired girl yelled and makes the whole room laugh.

"Sorry princess, I don't know you're there"

The short-haired girl and make the girl pouted like a sulking little kid.

Victoria loves her girls. Nothing can make her more comforted than spending time with them. Though sometimes these younger girls are noisy, unruly, and cause a lot of chaos, but Victoria thinks it's not comparable with their cuteness and laughter that always succeed to give her no choice but smile from the bottom of her heart.

But that doesn't mean she can keep her smile all day.

The younger girls quickly went off after finishing their breakfast. Of course because they don't want to miss their classes in the first week of the new semester. And it makes Victoria, which today has her class at noon left alone in their dorm. 

She doesn't like to be alone. Though her girls always say that she only needs to call or text them whenever and wherever she needs a friend, but Victoria chose not to do so. She couldn't make them worry over this. Not anymore.

So she decided to get out. Walking under blooming trees. Grab some coffee and enjoy whatever she could enjoy this morning.

Truthfully, she still can't forget what happened to her for past few days. Since that day. Since she heard the young man called her name for the last time.

The thing is, everything would be more painful when we realize how important something after they gone. So, she tried not to regret it. She shouldn't regret anything. Since all of this happened because of her.

Yes, she is the cause of the pain she felt now. Everything went very well back then. Everything was beautiful and perfect at that time. And it would be continue as that, if only she didn't ruin everything with her stupid ignorance. 

Now it was too late even to regret.

Victoria up to the nearest coffee shop by her dorm. This shop is the one of two coffee shops in the university area beside the one in the campus building. Almost every students went here every morning. Just to get coffee, take their breakfast, or meet their friends.

And there she is, among few people who were chatter along with their friends, watching her quietly while whispering to one another.

Victoria doesn't have many friends though almost all of the students in university knows her. This is because she comes from abroad. Everyone will look at her and whispered to each other as she passed the hallway. But none of them dare to approached her. No one came forward to be her friend. They just stared at her as if she was a walking statue. No one is considered as a person but just an object to be admired, or to be scorned.

What makes her into a cheerful and bubbly person in a foreign country as it is today is none other than those cute girls who miraculously met her as a roommates. And her friends at her age, or can be regarded as her close friends (whom most of them are boys) Including some of those who come from the same country as her. 

"I think you should immediately order something before people behind us lose their patience, Miss" 

Victoria heard a familiar voice along with someone patted her shoulder. She immediately turned around and found one of his closest friends, or known as her one and only childhood friend threw a smirk at her.

"Zhoumi!"

Zhoumi laughed and pointing to the queue behind them.

"You'd better buy for mine too if you don't want to pissing them off"

Victoria buy her favorite caramel macchiato and one iced caffe americano for her bestfriend. She had known the young man like almost forever, since they were little kids, where they still live in China. But the only thing that she could never understand from this childhood friend of hers was, he always drinks those kinds of cold drinks every morning instead of warm coffee. Don't mention his addiction to soft drinks.

"You should stop brain-freezing yourself with those cold drinks before going to class"

He laughed again. The laugh that she had known for almost a whole life.

She felt she'd never done this for a long time. Walking along with her childhood friend like this. She used to be with him all the time. She remembers how she and Zhoumi celebrated their success for being accepted at the same university in Korea. She remembers how every day Zhoumi came to pick her up in front of her dorm every morning in their first year. She also remembers how they always had dinner at a small ramen shop near campus building whenever they have the same night classes. Since when that all changed? Maybe since that time. Since she met that young man. That prince-like-guy who has changed her life. Or maybe since she forgets everyone in her life just to achieve her dreams and desires.

"So, you're not going to your class?" asked Victoria to her bestfriend next to here. 

"I still have some time before class starts. How about you? Isn't that your class start about a few hours away? Why are you here so early?"

Victoria smiled and amazed with how her bestfriend knew her so well.

"Aigoo. Since when do you know my schedule well, huh? Are you my manager?"

Zhoumi just chuckled. 

"Maybe since you told me everything"

Then, they both quickly immersed in silence. Victoria took a sip of her drink, until finally, her close friend beside her decided to open his mouth.

"So, how's that guy?"

Victoria stopped her feet. Then both of them stopped right in front of the bench, on the road full of bloomed trees. For a moment she thought she had forgotten all about him. But the young man seemed to keep coming back into her mind. Even if she didn't want to, the things around her still recalls him. 

No matter how many times Victoria tried to removing the young man from her mind, the more difficult for her to forget him. She remembers clearly how did she walk on this road with him. How the flowers fell on top of them. And the most painful is, it's just a memory that shouldn't be remembered by any of them.

"Qiannie,"

Victoria dragged herself back to reality when she looked at the only person who called her name that way. She found him stared back at her. Straight and sharp until she was able to see something behind her bestfriend's dark eyes. Something that somehow, can not be described. 

"I love you"

At that moment, Victoria felt the time around her seems to stopped. Along with her breath, her heartbeat and all the blood that flows in her veins.

"I love you since we were kids. I loved you from the moment we went to our first day of high school. I loved you from the moment we were both accepted at university abroad. Before he loved you, I already do. Since long time ago"

She had known the man in front of her for almost forever. But this is the first time she ever heard her one and only childhood friend saying something in a tone that she never thought would ever come out of his mouth. The tone that describe all of his feelings. Describing everything that he felt after all this time. Describing all the pain that he hold up until today.

"Then when I found that you loved him too, I told myself that everything would be fine. As long as I could still be on your side"

Victoria was stunned when she heard his voice trembling as if the world around them collapsed. She couldn't feel anything but her heavy breath and sting behind her eyeballs.

"But when he made your whole life broke down, everything changed. Everything is not fine. And I can't bear to see you like this"

Zhoumi stepped forward to get a better sight to see his bestfriend's face. She never changed since they were little. Her beautiful round eyes and curved lips that make everyone admired her. He could never let anything hurt her.

"I'll be performing at live performance area in college tonight"

He said.

"I'll be waiting for you"

For a moment she finally realized that her bestfriend had already left her. There, stunned under the blooming cherry blossom trees.

She knows from somewhere. That blooming trees refers to love, hope, youth and growth. Something that certainly beatify. Something that beautiful and bright, as before, when she felt the love that filled with sincerity, purity and happiness.

But that feels is already long gone. 

Now, she just felt a deep pain in her chest. Making her no longer could think that love is something that brings happiness.

And even though these trees fall and return to bloom over and over again, she wasn't sure her heart will. After everything she'd been through.

Victoria catched her breath as she turned to walk another way. Back to her lone-self. Back to enjoy whatever she could enjoy this morning though she couldn't feel anything but hurt in her chest for now. Until she found a familiar figure, standing in front of her, which is makes her get a mini-heart attack.

It's almost impossible to not recognize the figure's existence wherever she is. The gorgeous girl with a perfect figure and long brown hair that fell perfectly without even trying. Her beautiful little eyes that curved to an eyesmile every time she laugh and her sweet husky voice that could make everyone adored her. 

The girl stood there. Wearing a jacket with her favorite color who makes herself known as the lady in pink.

"Victoria-ssi,"

The girl looks a little anxious as she tried to talk. But she also looks to have been waiting for Victoria.

"By any chance,"

Victoria waited for the girl to continue her words.

"Would you like to have coffee with me?"

 


 

Hi guys!

I don't know what happened to me, but i finally decided to make this fanfic into few chapters (cause' at first, i said this would only be a one-shot) ^^

I actually haven't decided yet what would happen with its ending. but I promise you it will be a happy ending! (Though I don't promise about who's gonna end up with who)

There's few additional cast so I also add some tags ^^

I'm new here so hope you guys understand, and give a lot of advices ><

Suggestions and comments will be accepted with pleasure :))

Hope you guys like it ^^

P.S. Once again, not an expert in english. Sorry for mistakenness and bad grammar x(