Love is really beautiful.

All I Want for Christmas is... You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesterday after their club meeting ended, Donghae spoke to Sungmin when everyone was finally out. Sungmin is the president of the Photography Club and the owner of the Leica M camera that he wrote on the list of the things he wishes to have this Christmas. 

 

He asked him if he could borrow his camera again since he wanted to take a certain photograph that would depict how he felt about love. Donghae didn't tell Sungmin his real reason, just that he told him that wanted to try taking other pictures in order to be ready for their upcoming exhibit next week. 

 

Sungmin of course said yes, he couldn't deny Donghae what he wanted especially when he had that look on his face where he was determined to do something for himself. Sungmin went to where he placed his things and brought out the camera along with its bag. Sungmin checked the lense, the shutter, the power button and all the other parts of the Leica if it was working without any problems. When he was finally satisfied with his inspection, he walked back to Donghae.  

 

"Here... Take care of my camera with your life Hae, just like the last time you borrowed it from me." Sungmin smiled at him while handing him the bag.

 

"I will Sungminnie hyung. I'll return it tomorrow afternoon when I'm done. Don't worry hyung. I'll be very careful. Thank you so much." Donghae gave Sungmin a toothy smile and the other gave him a squeeze on his shoulder before leaving the classroom. Donghae also went out after putting on his backpack and securing the camera bag in his arms making sure not to let it hit anything along his way going home to their dorm.

 

-----

 

Donghae saved all the photos he took using the Leica M and saved the ones he liked on his cellphone. He put the camera back safely inside its bag and placed in in front of his desk by the wall so that it wouldn't fall. He really didn't want anything to happen to it given his clumsy nature and he had no means of paying for it if he damages it. After the camera was safe, Donghae went back to checking the photo he saved on his gallery to choose which he will be uploading in a while. 

 

He woke up quite early that morning and he didn't feel like going out into their kitchen yet. He was checking his IG feed to see if Hyukjae posted anything while he was out with his family but there seems to be none as of the moment. 

 

'Hyukkie might still be sleeping or something.' He thought and went back to reading some of the new comments he sees and smiles at the positive ones and laughs at the silly ones where it says that 'I can be the one sitting there on the bench with you oppa!' 'Who do you have in mind Donghae oppa?' 'Do you like someone? But who?!'  But his thoughts always goes back to Hyukjae's "poop" comment and he giggled to himself.

 

He really missed Hyukjae.

 

Donghae wanted to surprise Hyukjae that he wasn't just lazing around the dorm doing nothing while he was away. He also had other important things to take care of and his best friend knows his passion for taking pictures. 

 

His Instagram account is one of his means to show his photos to the world even though it's only online. 

 

He sometimes reads the positive and negative comments on his posts. Donghae told himself to stay optimistic and take their criticism to improve his skills. It was always good to see and hear what other people think about his work. Not what his colleagues and friends usually say to him. They were all something he wanted to hear of course. 

 

His friends didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

 

Donghae remembered when he went to his best friend crying about the harsh comments he heard during his first year in college. It was during his presentation in the classroom for their final project. He was sitting in front and he could hear their hushed tones talking about him before he could even stand in front and tell them about the meaning behind the pictures he'd taken.

 

'What was that photo? A big blur?!' 'He didn't even know what filter to use!' It didn't have any meaning to it!' 'It was like, he suddenly took a photo without any emotion.' 'He could've taken another photo!' And other comments he didn't understand because all he wanted to do was run away and he shut everyone out in his head. 

 

He hid his tears all throughout the presentation and thanked everyone for listening to him. He eventually excused himself and called where Hyukjae was and luckily, he was in their dorm resting.

 

He never came back to the classrom after that incident and skipped class to spend his time with Hyukjae. 

 

It always amazes Donghae how Hyukjae can give him an advice that can lift his mood and make him smile again. It was not something he should take personally according to Hyukjae. They're only their personal opinions and are bound to change in time. He could always improve himself in the future. He was only starting and of course mistakes cannot be helped.

 

Donghae nodded in understanding about what his best friend told him and from that day on, he tried studying and improving himself day to day in the course he chose to take. 

 

He was determined to redeem himself. 

 

All he ever wanted was to express how he feels in his photos. If he could do something like that then that would definitely make him happy. That the person looking at his photos would feel what he wanted to express without conveying any words. 

 

The feeling of loneliness.

 

The feeling of being happy.

 

The feeling of love. 

 

The feeling of wanting to be with someone. 

 

And the feeling of being loved by someone who loves you back. 

 

All those emotions that a human being can feel. That when they look at a certain photo, Donghae hoped that he would be able to express those feelings he wanted to convey in his pictures.

 

He sounded like a fool with those thoughts running in his head but he was the sentimental type of guy that doesn't even have a boyfriend yet since he started college. He takes these things to heart and him wanting to finally fall in love was something he wanted to experience.

 

His finger landed on the photo he wanted to upload. It was what he took yesterday before the sunset happened.

 

He was on his way to their dorm when he saw a kid with a heart-shaped chocolate with his arm out the window. He immediately fumbled for the Leica M in its bag, thankful that the batteries were already inside, he then took a shot of the scene playing before him. He took several photos until the kid retracted his arm from the window of the car until it drove away. 

 

He was left there standing wanting to see what the outcome of his pictures were. 

 

It was simply beautiful for him. The lighting from the sun was perfect, the kid's hand from outside the window of the car in its awkward position, even the timing was not something he was expecting but it was something he was thankful for. Donghae associated the picture with love again. He gathered his thoughts and finally wrote down the story behind the photo.

 

Since Donghae's mind was full of thoughts about love, the fact that that photo he took was out of the blue also means that love can come to him without any notice. When it comes to taking pictures, Donghae had to wait for the right moment, the right angle, the right atmosphere and the mood that a photographer had to be in for the photos to come out just the way he wanted it to.

 

But there are some moments where everything can happen at that single moment.

 

Love.

 

He then started writing his post. 

 

leedonghae: 11/24/14 

 

Love is really beautiful. I have the thoughts of thinking that someone is ideal and beautiful and I want to love someone to death for once in my life. I am the same too, love is something that I have not taken on, or something that I have not started but now I have the strength to start it. But love is not beautiful or cool to everyone. But a tough love will give me time to mature. Whether it is small love or big love the size of it is not important. I should be thankful that I can give love to someone, and they should know that it is a thankful and happy thing to be able to love someone^^ Spend this cold winter warmly^^ This photo is one that I like the most among the photos I’ve taken, and it’s a photo that I took with thoughts like these words :) LeicaM -Donghae- 2014 a person who is dreaming of love one summer…

 

"That's good enough. I hope my followers get the message." After typing his post, Donghae read it again and again until he was satisfied with it and pressed share. 

 

He didn't notice the time an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter