Chapter 2: No Attention

Our Dearest Sister [Currently Being Re-Written]

A/N: I had re-written this so I hope that you can re-read this. Thank you! 


Waking up to the sound of nothing was her typical morning. She laid up in bed, allowing her right hand to ball up in a fist and rub both of her eyes, while her left hand scratched her head and anywhere else she thought was itchy.

 

Hyunsoo didn't even have to look at the clock to know that it was five in the morning.

 

Pulling the charcoal colored duvet off of her, she swung her legs off the bed and stood up to stretch. Hyunsoo walked towards her door to turn on the light, illuminating her once darkened room with light.

 

She hissed and rubbed at her eyes, as they had to adjust to the bright light. Blinking repeatedly to gain back her focus, she headed towards her walk in closet to find her school uniform. Once Hyunsoo found it, she smiled at how amazing the colors blended nicely together to get a fiery maroon tint to it. Hanging onto her uniform, Hyunsoo went deeper into the closet to find matching shoes and any other necessary accessories.

 

After five minutes of fighting with herself to either follow the dress code or not, Hyunsoo decided to not follow the dress code. She hated wearing skirts and anything related to one. And the school uniform for girls required them to wear skirts. Hyunsoo would rather die before wearing the same thing all the other girls are wearing. So she hung her finished outfit on the wall to admire it before going into the bathroom to take a nice hot shower.

 

By the time she got out it was six. Hyunsoo didn't want to screw up her new uniform, because her brothers would do that, so she opted to change into a clean loose graphic design sleeveless shirt and pajama pants.

 

Hyunsoo made her way down the hallway quietly as to not wake some of her brothers just yet. When she came to the balcony that overlooked the apartment, she scanned the entire first floor to see if anybody was down there. There wasn't. But there was a light coming from the kitchen, and Hyunsoo smiled at that. Must be Jin Oppa.

 

Keeping her smile on her face, Hyunsoo stealthily made her way towards the kitchen to see Jin. She knew that he got up early to cook breakfast for her and her other brothers, however for some reason she didn't smell anything cooking.

 

Hyunsoo peeked through the doorway to see if he was actually cooking or not. But the scene she is now looking at didn't really surprise her either.

 

Jin was on the kitchen counter with arms wrapped around Kidoh's neck, while Kidoh was in between his legs and arms s around Jin's waist. They are making out pretty passionately... Hyunsoo thought. I should probably stop them before they take it too far, plus I'm hungry. Having a made up mind, Hyunsoo took in a deep breath and with a loud voice said, “Jin Oppa, whatcha cooking?” while barging right into the kitchen, making her presence known.

 

Jin jumped out of Kidoh's arms and off the counter with a deep red blush on his surprised face. Kidoh, on the other hand, just had a look of disappointment for a split second. But that mere second was more than enough time for Hyunsoo to catch it. Poor Kidoh...you can have Jin all to yourself again soon, Hyunsoo thought while looking a tiny bit apologetic.

 

“O-oh h-hi H-hyunnie. W-what are you doing here?” Jin asked.

 

Hyunsoo knew that Jin only stuttered when he was extremely embarrassed. She thought that he would be over the fact that she has them kissing on them multiple times already and didn't really care what they did as long as she didn't witness anything more than that.

 

Hyunsoo smiled widely at Jin and whined, “Jin oppa don't you know what time it is...” she looked over at the clock. “It's 6:05 and you know that's when I come down here to eat.”

 

Jin looked over at the clock and it did say that it was 6:05 and he didn't even make Hyunsoo her breakfast! Jin quickly apologized to Hyunsoo and gave an apologetic look to Kidoh. Kidoh waved it off saying “It's fine," and with that Jin began to make breakfast for them and his other brothers.

 

Hyunsoo went into the living room, sat down on the big couch, and grabbed the remote to turn on the news. She wanted to know what exactly is going on to avoid trouble on her first day of school. Just when the weather person was giving the forecast, Hyunsoo heard a few doors close shut and glanced over to see Rome come staggering down the hallway and Siwoo coming down the stairs with Henry and Changmin not too far behind.

 

“Morning sleepy heads,” Hyunsoo greeted her oppas.

 

Changmin looked in Hyunsoo's direction with half opened eyes. “Shut it lark, it's too early to be that happy.” Hyunsoo rolled her eyes at Changmin.

 

Even when half asleep Changmin still manages to be feisty, Hyunsoo thought.

 

She laughed a little to herself.

 

Everyone, that was already awake, gathered to watch the news. It was a comfortable silence, besides the sound of the TV, which loomed over the siblings.

 

Hyunsoo broke the silence by asking, “Did you guys already take your showers?”

 

Everyone chorused a yes as a reply. Hyunsoo smiled at herself, again, and looked at the digital clock on the stand by the couch. It read 6:30.

 

Well gotta go wake up Taehyung oppa, Hyunsoo thought.

 

With that in mind, she slapped her hands on both sides of her on the couch to push herself off it. Nobody wondered what Hyunsoo was standing up for because it was always the same.

 

To wake up Taehyung.

 

Hyunsoo made her journey up the stairs and when she was on the landing she heard Jin call and said that breakfast was ready. She groaned in irritation because she was the only one that was able to wake Taehyung up.

 

She walked down the hallway and turned left at the second room. She opened the door to see Taehyung spread all over his bed, duvet just handing on his feet, and some pillows on the floor.

 

Typical, she thought.

 

Hyunsoo went over to stand next to Taehyung's face and she shook her head while wondering how they were related. She sighed before grabbing the sheets on his bed and pulling them up quickly.

 

Taehyung rolled off the bed with a huge thud and was still asleep. Hyunsoo then proceeded over towards his connecting bathroom, got a medium size bowl and filled it with ice cold water. She stepped out of the bathroom and made her way towards Taehyung.

 

Hyunsoo pulled her arm back and quickly slapped Taehyung in the face with the freezing water. Taehyung sat up with a start and looked over to see Hyunsoo wearing a fake smile.

 

“What the hell Hyunsoo?! Why do you keep pouring ing ice cold water over me?! And how do I always end up on the floor?!” Taehyung bombarded Hyunsoo with questions.

 

Hyunsoo rolled her eyes at his attitude. “You better get yourself into the shower because it's the first day of school and I know how much you wanted to see your Kookie, am I right Tae. Hyung. Op. Pa?”

 

Taehyung just glared at his little sister before he stood up and stomped his way towards his bathroom.

 

“Hurry up before everyone else eats all the breakfast!” she yelled after Taehyung. Hyunsoo, then, went back downstairs, walked across the living room and opened the door to the dining room, which is where she greeted Donghae, Yoongi, and Youngbae. They all greeted her back with either a “morning” or a “hey”.

 

Hyunsoo took her place at the table, before digging into her already placed plate of deliciousness. God I love Jin oppa's food, she thought. But not as much as Jaejoong's.

 

Hyunsoo didn't see Kidoh anywhere when she scanned the table and Jin was sitting across from her, so she guessed that Kidoh went home. Just as she was getting back to eating, Taehyung burst through the dining room door, startling everyone enough to make them jump.

 

“Have any of you guys seen where my uniform is?!” Taehyung asked panicked.

 

Hyunsoo sighed in disappointment. “Oppa it's in your closet. Hanging up on the wall.”

 

Everyone snickered at Taehyung's embarrassed faced and started to before he settled in his place and started eating. After about ten minutes, her brothers started to get up and wash their own dishes before heading back to their rooms to get ready for the day. Hyunsoo followed their lead and went back to her room to get dressed.

 

After she stepped out of her closet, she walked over to look at herself in the full length mirror on her wall. She posed in the mirror and she fixed anything that needed to be fixed. She loosened her tie and ed the very first button of her dress shirt because it was choking her. Hyunsoo rolled and cuffed her sleeves until her forearms were showing. She straightened out her pants to get the wrinkles out. Fixed her matching bracelet and watch on her left wrist. And finally after placing her pearl maroon snapback on her head, Hyunsoo flattened and brushed her bangs aside to get the out of her face.

 

Grabbing her backpack on her way out of her door, she slightly twisted around to turn off the light and close her door. Glancing at her watch, Hyunsoo found out that it was 7:15. She and her oppas were going to be late for the first day back to school!

 

Hyunsoo began pounding on Taehyung, Siwoo, Changmin, and Henry's doors shouting, “Yah! Guys hurry up or we'll be late to school!” She paused a little. “And I know that you guys are ready to see your boyfriends already so hurry up!” Hyunsoo teased.

 

By the time she made it to the main floor, her oppas were right behind her fixing their hair and uniforms. Hyunsoo's and her oppas' uniforms were exactly the same, except Hyunsoo is really supposed to be wearing something else entirely.

 

“Come on oppas. I want to have time to say hi to your friends, to the other oppas and still have time to find Amber,” Hyunsoo said while getting into her cream colored shoes. Her oppas followed after her muttering how they weren't going to be late and all.

 

They said their goodbyes to their other brothers that were in the house and then made their way to Marble Rose high school.

 

The group of siblings didn't have to walk far, for their apartment was a couple blocks from the school.

 

“We told you we weren't going to be late and that we didn't have to leave the house that early Hyunsoo,” Henry said while yawning.

 

“Yes we did Henry oppa,” stated Hyunsoo. “Because like I said earlier, I want to see Jaejoong, Yesung, and Heechul oppas. Also I want to say hi to your friends and find Amber before the opening ceremony.”

 

Not one of her brothers could argue with their baby sister because it would be pointless.

 

“And besides I know that you guys are dying to see either your boyfriends or your crushes,” teased Hyunsoo. Immediately all of her brothers had a shade of light pink blooming on their faces and hid them by looking anywhere besides Hyunsoo's direction.

 

Hyunsoo just chuckled at her oppas' adorableness.

 

They finally made it to the front gates and right before stepping into the school yard, Hyunsoo noticed that her brothers put on some kind of facades that weren't like their previous adorableness and childlike attitudes. These facades that her brothers put on were most likely for the students in their high school.

 

Hyunsoo wasn't dense enough to not know about her brothers.

 

She already knew how incredibly good looking they all were because of several occasions when she observed how other people gazed and acted around her brothers. Not just around Henry, Siwoo, Taehyung and Changmin, but also around her other ten brothers.

 

A quiet sigh left Hyunsoo's lips. She guessed that the reason as to why her brothers were walking into the school's courtyard with so much confidence and coolness was because of all the stares that they were currently receiving from the student population.

 

"Hyunsoo what are you doing?"

 

Hyunsoo didn't even notice that her brothers were already halfway towards the school building, while she still stood at the front entrance gates with people passing by her. She quickly shook her head to not think of anything else and to clear out all her thoughts on the subject.

 

Stepping through the gates, the slightly shocked gasps and muffled whispers didn't go unnoticed by Hyunsoo as she began to jog towards her awaiting brothers.

 

The sudden hand on Hyunsoo's head had her smiling as Henry's ruffling faded to a soft patting of the head. "Stick with us so you don't get lost. God only knows what would happen if hyungs found out if we let you get lost on your first day."

 

At the mention of the older hyungs, the four brothers shivered at the thought. However, even though Hyunsoo loves her brothers deeply, she just wanted to say hi to their friends, see her other brothers, and then find her best friend. She didn't completely depend on them on the very first day. Especially with all the attention they are receiving.

 

"Yah, I will only stay with you guys until I find Amb-"

 

The abruptness of a body crashing into hers made Hyunsoo stop mid-sentence. She caught the person's body and staggered back a little to regain her balance. She could hear small gasps and whispers and also see shocked expressions from the students that were previously staring at her and her brothers.

 

Once Hyunsoo turned her attention back to her attacker, she couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips.

 

Her attacker was none other than her best friend in the entire world: Amber Liu.

 

“Oh my god I can't believe I found you!” Amber half shouted and half squealed, while squeezing the life out of Hyunsoo. “I thought I was gonna be all alone and rot somewhere!” Amber continued, being dramatic as always.

 

Hyunsoo painfully wrapped her arms around Amber. “Yeah nice to see you too Amber” Hyunsoo wheezed out.

 

“Oh God! Sorry about that Hyunnie,” Amber apologized while distancing herself away from Hyunsoo, but not letting her go.

 

“It's ok Amber.” Hyunsoo looked at Amber up and down. Amber had her sandy brown hair in her favorite snapback and was practically wearing what Hyunsoo was wearing except for Amber had personally styled hers out. Basically Amber thought the same thing Hyunsoo thought: no way in hell were they going to wear skirts. No wonder they were best friends. They thought too much alike. It was scary.

 

Hyunsoo laughed and realized Amber was sizing her up as well and she began laughing too. Taehyung, Siwoo, Henry, and Changmin couldn't understand them but they smiled anyway.

 

Amber then turned to Siwoo, Changmin, Henry, and Taehyung. “How's it goin' guys? Long time no see,” Amber said causally while high fiving and hugging them.

 

"Didn't we see you like last week?" Changmin asked, raising an eyebrow at Amber as she settled back at Hyunsoo's side.

 

Amber laughed at the observation. "Has it been that long? I haven't even noticed."

 

Seeing as though Hyunsoo found Amber, she was beginning to pull Amber away so that they can get away from her brothers. She wasn't really liking all the attention her brothers brought with them. The constant stares were making Hyunsoo anxious for an unknown reason.

 

Hyunsoo knew that she should be used to the constant attention, but ever since she was younger she never loved the spotlight. Despite the love and attention she gained from her parents and older brothers, the unknown stares from strangers brought unwanted attention and that made Hyunsoo not like being the focus of attention anywhere.

 

An arm wrapping itself over Hyunsoo's shoulders and bringing her into a hug, had taken the previous feeling of anxiousness away… if only for a moment.

 

The sensation of multiple bodies surrounding Hyunsoo, made her release a breath she didn't know she was holding. Once the group hug separated, Hyunsoo was face to face with Taehyung's group of friends.

 

“Take a picture Hyunnie, it will last longer,” J-hope a.k.a Hoseok teased.

 

Hyunsoo could only roll her eyes as J-Hope began his teasing. Her worry of gaining attention was completely forgotten as she responded with, "I would rather go a museum and take pictures there. They have much more interesting old things to take pictures of."

 

Everyone in their little circle snickered as J-Hope was holding his hand over his chest in mock offense. "Just so you know Hyunsoo this," he indicated to his face. "is the definition of young. If you look up the word 'young' in the dictionary my face will be there."

 

"Not in my dictionary you're not," Hyunsoo said as she bit back a grin.

 

J-Hope huffed as he was also trying to hold back from laughing. But he couldn't anymore after mere seconds and his loud laugh echoed in the courtyard. "God, I love when you have witty comebacks Hyunsoo," J-Hope said as he took off her hat to ruffle her hair.

 

"Yah! Why did you do that?" Hyunsoo whined while fixing her hair. Namjoon was the one who snatched Hyunsoo's hat back from the laughing J-Hope on the ground. Namjoon proceeded over towards Hyunsoo and placed her hat back on her head.

 

"Thank you Namjoon," Hyunsoo smiled grateful at the elder, while also shooting daggers at the still laughing J-Hope.

 

"No problem kid," the small smile he sent towards Hyunsoo, made a lot of girls swoon at the mere sight of it. Hyunsoo looked confusedly around her at the sound of things falling on the ground and found actual girls were passed out on the ground.

 

Just before Hyunsoo could question that, Jungkook came up to hug Hyunsoo and afterwards scurried towards where the rest of his friends were, including Taehyung.

 

Hyunsoo sent Taehyung a smirk while nodding towards Jungkook. All she got in return was a look as if he was trying to flip her off, but he couldn't without all these people seeing him do such a thing.

 

Speaking of all these people, Hyunsoo remembered all the attention she and her brothers were getting. That anxious feeling was coming back, little by little.

 

She saw that Taehyung disappeared with his friends inside the school building, and so she began to make her way over to Amber so that they could also get going and away from the attention.

 

But another pair of arms encircled themselves around Hyunsoo, before she could let out a surprised scream, her face was met with a derpy look from Siwoo's friend Kang Jun. Hyunsoo swallowed the scream she was about to let out, and put on the best smile that she could managed.

 

“No fair! Why are you the only one getting a hug from Hyunnie, Kang Jun?!” whined Kang Jun's boyfriend Ray.

 

“Because she likes me more,” Kang Jun said while sticking his tongue out at Ray. Ray pouted and Kang Jun immediately separated himself to kiss away his boyfriend's pout. But Ray wasn't going to let him and was too quick because Ray avoided Kang Jun's kiss and ran straight into Hyunsoo's arms, enveloping her in a hug.

 

“Oh gosh I missed your hugs Hyunnie!” Ray sighed contently.

 

“What about my hugs?!” Kang Jun complained.

 

“They are so-so,” Ray replied with a teasing smile and twisting his hand from side to side, letting go of Hyunsoo in the process. Kang Jun stomped his way over to Ray and s his arms around him while whispering things into his ears. Ray blushed a bright red at the things that were mentioned to him.

 

Hyunsoo's brain couldn't keep up with the events that happened in only a few seconds.

 

“Oh get a room, you two,” said T.K. When Siwoo heard T.K's voice, his ears instantly perked up and glanced over at him.

 

T.K.'s voice brought Hyunsoo up to speed and she shifted her eyes over to the elder. T.K smiled softly at Hyunsoo and gave her a one arm hug, but leaned towards her ear to whisper something.

 

“Siwoo looks really good today, Hyunnie.”

 

The whispered confession had Hyunsoo mirroring the elder's soft smile. “I know right. I was wondering why but then I thought that it was maybe because of a certain someone,” Hyunsoo hinted, nudging him in the side.

 

She saw a slight blush sweep across his cheeks and continued to say, “When are you going to confess to him? You already know he likes you too, so what's stopping you?”

 

“Nothing is stopping me. Really," T.K. assured at the pointed look Hyunsoo gave him. "I ... maybe, possibly, sorta will by the end of this year,” T.K stated hesitantly.

 

Hyunsoo brightened up at this and stuck her pinky finger out, “Promise.”

 

“Promise,” T.K chuckled, while wrapping his pinky around hers.

 

Hyunsoo looked over to see that Kang Jun and Ray were talking to Siwoo already. She also noticed Siwoo taking glances at her and T.K. every few seconds.

 

"I think that Siwoo oppa is getting antsy. Go over to him," Hyunsoo whispered. He glanced up at Siwoo only to catch him in his act of staring. This brought on a pale pink dusting Siwoo's cheeks and a gentle smile on T.K.'s lips.

 

A slight squeeze to Hyunsoo's shoulder told her that he was going over first. Hyunsoo nodded and watched as T.K. casually wrapped his arm around Siwoo and him and his other friends walked off inside the school building.

 

Being left alone, Hyunsoo could feel the students' gazes on her. She felt herself start to shake involuntarily. Not wanting any of these strangers to notice, Hyunsoo tried, as nonchalantly as possible, to hurry towards Changmin, Henry, and Amber who were talking amiably.

 

"Hey Amber, I think we should start looking for the entrance ceremony," Hyunsoo suggested as she made it to her remaining brothers and Amber.

 

Amber turned towards Hyunsoo, nodding her head at the other's idea. As soon as Amber and Hyunsoo were saying goodbye to Henry and Changmin, a pair of long arms wrapped possessively around Henry's body as lips gave a chaste kiss to his cheek. Henry's boyfriend, Zhoumi, bowed his head as a greeting to both Amber and Hyunsoo as he led a blushing Henry into the school.

 

Right after that happened, a cute head popped up besides Changmin and began tugging him towards the building too. Karam waved and said hello to Amber and Hyunsoo before the two disappeared inside the school.

 

Both, Amber and Hyunsoo, could only laugh as they themselves made their way to the opening ceremony.

 

There were no signs to lead them anywhere, so Amber and Hyunsoo walked aimlessly around the school until they would find it. In this time, Hyunsoo took the time to note how grand and expensive Marble Rose seemed. The polished marble floors, to the dark mahogany doors, to the pristine lockers, everything screamed elite.

 

However, the most elite looking thing in the school was the student body. As the duo was making their way down the different hallways, both had grown to notice the insistent stares and whispers thrown at them.

 

Not being able to keep it to herself, Amber nudged Hyunsoo in the side, “Is it just me or are people constantly staring at us?” Amber asked in a low amused voice.

 

Hyunsoo just shrugged her shoulders and smirked, trying not to show her worry from the attention of the stares. If there was one thing she learned from her family, it was not show any weakness in public. Always be confident in the presence of the ones you don't know or trust.

 

At that thought, Hyunsoo answered, “If they want to stare, let them. And if they want to talk about us, let them do that too.”

 

Amber whistled at Hyunsoo's cool words. “That's true. We do look amazing,” Amber said while flipping her invisible long hair.

 

Hyunsoo couldn't keep her smirk as she chuckled at Amber's actions.

 

After walking for a long time, and almost thinking they were lost, they came across the place where the freshman ceremony was being held. Hyunsoo and Amber quickly found seats at the back near the doors, despite for the fact that the ceremony hall wasn't as full as Hyunsoo expected it to be.

 

Not even a minute later an older looking man, probably the principal, came onto the stage to where a podium was. An immediate uproar of chatter and a few cat whistles were heard as people who were following after the elderly man, were young looking men in business causal wear, probably the freshmen homeroom teachers.

 

Hyunsoo felt somewhat bad for the principal who was trying to get the hall to quiet down so that he could start the ceremony. But apparently Amber didn't feel the same way by the way she was laughing next to her.

 

"Yah stop laughing," Hyunsoo nudged her friend's side to get her to stop. "It's bad enough that the principal is having a hard time, stop adding to his burden."

 

Amber's laughs gradually decreased to her breathing deeply to inhale the much needed oxygen. Hyunsoo rolled her eyes, before focusing them back onto the principal introducing the young men as the homeroom teachers.

 

Her eyes slightly widened at three of the names that were said.

 

Park Jungsoo, Park Yoochun, and Kim Kibum.

 

Well it's not like Hyunsoo didn't know that those three also worked at Marble Rose along with her brothers: Heechul, Jaejoong, and Yesung. Yet, it did come as a shock that they were freshmen homeroom teachers.

 

That means that one of them could become my homeroom teacher. Hyunsoo thought.

 

She unconsciously started to slouch in her chair at the thought of one of them being her homeroom teacher. Hyunsoo knew them for as long as she was born because those three were her brothers' friends. She grew up with them, so she was just afraid that they would give her special treatment because she wasn't a normal student.

 

Amber happened to look over at her friend to see that she was slouching in her chair and staring deeply into the chair in front of her. She tapped Hyunsoo on the thigh to gain her attention. Once she had it, Amber leaned over and whispered, “What's wrong?”

 

Hyunsoo looked at Amber's slightly concerned face. “I know some of those teachers. They are Heechul, Jaejoong, and Yesung's friends,” stated Hyunsoo.

 

Amber gave her best friend a confused face, before a lightbulb went off in her head. "Are you worried that they would treat you differently if we get them? Or are you worried of the attention that you would gain from those teachers knowing you?"

 

Hyunsoo stared wide eyed at her best friend. How did Amber know that she was worried about that?

 

Amber saw the surprised expression on Hyunsoo's face and turned her body towards the other. "Hyunnie, you are my best friend. Did you really think I didn't notice your uncomfortableness when people were staring at us in the hallways? Or how you were slightly trembling? Hyunsoo, I know that you don't like unwanted attention, especially from strangers in this school. I can spot you being anxious from miles away and I am right by your side to take on the constant stares we receive because of our hot looks."

 

Hyunsoo chuckled softly at the end of Amber's reassurance and smiled gratefully at her. The duo turned back to listen to the rest of the ceremony.

 

About an hour later, Hyunsoo and Amber were the first ones out of the ceremony hall to wait for their class.

 

"Hyunsoo I am SO glad we are in the same homeroom. I wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't with you," Amber sighed as she latched onto Hyunsoo's arm.

 

"There, there my little llama," Hyunsoo rubbed Amber's head.

 

At the pet name Amber jumped away from Hyunsoo and gave her a small pout. "Yah! I told you not to call me that."

 

Hyunsoo pulled Amber back towards her so that Amber doesn't get too far away. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry … Llama," the hit to the arm as Hyunsoo was snickering wasn't as hard as Hyunsoo knew Amber could hit.

 

"Humph," Amber pouted. "I wonder where our teacher is."

 

"Yeah me too," Hyunsoo replied as she saw that most of the freshmen class was being led away by their homeroom teachers. Only a group of students and the duo remained standing in front of ceremony hall.

 

The sound of hands clapping together caught the attention of the group of freshmen.

 

"Sorry I was late everyone. I got caught up in a conversation with another teacher."

 

Hyunsoo, whose back was facing her homeroom teacher, turned at the sound of his familiar voice. She saw a corner of the teacher's lips tug upwards into an almost smirk, but it was as though he was holding it back.

 

"Well everyone, I am Park Yoochun, you're homeroom teacher for your freshmen year. Nice to meet you."