Loved

Unspeakable [XiuChen Drabbles]

‘Love comes like a snowflake;  I reach my hand out to catch it, but it just melts.’

Minseok had always been more on the quiet side. He stood at the sidelines and watched as s interacted and played, smiling at their happiness. He silently observed them tumble around in their own world, bright smiles lighting up their faces. Yet childish grins on their faces only served to remind him that he was the oldest, and he was all alone.

The grey clouds loomed over his head as he sat alone in the room, staring at the reflection in the mirror people called his own. Everyone had their own unique abilities, they say, but he wasn’t sure. He reached out his hand, tracing the single eyelids he possessed, following the line of his black eyeliner, to the curve of his round cheeks that brought his hands down to his neck, his suit collar tight around it. His fists tightened and he let out a sigh. Indeed he was all alone.

He could only watch as s flaunted their close relationships. He could only watch as the fans created great ideas of s. He knew how their bromance was like. Everyone had someone to confide in, everyone but him. He had all these pent up frustrations that he couldn’t share. Everyone had their own problems, and as the oldest he felt the need to resolve them and not bother about his own yet. After all, put others before yourself was what he thought was crucial.

His eyes wandered around the room. Is it selfish to get a room to himself when he had nine other members? Or was it just because it’d be uncomfortable to be cooped up in a room with him? He could call this his solitude, but that wouldn’t be it if it made him remember how much of a selfish prick he was for claiming this to himself.

He glanced out from the small crack of the door, out at the living room where everyone was gathered at. He watched as Chanyeol made a move to punch Baekhyun for another obnoxious joke he made; Sehun and Jongin teaming up to tickle Tao at the sides; Kyungsoo pacing around in the kitchen making dinner; Suho and Yixing laughing at the variety show they were watching. As the hand on the knob made a move to close the door, he heard a familiar high tone call out his name.

“Minseok hyung! Join me in a game of Mario kart!!!!” 

Minseok cracked a smile and silently thanked Jongdae for creating a place for him in the solitude made for ten.