Chapter 1

Our Dearest Sister [Currently Being Re-Written]

A/N: I will remind you again that you could skip some parts of this chapter. I will put where. I won't mind at all. Just to warn you. Enjoy~ 


15 years ago…

 

The only source of light that lit the streets was from the brilliant moonlight in the cloudless sky. That was until clouds gathered to hide the precious glow. The quiet, stilled night was soon interrupted by a loud crackle in the air. Followed by a streak of an intense glare. Moments later droplets fell from the sky. Seconds, then minutes passed by and the rain only grew heavier.

 

Everyone was in their homes enjoying the warmth and comfort of their family.

 

Everyone except a certain family. This family was rushing about to get ready and put the things only one specific person needed to have in this situation into the car. Yes, as you must have guessed it, the impatient family, more like the wife and mother, was trying to get to the hospital for the arrival of the new member of their family.

 

“GOD DAMMIT! MY WATER ALREADY BROKE FIFTEEN MINUTES AGO! WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?!”

 

“Calm down honey. You knew that this would happen since we are a family with 14 kids with them being all BOYS,” the husband replied calmly to the distressed wife.

 

“Well HONEY, why are OUR BOYS taking so ING long?! I feel like I’m about to give birth now…” the wife panted out while holding her large stomach. She was trying to regulate her breathing and her STUPID husband was not helping her out in any way.

 

“Don’t worry honey. Even if we don’t make it to the hospital at all, we still have at least one son that is studying to become a doctor. He will help you deliver,” the husband tried to reassure his slightly panicky and slightly pissed off wife.

 

“Why does it sound like you want me to have a home delivery?” questioned the wife. “Do you want me to have one?” by this point the husband was just twiddling with his thumbs and avoiding eye contact with his wife. “Oh My God! You do want me to have one!” accused the wife.

 

“Honey, you shouldn’t start panicking,” the husband stated.

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, honey I think the baby is coming now,” the wife panted out as she slid to the floor. Thunder was heard throughout the house as the wife screamed out in pain.

 

The husband was right by his wife’s side, trying to get her in a comfortable position on the ground. When most of the middle children saw this , some stood around shocked and started to run around the huge apartment, panicking. All the while the younger ones started to cry, loudly with everyone panicking. The heavy rain was thudding against the roof of the house and was mixing in with the chaos in the household.

 

“GUYS PLEASE! STOP PANICKING AND CALM THE HELL DOWN!” yelled the father of the household. “Okay Siwon, Heechul, Jiyong, and Jaejoong please get Henry, Taehyung, Changmin, and Siwoo and take them into the other room to get calmed down. Especially Changmin, he started crying the loudest when everybody started to yell,” nodding at their father’s order, Heechul gently took one of Taehyung's hands and led him out of the living room and into their play room. Following Heechul, Siwon had Henry in his arms and Jiyong walked with Siwoo in his arms. The last to follow was Jaejoong, who was trying to calm the rather loud Changmin.

 

Once the loudest part of the family was out of the living room and away from the pregnant mother and wife, the father exhaled a breath that he didn’t know he was holding. He looked up to see the apartment was chaotic. Some of the furniture was knocked down and the refrigerator door was wide open with some the food spilt on the ground. My god Changmin… why am I not surprised. The husband thought. He was lost in his thoughts until he heard his wife groan out in pain and tug on his arm.

 

“Honey please hurry and get Yesung in here, I need him right now,” exhaled the wife, she could feel the baby moving and her contractions were not helping. The husband shouted Yesung’s name and he came in the living room almost instantly.

 

“Yes fath… oh mother you are about to give birth…” said Yesung with a shocked face and a matter of fact tone.

 

“No ing duh Yesung. You knew this was going to happen once I told you about it eight months ago,” said the mother sarcastically. Once she saw the face Yesung pulled after she said that she instantly took it back.

 

“I’m sorry Yesung. I’m just frustrated that we are all stalling this ING birth. Can you please just help me?” the mother practically pleaded.

 

“Yes mother,” Yesung saluted his mother and took off calling his remaining seven brothers to help him gather his supplies he needed to deliver the baby.

 

About five minutes later, Yesung had all the supplies that he needed. He asked Taewoon to find pillows and blanket to cover the coffee table so their father can carefully move their mother onto it. Yesung had on plastic gloves and a mask on, looking like a professional. He had each of his remaining six brothers holding something that he would need: Donghae was holding blankets and some towels, Yoongi a flashlight, Youngbae a big bowl of warm water with a sponge, and Barom a camera because Yesung didn’t want to miss a single moment. Barom was an expert with a camera, and technology in general, despite his age. Seokjin, however, was standing beside all of them, not holding anything because Yesung could need something fast and Seokjin was there to be the assistant.

 

“Donghae, please lay out two big towels right here where I’m kneeling. Yoongi, I’m going to need you to position the flashlight so that I can see what I’m doing, and Youngbae I need you to wet that sponge to clean off umma’s sweat.” Yesung ordered. The boys did as they were told and Yesung turned towards his mother.

 

(A/N: You can skip this part if needed)

 

“Ok Umma. On the count of three I’m gonna need you to push,” stated Yesung. The mother did push indeed. She was pushing and pushing, squeezing her husband’s hand in the process. Every time she screamed, she would squeeze harder, making her husband grunt and clench his teeth in pain.

 

“Umma, you’re doing great,” Yesung reassured, “I can see the head! Push a little harder Umma.”

 

After her son told her that, she was more determined now than ever before. She put forth all her energy in pushing herself to get her final baby out of her. Yesung cupped his hand under the head to guide the baby out.

 

“Seokjin get a small towel and dab in water, wring it out, and then give it to me,” Yesung calmly ordered. Seokjin did as he was told and gave the damp towel to his hyung. Yesung angled the baby’s head slightly to rid of the fluids and membranes from its airway, and used the damp towel to down the baby’s nose and mouth, cleaning away all the blood. And also cleaning the remaining fluids off its head. After he was done he motioned Seokjin, again, with his head and Seokjin took the now dirtied towel away and went to put it in a plastic bag.

 

(A/N: Gross-ish part out of the way)

 

Yesung was surprised at how much energy his mother was giving. He felt extremely proud. Like his son, the father, despite with the aching hand, was proud of his wife. The father hasn’t seen her so determined in a long time. With that in mind, he let a small smile slip on his face, even though he was clenching his teeth with the amount of force his wife is putting on his hand.

 

Asking Donghae to give him a small blanket, Yesung put the blanket underneath the parts of the baby that were coming out because the baby was getting slippery. Now having both his hands supporting and guiding the baby out of his mother, Yesung kept on giving his mother encouraging words, while cleaning off the rest of the baby with damp towels. Yesung snuck a glanced at each of his brothers and he let out a slight chuckle. Donghae and Youngbae were shutting their eyes, even though Youngbae was still wiping of their mother’s sweat. Seokjin, Yoongi, and Barom were still watching. However, Yoongi had disgusted looks on his face, Barom just looked unaffected, and Seokjin seemed to have gotten used to it after a while.

 

Now having only feet left to get out, Yesung asked his father to remove his mother’s shirt so he could place the baby on her chest. The younger sons turned their heads away while their mother undressed and their father took a big blanket from Donghae to cover his wife.

 

Cleaning away the rest of the blood and being mindful of the cord, Yesung said, “Seokjin go and find a pair of scissors and rubbing alcohol for me, please.” With that Seokjin went off to the bathroom in search for rubbing alcohol. After a couple of seconds he found some. He then went off into the kitchen to retrieve a pair of scissors. After finding one, Seokjin re-entered the living room to see the baby laying under the blanket with his mother. Seokjin half jogged to give the rubbing alcohol and scissors to Yesung. Yesung, then, proceeded to take a clean small towel, put some rubbing alcohol on it, and clean the scissors with it.

 

“What are you going to do with that hyung?” Yoongi asked, curious as to what his hyung was planning to do.

 

“I’m going to cut the cord, but not now. I’ll wait about ten to fifteen minutes,” responded Yesung. Yoongi just nodded his head. Yesung, then, turned towards Barom who paused the video recording and set the camera down.

 

“How was it Barom? You weren’t too disturbed, right?” questioned Yesung. Barom looked up to face his hyung, his face void of any emotions. That was until Yesung raised an eyebrow, telling Barom that his hyung wasn’t buying the act. Barom took a deep breath and then out of nowhere he began to wriggle and scrunch his eyebrows together, shutting his eyes tight.

 

“Ahhh, hyyyuunng! That was disgusting! I can’t believe that my pure eyes seen something soooooo horrific!” Barom complained. “No offense umma,” he turned to give his umma a look and their mother just waved him off.

 

Barom’s complaining started a chain reaction of complaining from his younger brothers. Even though Yesung was their hyung by only six years, he always found it funny when they started to complain. Yesung calmed his dongsaengs by patting each of their heads. That led to them pouting and stating that they weren’t little kids, despite them being nine and ten year olds.

 

Yesung checked the time and it was time to cut the cord. Once the cord was finished being cut, he let his mother continue to feed the new baby. Yesung almost forgot. He didn’t know the baby’s gender.

 

“Umma is it a girl or a boy?” Yesung asked. The mother looked up to face her son and gave him a ‘don’t you know look’.

 

“Didn’t you check when it came out?” the mother questioned back, a little annoyed that her son didn’t.

 

“I was kinda distracted with giving orders,” Yesung stated, rubbing the back of his nape sheepishly.

 

The mother let out an exasperated sigh before feeling the baby to see if it was a boy or a girl. “If it’s another boy, then I’m gonna lose it,” the mother half joked and half threatened. The sons and husband let out forced laughs.

 

The husband actually was a little worried because when they went to the doctor’s for their checkups they didn’t want to know about the gender and wanted it to be a surprise. But now that he thought about it, having another boy wouldn’t make anything different. It would just be the same, except there’s just another one. However, if the baby is a girl then the father wouldn’t know what to do. Girls are so different than boys. What if they didn’t raise her right and she became a delinquent? That worried the father very much. He didn’t want his baby girl to be one of those people. Hearing his wife gasp made the husband snap out of his thoughts.

 

“Omo. Omo. OMO!” the mother smiled widely. “Honey, I can’t believe it! It’s a girl!” the wife exclaimed. The sons that were in the room had surprise written all over their faces. When their mother started to shout, that didn’t sound like she was in pain, the eldest sons brought the youngest sons out of the play room and asked what all the commotion was about. Their mother turned her head to look at them and said, “Boys say hello to your younger sister.”

 

The eldest sons couldn’t believe what they were hearing.

 

A girl.

 

The have a baby sister. Heechul and Jaejoong broke out into huge grins that matched their mother’s. Siwon and Jiyong had surprised faces like the rest of their brothers, but immediately had smiles on their faces too.

 

“So what are you gonna name her?” Jaejoong asked stepping closer to get a better look at his baby sister. Once Jaejoong started to get closer, the rest of the sons followed, trying to see their new baby sister.

 

“Okay first of all, backup,” ordered their mother. Everyone did as she was told and took a couple of steps back. “Now, honey,” she turned to look at her husband, “What are we going to name her? Got any ideas?” The father, then, started to rub his chin, getting into his thinking mode. Some of the sons quietly snickered at their father’s ‘thinking mode’.

 

Once getting an idea, the father snapped his fingers and said, “Aha! Honey how about we name her Hyun-Shik? Huh, huh?” His wife gave him an ‘are you serious look?’

 

“Really honey? You want to name your first daughter a man’s name? Don't we have enough men in this house?” she questioned her husband. The husband nodded in return. The wife let out another sigh and turned towards her sons, “How many of you think that naming your new sister Hyun-Shik is a good idea?” Only Jaejoong and Seokjin raised their hands. “Okay then, not Hyun-Shik. Oh. How about Mi-Cha? It's a beautiful name and I think she will be a beautiful girl when she grows up.”

 

When the father heard this he opposed. “No, definitely not. I am not having my daughter have the name Mi-Cha.”

 

“And why not?” challenged his wife.

 

“Because I don’t want her to be arrogant and say that since she is beautiful because her name means beautiful girl,” the father half lied.

 

“Oh okay, that makes sense,” said the wife, looking back down at the now sleeping child. The husband let out a sigh. He didn’t want his wife to know the real reason as to not have the child be named Mi-Cha. Mi-Cha was his ex-girlfriend and he didn’t want his daughter to be a constant reminder of her. With that thought, the father shivered slightly.

 

Ideas of names for the child came from everywhere. But none seemed to fit the child just right. That was until Siwoo, oh little Siwoo, came up to Jiyong and started pulling at his hand.

 

“Hyun-Soo,” whispered little Siwoo.

 

“What was that Siwoo?” Jiyong asked, crouching down to get a better listen.

 

“Hyun-Soo,” repeated Siwoo a little louder. Jiyong still couldn’t hear what little Siwoo was saying so he decided to pick him up and have him tell him directly in his ear. Now that little Siwoo was directly talking in his ear, Jiyong could actually hear his little brother properly.

 

“Okay Siwoo this time I will get it, so can you repeat it one more time?” Jiyong asked while tickling Taeha slightly.

 

Little Siwoo giggled and leaned close to Jiyong’s ear and said, “Hyun-Soo.” Jiyong looked at Siwoo a little shocked that he said the name. Jiyong thought it over and thought why not. It was a perfect girl and boy name. So Jiyong whistled loudly to get everyone’s attention and make them stop yelling at suggestions.

 

“Okay guys. Little Siwoo here,” Jiyong motioned to Siwoo that was in his arms, “Came up with a great name. Even though he is only two years old, I think it’s a great name.”

 

“For crying out loud! What is the name Jiyong? Spit it out!” demanded their mother.

 

“Gosh umma. Alright. The name, Siwoo suggested, was Hyun-Soo,” stated Jiyong.

 

“Hyun-Soo,” murmured the mother. She thought about it and it wasn’t too masculine and it wasn’t too feminine. Moreover, it meant wisdom, excellence, long life. It was a perfect name for the new baby girl. The father, also, thought the same thing. He liked how that even though his daughter is going to have it, it wasn’t overly girly to give her or guys any wrong ideas about her.

 

“I like it,” said the mother and father at the same time.

 

“So boys,” the mother looked at all of her eighteen sons, “what do you think? Having a sister named Hyun-Soo which means wisdom, excellence, and long life?” she questioned.

 

The boys all glanced at one another. The youngest ones just stared at them in somewhat confusion. Then, they all smiled, and looked back at their mother and little sister.

 

“Ne umma!” they all chorused.

 


A/N:
 
Well here it is... 
 
I don't know where this stroy is gonna go but my friend during lunch gave me an idea and I will work with it.
 
Soooo was it too gross? Was I unnecessarily worried over nothing? Please comment on whether you think so or not and if teh majority of you think it is not then I had nothing to worry about and I'm just a big worry wart.
 
THANK YOU! and...
 
Annyeong~