Wish List

All I Want for Christmas is... You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"

 

 

Donghae and Hyukjae wanted to talk with each other a few more hours but the time difference was the issue. The two boys had some catching up to do and they had set the time for one another to be able to talk without anyone interfering with them. 

 

His mom and dad were tired and wanted to rest by staying in the hotel but they also gave him permission to go where he likes given that he's going to be with Sora or somehwere near the hotel where they would be able to contact him. He declined the offer telling them that he also wanted to rest and wanted to stay in his room. His parents nodded and went to the restaurant to eat. Sora can also handle herself and didn't want Hyukjae to be her chaperon while doing her shopping spree. 

 

He already ate his breakfast before them since he and Donghae will be calling each other. They sometimes talk via video call to see how the other looks like but it takes a tall of their batteries so it never lasts for more than two hours but it was better than not seeing the other for a few days. Just hearing the other's voice was enough and they go back to talking normally on the phone.

 

Donghae was wearing his black-rimmed glasses when his eyes were growing tired from editing his pictures for their Photography Club. He also did his homework for the next day so he won't be needing to wake up early for that. He dedicated all his time for Hyukjae for tonight. He was wearing blue since it was his favorite color and Hyukjae was now usually in his white shirt. 

 

Hyukjae was telling him about the places they went and the different souvenirs he bought Donghae just like he promised him before he left. Donghae also told him about school, that he wasn't missing anything major for now and the annual Christmas party they have is coming soon. Since it's still November, they have enough time to plan in their respective classes.

 

Time seemed to just fly when he and Donghae were talking on the phone.

 

Hyukjae misses how Donghae laughs, his nasal voice, his giggle, his whining voice, and he especially wanted to see him pouting during their video call so he kept teasing him about his IG post the other day. 

 

Donghae didn't pass up the opportunity to scold him for the "poop" comment and he laughed it off. Donghae told him that Heechul hyung kept on making fun of his picture because of what he commented but in the end, he reassured Donghae that their hyung didn't mean any harm and he was clearly trolling with him with his comment. If he didn't do that, would his friend text him the moment he wakes up when he's been missing the whole day walking around the city? But Hyukjae didn't say those words to Donghae since they already said that through their text messages.

 

He sensed that Donghae was feeling lonely without him even though he tried to act normal and happy for him throughout their conversation but he can also tell that he was genuinely happy to be able to speak with him again. This was not the first time they've been away from each other for a number of days but Donghae was used to always being with him.

 

He knowS how Donghae's mind ends up in a mess when he thinks too much. He needed to reassure him that he'll be back soon. Of course he'll be back soon but he needed to wait for a few more days and so does Donghae.

 

The two of them ended the call when both their cellphones were almost dying due to low battery and the expenses both boys had to pay for their cellphone bill is growing. Donghae was already sleepy since he kept yawning cutely on the other line which Hyukjae can clearly imagine in his head and he knew his best friend still had class the next day. 

 

"Goodnight Hyukkie..." Donghae told him with a yawn and Hyukjae chuckled. 

 

"Goodnight Hae... Sorry for keeping you awake this late. This was the only day we could talk like this for hours." Hyukjae told him while looking at the white ceiling of his room. That seemed like becoming a habbit by now when he had no one to talk to in a foreign place except his family and Donghae.

 

"It's okay Hyukkie. As long as I hear your voice and that you're doing well is enough for me too. Talking with you this long is a bonus since you have to spend time with your family. I miss you Hyukkie. GAAAHHHHH! Can't keep my eyes open anymore! " Hyukjae laughed at his friend's childishness and he really needed to end the call already in case Donghae falls asleep on him.

 

"HAHAHA! Let's end the call together Hae. I miss you too. Sweet dreams. See you soon." But before Hyukjae could end the call, he heard a slight snore on the other line. Clearly, he guessed right, Donghae fell asleep on him.

 

Hyukjae got up from the bed and decided walk around the hotel. He'll just wait for his family to come down at the restaurant when buffet dinner starts. He was feeling hungry already. 

 

They started talking at these times.

 

Switzerland : 11/22/14

Start: 9:00am

End: 5:00pm                       

Korea: 

Start: 5:00pm 

End: 1:00am 

 

The eight-hour difference between Korea and Switzerland was the slight problem since they have to adjust but the last time Donghae texted him, Hyukjae was waiting for him to message him so he slept lightly and particularly made his message tone to the highest level.

 

Hyukjae isn't one that sleep peacefully knowing that your bestfriend didn't say a word to you all day.

 

-----

 

Donghae's Room: 

 

Lee Donghae was planning his Christmas Wishlist almost a month away from December. He was listening to several Christmas songs and "All I Want for Christmas" was now playing. He turned the volume higher since he really loved that song.

 

He started with the most logical opening he could think of. 

 

November 23, 2014

 

Dear Santa,

 

Things I wish to have this Christmas:

 

Donghae was writing down what he wanted to have or even wishes to buy for himself this coming Christmas. Of course he had to address it to Santa! Who else will grant his wishes? It was an inside joke he had with himself but there was no harm in being hopeful. 

 

He knew that Santa Clause was a child's fantasy to make their wishes come true which their parents tells them to be nice and stop being naughty to receive a gift from him. He snickered to himself.

 

But because he knew that some of the things he wishes for were out if his reach, he scratches those options considering the fact that he was only a college student. 

 

He even writes what he thinks since he already knew what will be the outcome of his silly 'Christmas List.' Not to mention it was addressed to St. Nicholas a.k.a Santa Clause. 

 

- New Leica camera. (scratch that) - Too expensive!!! >_< But a secondhand camera wouldn't hurt. 
- New clothes. (scratch that) - I'll definitely receive these from my friends. =)
- New hair color. (Seriously Donghae?!) - If my blue hair last time wasn't enough already. ;) I like my brown hair now.
- New SET of dorm mates! (HAHA!) - So I can sleeeeeep!!! (-_-) Zzzzz... 

 

Donghae laughed out loud when he wrote the last option on the wish list. Having his friends as his dorm mates was one of the best things that happened to him during his stay in Seoul University aside from having his bestfriend with him. He wouldn't have it any other way, but sometimes, his Heechul hyung can be too loud when he brings his boyfriend over. Donghae shook his head. He doesn't want to think about the things they do so he went back to writing his list. 

 

Donghae decided to finally write down what he really wanted for Christmas.

 

- All I want for Christmas is... YOU... - (But who?) 

 

Donghae added the lingering thought in his head beside the "YOU". He couldn't seem to find the right person to love. 

 

Yes, there were suitors, but he couldn't bring himself to give them a chance since it wasn't the 'him' he was looking for. He was also gay which isn't that much of a big deal for his friends or his classmates. Some of them even swing that way too. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter