09. the case in which daehyun has to pee really badly

thousand words

“Daehyun, you’re leaving already?”

It was a quarterly thing for my major to get together and hold a little mini-concert, just to celebrate half of the semester being over. The concert would feature just mostly a showcase of what we’d done over class, including as much comedy as we can; in a way, you could say it was a party to help forget just how horribly we’d ed up on our midterms - not that any of us were really going to admit to it.

And after our mini-impromptu-concert, we’d all head over to the near campus chicken hof for an after party. It had become a traditional thing, so no one bothered call for a reservation; they always just sort of assumed we’d show up. We could proudly say that the silent promise had been kept without fail since the beginning of our major’s creation. The after party actually had nothing to do with our major, but the obsessive need to shove down as much beer into each others’ throats before the night was over.

Usually, after the after party, most of our major ended up absent on the first second half of the semester, simply far too hungover to actually give a care about class.

“It’s twelve in the morning!”

Like I had the last semester - and the one before that - I’d stayed behind late with my friends. And like everyone else, I’d maybe had a little too much to drink. Proof? Well, once I felt the need to stick a spoon in a soju bottle and belt out in a series of high notes, I’d already crossed the line not meant to be ventured. Seeing as I’d already gone around asking for a spoon in a chicken hof three times, it was obviously time to start heading back before I did anything worse.

“You’re such a spoil sport!” Someone was behind me, throwing a lazy arm around my neck and grappling with wet hands. “Be glad we love you so much, Daehyunnie, or we might’ve kicked you out of our parties for being such a bore.” He planted a wet kiss to my cheek before I could pry him off - not that I tried too hard with my head too hazed over in alcohol.

My friends were absolutely gross.

Kicking off the arms that tried to pull me into a group hug, I waved good bye, letting the older seniors help board me into a lined up taxi, informing the drivers of my address (and specifically ordering the drivers not to go anywhere else no matter what I said) before I could talk back.

The door was slammed in my face and not too long after, the car began off. With the rumble of the engine was also a deep chuckle from the elderly driver glancing into the back mirror at me slouching in the seat. “Had a little too much to drink kid?”

“Do y’wanna hear a song ajusshi?”

I didn’t take a no for an answer.

(I really should cut back on drinking.)

 

I fell asleep somewhere in the taxi and had to be shaken awake by the elderly driver. Judging the grimace that wrinkled his face, I probably hadn’t been the best of his customers to come around. He looked glad to get rid of me.

“Young kids like you shouldn’t drink so much.” Was his last words to me, belted out from behind half rolled windows before the rear lights flashed too brightly in my face.

My instinct was to scoff, roll my shoulders and stumble up to my floor. I really don’t know what came over to be to hike up the several floors up to our room; obviously, I wasn’t yet right of mind.

“I have to pee!”

Jongup wasn’t in his room when I kicked off my shoes somewhere in the living room. His room door was thrown open and the lights still on had me to quickly deduce he’d left the space not too long ago. Seeing as his shoes were still by the door, lined straight against the wall, he must have still in the house; meaning, he was in the restroom, somewhere I desperately needed to be at.

So I chose the most obvious thing to do: slam against the restroom door, hoping he’d hurry up before I pissed myself. “Jonguppie!” I wailed, face pressed against the door wood and hands banging. “Hurry! I have to pee!”

I would have continued the task until he came out if I didn’t hear the sudden bang on the otherside.

That certainly sobered me up.

“Jongup?”

The door was locked and the spare keys were in the far left cabinet in the kitchen. Tripping a few times along the way - I tore my stupid socks off somewhere in the halls there - I grabbed the bunch of keys there, shoving everyone in the little keyhole, screaming in annoyance when they wouldn’t go in right. We really needed to get them labeled better.

Before I could get the right key in, the door opened, Jongup standing there rubbing his hand against the side of his head, where he’d seemingly fallen. “Shh, you’ll wake all our neighbors.”

I sighed. I’d thought the toilet monster had gotten to him or something.

(And for that, I kicked him.)

“What’s that?” Pushing past him, I picked up one of the pills scattered along the floor, squinting my eyes to the series of numbers printed on the tablet. “Are these sleeping pills?”

He nodded. He didn’t look at me.

I laughed.

“Couldn’t sleep?” That was cute, he couldn’t sleep alone. “Come here.”

Dropping the pill back on the ground, I pulled him back to his room, shutting off the lights on the way in,and fell into the sheets with him. Judging the way he whined, I’d probably stepped all over his carefully tossed about notes around his room, but really, I honestly couldn’t have cared less. My feet weren’t going to suddenly make the led illegible.

“When I was little and couldn’t sleep, my mom used to sing me a lullaby.

“Let me sing for you.”

 

a/n: to anyone surprised, i changed my username + early (double) update in honor of bap third anniversary #3yearswithbap