Silent Hearts

Silent Moments

Annyeong dear readers, the final chapter is here :) Please remember the story went backwards - with them actually getting together in the very first chapter. Always appreciate your love and support. It's your love (& YONGSHIN)  that led to this story becoming into a 6 chapter one from a one shot. I'll be back with another story soon because writing on them is addictive. I hope you enjoy this one last chapter of this fictional rollercoaster ride :)

One Fine Day

Excuses. All sorts of excuses. They just needed a reason and any reason was welcome. Their current excuse ? Being drunk. It was probably the first time they pretended to be drunker than they were (outside of work that is ). They didn't want to lose the precious memories of being together to a drunken tryst. 

The funny thing about acting drunk as against being really drunk is that you go out of the way to act intoxicated. 

So they held hands more, talked more than they would and kissed like there was no tomorrow. Because truth be told they really had notomorrow. Not together at least. 

They would probably not even meet for months together and in all likelihood they would drift apart. They knew. So they lived that day like it were the last day of their lives together. 

He said he wanted to slow dance with her and dramatically went down on his left knee with his right hand outstretched. She laughed as she gave her right hand, his knuckles had cracked yet again and it brought back wonderful memories of their days of shooting together when his knuckles cracked at inappropriate moments and she couldn't hold back her laughter. 

After making many failed attempts at twirling and dipping her in the name of dancing, they ended up laughing hysterically. 

All of a sudden, he stopped pulled out his phone and played slow instrumental music, it could've been perfect for a waltz if only he knew how to! However he didn't let that minor detail stop him, instead, he pulled her closer, arms wrapped around her waist prompting her to enwind her arms around his neck. The remanents of laughter were clearly visible on their faces as they swayed along to the music. They smiled at each other indulgently until he pulled her closer still and grinned mischievously while the butterflies in her stomach danced around madly. He pecked her cheeks, she smiled but before he could kiss her on her lips, she pushed him away playfully. 

The next few minutes were spent running and chasing around the room like a pair of teenagers. She was fast and knew to slip away easily but he was Jung Yong Hwa. He caught her, pulled her into a hug and kissed her all in one go. He smirked at how red her face had become promptly getting a flick on the neck from her. He pretended to howl in pain causing her to take a closer look at him in concern only to have him hold her in a deadlock smiling cockily. She decided to wipe the smirk off his face by pulling him closer and kissing his neck. She knew it was a sensitive spot with him. He yelped sounding more like a puppy than a human and actually distanced himself from her. She was giggling uncontrollably as she watched his reaction, clutching her stomach. If he was Jung Yong Hwa then she was Park Shin Hye. 

They settled down on her bed to watch movies, his arm comfortably around her shoulder, her head rested on his chest. If anybody saw them like that, they would simply assume the two had been dating for years and lying consistently about it. Who would believe seeing their natural comfort that it was not the case? He kept rubbing her arms and kissing her hair, filling her with warmth. That's the story of how they watched the movie Love Actually. 

When the movie got over, while the screen was filled with love and kisses, Shin Hye moved away. It was then that Yong Hwa felt the true gravitas of what they were doing. Imagining a life without her, he felt like a tonne of bricks had fallen on him. He looked at her, dressed casually in sweatshirt and pants, hair left free,she was trying to pick something heavy, he felt his heart sink. She turned around and smiled at him, he sat staring at the dazzlingly beautiful girl who had stolen his heart. He knew then that there was no way there would be another girl he would feel this way for. It was not her outward appearance that really captured his heart, it was this girl - kind, loyal, caring and giving with the shortest fuse and nasty temper, he was in love with her, completely. 


He was so lost in thoughts that he didn't realize she was holding out a guitar. He looked at her in confusion, she smiled, he took the guitar and automatically started tuning it out of habit. She wanted him to teach her a song. So he tried but she kept messing up, either on purpose or otherwise he will never know. Finally he pulled her towards him by her waist. Though at first she was startled, later she giggled at what he was doing. She was sitting with her head to rested on his chest, with him sitting right behind, arms wrapped around her reaching for the guitar she was holding. He placed her fingers on the relevant frets, asking her to concentrate on getting the Chords right, while he would pluck the strings. 

He was humming her favorite song, Falling Slowly from the movie Once, to which she was learning the chords. While she was concentrating on playing the chords he could only think of her. How perfect it felt to have her in his arms like this, to play music together, to laugh and fight, to just be around each other, to hug and kiss, to feel the warmth. He wanted this feeling to last. He wanted them to last.

He used his free left hand to pull her closer. He was hugging her from behind and tightly at that, he had let his head droop to her shoulder. Would it be terrible if he cried now? 

She was startled by his sudden action but she understood. She knew what he felt for her because she felt it too. She never expressed it as well as he did even to herself, but yes, she felt it too. All of it. She had after all, figured out a long time ago that he was her soulmate. Nobody made her feel complete the way he did. Just being around him made her feel good about herself. 

She placed her right palm on his face. What was that wetness? Were they tears? It was almost instant, her tears, they wouldn't stop falling. She put the guitar aside. He just held her without letting go for even a second. Eventually, they slept like that, snuggled together. Memories of a time spent together deeply embedded in their hearts. 

+++
Two years later 

Excerpts from a Park Shin Hye interview 

Have you ever loved anybody?

Yes. Quite deeply. 

The interviewer was startled by the sudden declaration. Can you give us a name? Is it someone we know? Are you still together?

We've never been really together. It's just one sided love probably. He may not even have a second to spare to think of me. I just have always loved this one person and for every acting role, I have channeled my feelings for him into the character. 

Haven't you thought of confessing to him? After all no male can be immune to your charm. 

I am insecure. There can be many who find me attractive but I am not sure how he feels for me now. As long as that is the case. I can't be sure. Maybe he has someone he likes? I won't want to interfere or change anything. I am happy the way I am. 

++
CNBLUE group kakoa talk messages 

Hyung! Did you see this ? 
Hyung!!!!
She is waiting for you.
Hyung she thinks you have someone else ?o.O
I am sure she is just trying to send a message hyung. It has been two years. 

Yong Hwa woke up to see an explosion of messages and links to her interview. He was in the midst of shooting. He still had scenes to complete but he was angry, very angry. How could she even think he didn't love her. Didn't his songs convey the message. So it had been two years, doesn't mean he had moved on. Did she think he could ? He was mad at her for thinking that because he was still madly in love with her. It had not occurred to him to look for anyone because he knew he would never find another girl he could love as much. 

++ 

The anger propelled him to reach her doorstep without a thought about the consequences. He was glad though. This time he knew better than to let go of her hand. This time he would hold on to her, forever. 

A/N - And that is how the first chapter happened. Happy Birthday Shin Hye ya! :) I miss OFD promotions and Yong Hwa so much. Much love to all those who enjoyed reading this.