CHAPTER 1

A Broken Faith

 

 

 

 

As I tried to approach him, my eyes are already been teary as I remember what I’ve saw last night. Him with that girl. Everything came back pretty clear. Why now? I’m already like super late and I don’t have time to deal small matter of my personal like this. I want to turn around the other way but he got my attention as he grab my arm. His face look really upset.

 

“What’s wrong my little Hunchae? You okay there?”

 

“I’m okay… it’s just that….I’m just a little tired out. Nothing to worry oppa.” My heart shattered to pieces. How could he still act like nothing ever happen last night? Did he drunk so bad til he forget everything happen last night? My guess but I don’t know. Well I tried to have courage enough to handle this. I smiled a little but he didn’t seem to satisfied with it. *my thoughts*Just believe me about it okay?

 

“You’re lying. I know it’s about something else. You can tell me what’s wrong. Maybe I could help you out Chae.” He looks quite panicked. I could tell by looking at his face. You should see his reaction. He’s so cute.

 

“Well really oppa… there’s nothing to worry about. I’m fine, totally fine…. I think I should go now. Bye…” I ran as quickly as I could and didn’t even look back on my way to the studio. I heard him calling my name but I just ignored til I reach there. I know he’s trying to make me feel better but now it’s not the best time of it. That night is still haunting my mind. It can’t stop. So I didn’t feel like telling him about it will be a good option right now. I need to calm down for awhile. Until I can handle this strong enough, when the time is right…

 

I finally reached to the studio and everyone looked at me with like that curious look. My first guess is, I ran like there’s a ghost behind me. And second, now it’s like 1.30 p.m. I’m so gonna be dead right now.

 

“Hmm…Mianhe… I’m so late. Is there anything that I missed when I’m not around?” Dara unnie came close and then hug me.

 

“You okay Chaerin-ah? We were all so worried about you. You never came this late…”

 

“I’m okay. I just had a headache last night. That’s all….” Well I’m telling the truth, right?

 

“I hope you’re okay. Well lucky you we just started recording ‘If I were you’. Now its Bommie’s part. You’re after this. You should get ready then.” Her face looks really worry. I don’t want her to feel sad just because of me.

 

“Don’t worry unnie, I will be okay. Now that you mention it, I haven’t eaten anything yet since I woke up….”

 

“Poor Chaerinnie. Let’s go to the cafeteria after you done with the recording, okay?” I just nod. Not after that the headache came back. Great, just great. Luckily I’ve always bring some painkillers in my handbag, if things like this happen, since that day. I took out 2 and swallowed it. I hope this will hold them up for awhile, until I had something to eat.

 

Bom unnie has finished her part so that means its my turn now. I took a deep breath while staring at the lyrics and start singing.

 

Naega neoreul saranghaesseumyeon hae  
Nega nareul saranghaesseumyeon hae 
Dan harurado hamkke haesseumyeon hae
Neol huhoe eobsi bonaejul su itge 

 

Geugeol deutneun geon na honjappuningeol
Tadeureo ganeun chotbulgwa hamkke
Eolma namji anheun nae maeum 
Areumdaun i jibi gamokcheoreom neukkyeojyeo
Nunchi eomneun bam haneureun
Neomu areumdawo 

 

Gakkeum nado neocheoreom 
Da dwirohago bakkeuro naga
Sullo apeumeul useumeuro seulpeumeul
Ssiseo naerigo sipeo haji anheul ppun 

 

Nega naro sarabwasseumyeon
Naega neoro sarabwasseumyeon
Dan harurado neukkyeobwasseumyeon
Neol huhoeeobsi bonae jul su itge

 

Last night. That painful moment. The kiss. My eyes are already teary but I didn’t show it. That’s what they’re calling me Faith Lee for. It’s not like I didn’t want to show my personal stuff with the others. Besides, it didn’t that matter anyway. I don’t want my girls to worry about me. This lyrics is making me think it again and again nonstop.

 

After it was all done, Dara unnie directly pulled me to the cafeteria. She ordered my favourite one of the time, Japanese ramen like always. I had them since it’s still hot. Dara unnie had some jjampoong. I don’t know why, but today I feel like it’s different like the other day. I know that every day we have an unexpected journey awaits us, but this is not the same like I always feel. That intense is so strong. Something is wrong, but what is it? Maybe I just worry too much.

 

“Chae, you okay darling? You look pale since last night. Maybe you should see a doctor later. I want to accompany you so you won’t you be alone. I know you don’t like doctor that much.” I don’t want her to worry but… what should I say? I don’t want to break her heart.

 

“O…okay. If you say so. I don’t want my cute unnie to be sad because of me…” my face was just....dead. What if it’s a bad news to be heard? I don’t want her to be sad. My girls will have that worried and sad face. I don’t want it to happen like that. I hope it didn’t. Please this is just gonna break their heart.