Chairs

All I Want for Christmas is... You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyukjae was lying in bed looking at the white ceiling at the hotel his family booked for the night. 

 

He was currently on vacation leave from school since his family is usually busy during the holidays running their cafe. They won't be having much time to spend with each other since he stays at school during the holidays and being at home was boring him to death. Not to mention, the effort of going back and forth from school and his house after a few days in December is a hassle for him. 

 

And because two of his dorm mates, Heechul and Leeteuk goes home for a few days in December, he couldn't just leave Donghae behind.

 

His bestfriend.

 

He lives in Mokpo but his family visits him instead of him going back to their hometown. Donghae spends his time with them going around the city and sight seeing. He could see how happy Donghae is everytime they visit him for the holidays. He misses his family a lot so he makes sure that he is always there for Donghae whenever he feels lonely or homesick. 

 

Speaking of his bestfriend, he grabbed his iPhone6 Plus on the night stand to log into his Instagram account. He wanted to check if Donghae posted something on his IG or if he was busy with something that he can't post an update.

 

He didn't receive a text from him all day or even a call like he usually does to the point that his phone won't stop beeping from his messages. It keeps on ringing and he keeps on answering because he can't bare to not answer Donghae along with his phone's battery dying out on him while they were away from each other. Did something happen to his phone or worse, to Donghae? Hyukjae got rid of the nagtive ideas running through his head.

 

'What is that guy up to? Was he too busy to even send me a text?'  He mentally asked himself but he was also guilty of not texting or calling him the whole day. He was also spending quality time with his family so he was clearly occupied. 

 

But he couldn't shake off the feeling that he needed to check his IG and see if Donghae posted something. At least, he has a way of knowing what his bestfriend was up to while he was gone. 

 

That is... If he did post an update. 

 

He entered his username and password and waited for his account to load.

 

Username: eunhyukee44 

Password: ******** 

 

When he was finally logged-on, he looked at his classmate's IG updates of them with their families or their selcas with smiles on their faces but he was still scrolling down to see of Donghae posted hours ago.

 

His pointing finger finally landed on Donghae's update. There was picture of a bench which he has seen before at the back of the school where very few students hang out during winter because it was too cold. 

 

He then read what Donghae had written on the post.

-----

leedonghae: 11/20/2014

 

Personally I like chairs. Sitting alone at home listening to music or watching movies or sitting on a chair face-to-face and chatting on some day or drinking tea and if there's someone you love, it's good to be facing each other but I also think you can sometimes sit side by side and share many stories. #LeicaM 

------

Hyukjae read it over and over again.

 

What is Donghae talking about?! Hyukjae's asked himself as his mind was racing thinking why his bestfriend was suddenly posting something like this. Donghae didn't even have a LeicaM! But he remembered that maybe one of his seniors in the Photography Club had one for his friend to borrow and take this picture. Brushing off those thoughts, he went back to what Donghae posted again. 

 

CHAIRS?!

 

FACE TO FACE?!

 

SOMEONE TO LOVE?! 

 

SHARE STORIES?! 

 

'But... But... That's what we usually do together.' Hyukjae told himself.

 

Eating at home together. Watch movies together. Talk for hours with each other. Even drinking tea and and sharing stories with one another.

 

But what bothered Hyukjae most was the wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter