Flowers

Spring

"Cheers everyone!!"

Victoria heard people clinking their glasses when she entered the room where the party was held. Loud music pounding along with a crowd of people dancing and chatter all over the place. 

It's been 3 months since she take her first step in Seoul, Korea. After  she accepted at one of the most popular arts university in eastern Asia, along with her one and only childhood friend, Zhoumi. Being a foreigner in a huge metropolitan city in neighboring country was pretty terrific for them but yet considered as somehow lucky. They weren't the only foreigners there though. So they didn't need to try that hard to make some friends. 

And that's why she was there. Stood awkwardly on the edge of the crowd, looking for someone who made her brought herself to the one of the spacious party venues in Gangnam. 

That night was actually a celebration party for her roommate's friends who got a scholarship to LA, California. At first, Victoria refused to attend the party. But because her roommate insisted, Victoria didn't have a choice. After all, there's no invitation. So anyone could come. 

"Vic? Oh! There you are!"

Victoria turned to long black haired girl with a thin figure that always reminds her of a doe. A beautiful one of course.

"Where have you been??"

The girl asked, putting her thin arm around the Victoria's shoulders.

"I just got here,"

She replied. 

That's Im Yoona. An overactive playful girl and Victoria's first roommate in her first year of college that have been with her for past 3 months. She's her senior. Nevertheless, she was very kind and cheerful. Even for a foreign freshman like her.

"Here, here, let's meet those California girls, shall we?"

Yoona carried Victoria's stiff shoulder into the crowd. Passing bunch of  people on the dance floor. It's kind new for Victoria. She'd never gone to anything like this before. She chose to spent almost all of her high school years to study and practice to get into university which she dreamed rather than partying with her friends back in her hometown. So all of these things kind of makes her feel a little uncomfortable and hardly fit in. 

They both arrived at one of the tables, which surrounded by a lot of people. And Victoria knows that's where the party owner's at. She saw two beautiful girls there. The one has a really beautiful golden blonde, and the other one is brunette.

"It's them! Jessica-yah, Tiffany-yah!"

Yes, it's them. The two lucky girls who gets a scholarship to the USA related to their talents and abilities in the field of fashion industry. They are well known. One of the prettiest girls in entire University. Quite a contrast compared to a hometown girl like Victoria.

"It's Victoria Song. My roommate. I'm sure i've mentioned her before"

The blonde one smiled and bowed to Victoria, but quickly turned her attention on the crowd of people who was talking to her. It was kind of cold but also understandable seeing a lot of people who throw a lot of compliments and questions on the two girls. But not for the brunette.

"So you're that Victoria?? I heard about you a lot! I'm Tiffany by the way, Nice to meet you!"

The girl who claimed to be a Tiffany shook Victoria's hands with a beautiful eyesmile. But before they could chat more, people had returned to converge the two girls. Forcing Victoria to back off. The Tiffany girl waved to her with a smile before she sank back into the crowd. 

"Well. Tonight is their night"

Yoona said, scratching the back of her head. 

"What if we meet my other friends? I saw them gathered there" she pointed at the bar. 

Victoria let herself carried by her roommate toward the bar. There are not as crowded as the main table or the dance floor. So it's quite a relief for Victoria. Well, it just until she realized Yoona took her to a crowd of boys at the edge of the bar. Make her assumes that they are "friends" who Yoona talked about.

"Yah! Taecyeon oppa!"

One of the muscular men there react to Yoona's call. And turned out to be the tall and tan-skinned man, who were sipping his drink, before he stand up and smiled right at them. 

"Yoona-yah, what's up? And who you bring there?"

The man definitely put his attention to the unfamiliar girl behind. Yoona snorted softly.

"She's my roommate now. A freshman. She's from China" 

Yoona's friend widened his eyes and then he nodded. 

"Hello. I'm Taecyeon. And you are?"

"I'm Victoria. Victoria Song. Nice to meet you" 

Victoria replied nervously. 

"Your Korean is quite nice. How long have you been in Korea?" 

"3 months"

The man stared in amazement and clapped his hands. 

"Are you serious? You're good!"

Victoria smiled and looked down modestly. She felt it wasn't worth it yet to accept compliments because she knows it's not that good. Even her hard work of studied and practices every night may be produces a fairly good results.

"It's nothing"

The young man grinned. 

"It's something! I know someone. He's foreign like you. He has been around for awhile but believe me, he's much worse"

Taecyeon took another sip of his drink. 

"There he is .. Yah! Kid! Over here!"

Victoria was sure that her breath was tangled in when she saw a couple of big brown eyes, walking towards them. And maybe then she knows that she will never forget those eyes for the rest of her life.

"Nickhun-ah! Here, let me introduce you to someone,"

Victoria never thought that she will never forget that night. The night where she first saw those eyes, and the first time that young man curled his smile for her. It's the night when the first time she met him. That prince-like-guy, which captivated her and pulled her into those beautiful eyes. 

"I'm    Nichkhun Horvejkul. Nice to meet you"

And slowly changed her life.

.

.

.

Victoria sat there in front of the girl who once she met. The girl from the past. The owner of those beautiful eyesmile. She didn't know her well. But she knew she was a nice girl. And she became more beautiful since the last Victoria saw her at the party, 2 years ago. On the same night the first time she met him.

Stephanie Hwang or that everyone knows as Tiffany, a carefree, out-going and confident girl, who loved by many people, had just returned from LA about a month ago, when the snow was still falling in Seoul. She has completed her studies in USA and now, she returned.

"So," 

Tiffany sat there groggily. Trying to hide her discomfort. And it was a little surprised for Victoria to see the awkwardness from the most confident girl she'd ever seen.

"I've been looking for you for the past few days"

The girl in a pink jacket was trying to smile awkwardly while tucked her hairs behind her ear.

"And fortunately, i found you here. I'm glad I got a chance to talk to you right now"

Victoria couldn't deny that she also felt awkward. In front of her now, sitting a girl, the loved one of the young man who used to be the most precious person for her. She didn't have any choice but feel uncomfortable. 

"So, how's everything? have you been well?"

Victoria knew Tiffany was trying so hard to talk to her. They never really talked. They only met once. But that doesn't mean she doesn't know Tiffany at all. She heard a lot about Tiffany from her ex-roommate, Yoona. And she knew that in fact, Tiffany is an old friend of him, long ago before Victoria met the young man.

That's what she thought she knew before the news reached her ears, 2 weeks ago.

Victoria wasn't supposed to feel hurt when she looked at the girl's eyes. She had to let it go. And she should have been done it since a long time ago.

"Tiffany-yah"

She knew the reason why Tiffany came to see her. She knew the girl may feel anxious. But everything's over and she felt, there is nothing to be discussed about. They're done. Nothing else left.

"Between me and Nichkhun-ssi, it was already over"

Tiffany smiled slightly as she sipped her drink. Victoria expecting a sigh of relief from her. But what she gets is a calmness, as if she already knew what Victoria would say.

"I know,"

Tiffany said.

"I mean, I just found out recently, what actually happened between you two"

Victoria inhales as her stomach turns. She wasn't sure what she just found. What happened between them? What exactly happened? Victoria didn't know that those words will hurt more than she expected. 

"He told me everything, Victoria-ssi"

Tiffany put the cup slowly, causing little twang between the cup and its plate.

"I'm sorry"

.

.

.

Everything turned out well.

On her second year at college, Victoria was given the title as one of the most talented girl in the whole department of dance. As an outstanding sophomore, she received so many attention. Including some producers and directors. Everything was perfect.

At least, that's what it looks from the outside.

For Victoria, all of these is nothing more than a huge room which makes her more lonely. She doesn't have many friends. There's so many people are attracted to her. But none of them dared to approach. It was all because she was different. Because she comes from another country. So, they never even try to be her friend by a reason of the language barrier. And all of the awards and titles just made it worse.

Everything changed even more worse after Yoona moved out. She has graduated and no longer live in that place. Which means Victoria had to lived alone in her dorm until she has a new roommates.

However, Victoria still got a few friends. First, It's her one and only childhood friend, her few Chinese friends and last but not least, a beautiful young man who has filled her life over the past year.

The young man. The prince-like guy, the owner of those beautiful big brown eyes. The young man who also came from abroad. The young man that brought a huge change in her life. She felt that her life became more colorful, since he was there. Everything works well when he was there. And everything would be fine if he was there.

And the day finally came. The day where it all started. In early spring, under the blooming trees. The young man confessed his love for her. 

And everything seemed to change. 

She finally got her new roommates. The first ones was a boyish-short-haired girl that people would think as a boy (though Victoria considers her as a sweet girl) and a tanned petite girl with an angel's voice. Then came the last two girls, the giant baby girl with the cutest eyesmile ever and a chic and sophisticated girl known as Jessica's little sister.

Her life seemed to bloom like flowers in spring after she accepted the young man's feelings. He slowly replaced her bestfriend to pick her up every morning in front of her dorm. He replaced all of her friends who usually accompanied her every lunch or after classes. And since then, they become inseparable. Everyone envied them every time they walked through the hallway. Everyone would stare at them with a look of awe every time they were together. They became the most lovely couple in entire university.

Now, that's what called perfect.

Every single person praised her. They always said how perfect Victoria was. She received many rewards for having such a talent. She has a beautiful body, face like a doll, amazing roommates, and don't forget, a perfect prince boyfriend who always at her side. There's nothing she didn't have.

And perhaps from there, she started to felt greedy.

She worked harder and harder to maintain all of her titles. And one day, Victoria was elected to be a student who will represent the university to perform overseas.

And it was like a dream come true.

She was happy. And all of her friends were also happy with her. Even her parents back home were very proud and happy. It was her dream to become a performer. To dance in front of many people. To dance in front of the world. She won't disappoint everyone. She promised. She won't disappoint the people she loved. She won't let the director who choose her down. 

And since then, she was practicing like a madman.

She never returned home before midnight. She spends all her time to practices. No more days off. No weekends. There's is no time to play. No time for lunch with friends. No time to drink coffee in the morning. There's not even time for a date with her prince boyfriend. She's getting more busy when she was flown to various countries to represent their university. She worked day and night. And for her that time, there is no time to spare. She stopped contacting her friends. She stopped contacting her childhood friend. She stopped contacting her parents. Even She stopped contacting her lovable boyfriend.

Everyone worried. Even the director concerned with the situation. Victoria turned into something that not human. She was blind. And everyone knew it was wrong. Therefore, the director gave her a days off. He gave her free time. However, she chose not to take it. She chose to keep practicing on her days off. Even in new year, in which all her friends back to their hometown, Victoria chose to settle in Seoul. Her childhood friend, Zhoumi, promised to prepare tickets and everything if Victoria is willing to go home with him. But she eventually blew it away.

Everything was perfect. Everything was according to her plan. Everything was exactly like she dreamed of.

Until she received a single call.

A call from her childhood friend, who was in their hometown that time. A call that woken her from all her dreams come true.

She heard that her father passed away. Her father had been ill for all this time. Her father had been suffering from a severe illness while she was gone. While she achieve all of her dreams. And she didn't know at all. She never know.

It destroyed everything. All her dreams, all her titles. It destroys herself. And everything around her started to collapse.

She spent days in her hometown after her father's funeral. Leaving all her practices. Leaving all her pride. Even she resigned for being an university representative. She realized her arrogance. She realized her greed. And she regretted even though she knew she was too late to regret.

When she returned to Seoul, rumors have spread throughout the university. Everyone knows about the news that said she chose her predicate as a representative of the university and her obsession, instead of visiting her sick father. Now, everyone who praised turned to taunted her. She lost her friends. She lost her titles. And he began to look for what's left. And it was her lovable boyfriend. Her one and only. Her prince.

She looked for him and she found nothing but the absence of the young man that she loved. She found that the young man got a chance to participate in a student exchange to Japan for 2 months. She didn't know at all. She never know.

And she has ruined. All her dreams, all her pride, all her friends, her father, the young man she loved, everything was gone. But there's something that she still had. She had some people who were on her side. She still got her roommates, her girls, who turned out was still care about her. And don't forget her childhood friend, the one she had forgotten, the one she has ignored but remained at her side until today.

Victoria started to re-arrange her life. She began to change, with the help of her roommates and her childhood friend. She slowly turned back into human. Back as usual. Back to her old self, before blinded by greed. Now she became a better person. She began to re-pursue her dream. People around her stopped taunted over time. Everything's back to normal. Even better than normal. However, there's only one which hasn't been returned.

She realized her mistake. And she knew that she might have hurt the young man she loved. She remembered how the young man and her were in love before she chose to ignored her world and chose her dream. She regret leaving her only one. And until that time, she still didn't heard anything about him. She didn't know where he is or how to reach him. She didn't even know what he looks like now. 

But she waited. She waited for the young man. And he actually returned. He had just returned from Japan. A month ago, when the snow was still falling in Seoul. Victoria glad to hear it, though on the other hand she felt uneasy. She needs to prepare herself. She needs to be ready to be reunited with the young man. To admit her mistake. To say she was sorry. To rebuild what she has left behind. She just found the right time, before the spring comes. But fate says otherwise.

Two weeks ago, right before she was going to meet the young man, she heard that the young man she loved had had someone else.

She is the girl she knew from the past. The brunette girl who greeted and smiled at her on the same night as the first time she met with the young man.

Her heart was broken into pieces, of course. But somehow, she knew it was coming. She knows this is the repay of her actions in the past. And she learned not to regret.

So, she tried to forget everything. She tried to let it go. She tried to forget those beautiful brown eyes. She tried to forget his touches. Kisses. The way he laughed, the way his lips curled up into a smile. All the memories are written in their book.

And when the day comes, where the young man and she promised to meet. Under the same tree, in the same season as the first time the young man asked her out. She was ready. She was ready to let go.

"Although after all this time, the feeling of happiness when I see you smile will never change, Nichkhun-ssi"

She closed her eyes again, and took a heavy and painful breath that she ever had.

It was hard to say goodbye. To let go what you love the most.

"Farewell"

.

.

.

"It's not your fault. There's nothing to sorry about"

Victoria replied to the girl in front of her as she sipped her own drink. She had let go. and she didn't regret it.

"What happened to our relationship, it happened in the past. It has passed and now, he's with you. There is nothing to worry about"

Victoria watched Tiffany drew her breath slowly. And Victoria realized how beautiful she was. Even just by the way she drew her breath. She looks like a princess. A Princess who deserve to be with a prince. Her prince.

"I'm happy for you two. I truly am"

Victoria smiled. One of her real smile for the past few days. And this time he didn't feel hurt at all. She actually felt relieved. She's happy.

"Thank you, Victoria-ssi"

Victoria and Tiffany smiled at each other. They both have release their anxiety. And now, what's left is a  relief. Victoria has truly let go of everything. She just let the young man who she loved be happy with someone else. And it's nothing but a big relief for her. She no longer felt pain. no regret.

It was getting late and the sun began to set. Victoria and Tiffany had finished their drinks and it's time to leave. 

"It's getting late. Why don't we have dinner? I'll have dinner with Khun this evening, we will be happy if you're willing to come with us" 

Tiffany said. Then, Victoria smiled.

"Thank you. But I have an appointment" 

She answered. Tiffany looked at her disappointed. But the she nodded. 

"Too bad. Do you have a dinner with someone else?" 

Victoria smiled again, but this time with a shake. 

"I have to watch someone at live performance area in college" 

Tiffany widened his eyes and smiled.

"Alright then. Thank you for today. Let's meet again, okay?"

Victoria replied with a nod. Then she watched the pink-jaket girl went away, waving her hand. And now she began to walk toward her way.

She once wasted the best thing that ever happened in her life. She had left something important for her. She had chosen the wrong path and She has regretted it. But she didn't want to regret it for a second time. 

So, now she understand. Now she knows that what's important for her. She has realized that the most important thing for her has been there, right by her side all along. And she wasn't going to let it slip away ever again.

That day was the day in early spring. where new trees are blooming.

And now she is ready to bloom like those flowers.

And walked toward the new day.

 


 

Hey! How are you guys? 

First, thank you for giving comments, suscribed and upvoted. Sorry I need sometime time to update ^^

This is the last chapter for this story. Sorry if there is a typos, mistakes, bad grammar and such (not expert in english) so please be understanding ^^

This is also my first post on this website. Thank for your support to this story :) and let's be friends ^^