Words

Words

“Joohyun, the state you’re driving us in will either get us killed or someone else killed.” Yonghwa warns her, trying to get the girl to stop the car. He sure hopes she has insurance because Seo Joohyun should never never be allowed to drive with a passenger next to her.

“It’s not my fault the guy was walking like it was his father’s road.”

“You drove on the ing sidewalk!”

“Your face looks like a sidewalk!”

 

Sometimes Yonghwa has to remind himself that murder is illegal and bad, real bad even if his target is his own fiancé. He takes a few deep breaths, relaxing himself before pushing his way through to get to her because she is standing on the table, ruining her birthday cake.. and her thousand dollar dress which Yonghwa purchased for her.

“It’s my birthday, so I get to throw.”

“Yes, baby, but first let’s get down before you fall down.”

“I don’t wanna.” Joohyun whines, using her pout as an advantage but Yonghwa still carries her bridal style to the kitchen to get cake out of her face as she will bound to regret it the next morning.

 

“Babe, you want to know something?”

“Hm?” Yonghwa glances to Joohyun who is busy poking his stomach. “What is it, baby?”

“When my nose is blocked, I can’t breathe properly. Look!”

“Baby, that is like saying when I close my eyes, I can’t see.”

“You can’t too?” She squeals, making Yonghwa wonder what he did to deserve such a girl like her, not in a bad way that is.

 

Joohyun is that kind of girl who you would not bring home to meet your parents because you knew she would be chatting with your parents for the past two hours waiting for you to come home, your pet cat, making you wonder how the hell she found your house without you even telling her. As creepy as that sounded, Joohyun is nowhere near a stalker, she is just observant. (Yonghwa writes his address in a paper in his wallet for emergencies.)

 

“Does it hurt? It looks like it hurts. Oh, god, how did you manage to fall from a swing set?” Yonghwa panics when Joohyun cries out, pulling her twisted arm back.

“It feels like rainbows.”

“Huh? Okay, how do rainbows feel like?”

“ing terri-“

“There are kids!” He points to his crying nephew.

“ing terrible, ing-.” She emphasis on the curse word. She is banned from coming over to his aunt’s house for the next five years because his nephew would not stop cursing.

 

“In conclusion, making a fire in the middle of the living room is not the best idea I have ever gotten.”

“You think?”

Joohyun pouts, ripping the newspaper off the burnt pot. “I was just trying to make something for you.” She mutters to herself.

“I nearly died.” He reminds her.

“I said sorry a million times over! What do you want from me?”

“Come here.” He pulls her closer to him, letting her rest her head against his neck. “I don’t want anything from you. Your love is enough.”

“Ew, you’re being cheesy.”

He lets out a soft chuckle, putting one of his arms around the crying girl. “You still love me, right?” Feeling her nod comforts him, letting him know she will be okay, she is alive and breathing beside him right now.

 

Joohyun never understands why Yonghwa chooses to be with her despite all of the things she has done to herself or him (unintentionally). His smile brightens up her day instantly, making her forget everything bad that happened during class. His laugh makes her giggle. He is selfless, yet so selfish at the same time.

“You’re an idiot.”

“Your idiot.”

“Ew, you’re being cheesy again. A cheesy pizza would be jealous of your cheesiness.”

“You wanna go and grab a slice?”

“Hell yes, I’m driving!” Joohyun screams, pushing past Yonghwa.