Down the River

Down the River

“The scenery is absolutely beautiful as we gracefully and effortlessly flow down the Amazon River.”

 

“You mean you’re effortlessly flowing down the Amazon.” Luhan snaps as he continues to paddle through the water, “I’m doing all the work.”

 

“Let’s ignore the paddle boy and take in all the scenery at it’s finest, just look at that beautiful flora!” Sehun exclaims as he tilts the camera to the right and left. Sehun is a environmentalist and does all he can to protect the Amazon rainforests from the dangerous of mankind. Luhan however, is the poor sap who is dragged with him on these crazy environmental expeditions.

 

“Excuse me?” Luhan turns fully to glare at Sehun with narrowed eyes, or what Sehun can see through his netted hat. He crosses his arms and abruptly stops paddling altogether.

 

“I mean let’s ignore my absolutely fabulous boyfriend!” Sehun cheekily smiles at Luhan who huffs in response. Letting out what seemed to be a, ‘why are you my boyfriend?’ Sehun laughs as he switched his camera off and places it in his fanny pack. “Babe this is supposed to be a very memorable moment for us, it’s our fourth anniversary!” Sehun and Luhan had known each other since middle school and they had gone to the Amazon together with their group of friends for a school trip during their senior year of high school. That’s when Sehun manned up and finally asked Luhan out. Despite being covered in mud, Luhan had reluctantly said yes. For the Amazon was one heck of a place to ask someone out. Sehun grasped Luhan’s hand into his, “Plus this is an exciting journey.”

 

Luhan eyed his boyfriend with a soft smile. He never liked expeditions. He wasn’t one to live on the edge, but in the ten years of knowing Oh Sehun, he never told anyone that. He knew how much Sehun loved nature and protecting the rainforest and he couldn’t bring himself to tell Sehun that. So whenever Sehun went to go on yet another expedition, Luhan always opted out, staying in the comfort of his office and the bustle of the city. Where he belonged. Not in the loud and exotic jungle. But he loved Sehun too much to tell him the truth, no matter how stupid Sehun was sometimes, “Yeah, it brings back good memories.” Like falling into a mud hole.

 

They stayed like that for a while until Luhan exclaimed, “The boat’s been moving.”

 

“Yeah we’re moving downstream, is that bad?” Sehun asked, the little boat was bound to move, it was the size of a canoe and it had to be carried downstream somehow.

 

“Crap, crap Sehun look!” Luhan exclaimed as he pointed behind him. A waterfall. It had been tugging at the boat the entire time.

 

“Luhan watch out!” Sehun lurched forward as his part of the boat tipped over, smashing into Luhan as they both tumbled down. Sehun popped up first, gasping and coughing on water as he grabbed around for his fanny pack. His treasured fanny pack that held the most important things in the world to him.

 

“Sehun what” Luhan was abruptly pushed into the water yet again as Sehun frantically dove for the fanny pack. “What’s wrong with you?” Luhan exclaimed as he surfaced again, glaring at Sehun who was too busy trying to retrieve his precious fanny pack. “Why are you obsessing over such a little thing?”

 

“It’s important for my survival.” Sehun answered as he clipped it back to his waist, “We should probably get out of the water.”

 

Luhan huffed and rolled his eyes, “I was doing that before you pushed me in.” He groaned as he trudged out of the water. He flicked his brown hair out of his eyes as he looked around, “Where’s my hat?”

 

Sehun shrugged as he checked the contents of his fanny pack, freezing when he realized something was missing. “Have you seen….” It was right there, right next to his boyfriend.

 

“Oh your inhaler box?” Luhan finished as he bent down to pick it up, only to be tackled to the ground by Sehun.

 

“No I’ve got it!” Sehun exclaimed as he clambered over his lover’s body who squirmed beneath him.

 

“YOU IDIOT WHAT THE HECK!” Luhan exclaimed as he was thrown face first into the mud, deja vu much? He groaned, pushing Sehun off him while slapping mud off his face. “What was that for?”

 

“Sorry babe!” Sehun quickly scooped up the inhaler box and zipped it into his fanny pack. Luhan only glared at him through slitted eyes before going back to the river to clean mud off himself. “Lu, no wait come on I’m really sorry!”

 

That night was no good either.

 

“I’m super pissed at you.” Luhan said straight up, frowning at Sehun.

 

“I didn’t mean to lose your hat!” Sehun threw his hands up in anguish, “It was on accident Lu I swear!” The fact that Luhan’s naturally curly hair had frizzed due to the humidity was no joke. It was as if his hair had become a puffy mess. And Luhan loathed untidy appearances.

 

“No I really hate you right now.” Luhan growled as he tried to flatten his hair which had absolutely no effect at all, his curly hair puffing.

 

“We’re in the rainforest Lu! Nobody is here to see you and how you look.” Sehun pointed out, wishing he was sitting next to Luhan so he could hold the shorter in his arms because it was getting lonely on the log all alone. Luhan had insisted that they sit on separate logs before Sehun ‘kills him because of how stupid Sehun is’.

 

“Oh are you saying that I look bad?” Luhan shot back instantly.

 

Sehun gulped, he didn’t know what to say before Luhan sighed and clambered over to his log. “Never mind, I know you’re trying to make me feel better, even if you’re doing a very crappy job at it.” Luhan plopped himself right next to Sehun before Sehun immediately scooted closer, wrapping an arm around Luhan.

 

“How am I doing a crappy job? I don’t love you any less when you look untidy or how you call it.” Sehun asked, pressing a soft kiss to Luhan’s messy hair, “I think you look adorable.”

 

“I do not look adorable!” Luhan exclaimed, “I am manly!”

 

“Whatever you say babe.” Sehun cooes as he pulls Luhan onto his lap lovingly.

 

“I hate this.” Luhan groaned.

 

“But I love it, what if every time we have a special outing together like on our anniversary I make you puff and curl your hair like this every single time because I find it the most endearing thing I’ve ever seen?” Sehun asked as he ruffled Luhan’s hair, to Luhan’s horror.

 

“No!” He exclaimed, hitting Sehun on the chest lightly, “I never ever want this to happen!”

 

Sehun chuckled tightening his hold on Luhan before kissing his cheek, “But babe it already happened last time and this time.” Luhan groaned again before nuzzling into Sehun’s neck. “Really really hate you.”  

 

“Do you want to go on another boat ride?” Sehun asked.

 

“We literally just survived a waterfall together because of a boat ride, do you really want to do this?” Luhan answered skeptically.

 

“I promise this one will be way more memorable.”

 

That’s how they ended up on the river for the second time.

 

“I promise this time I’ll row.” Sehun exclaimed as he grabbed the paddle, he reached into his fanny pack and handed Luhan the camcorder, “You videotape.”

 

“Well, here we are on the Amazon river for the second time today, a recap of today’s events is that Sehun and I fell down a waterfall together and somehow lived, and I felt like killing Sehun numerous times today.” Luhan turned the camera to the lush forest, “It’s pretty peaceful right now, nothing seems to be happening.”

 

Suddenly, Sehun stopped the boat, “Lu this is the perfect place to stop, can I have the camcorder for a sec?”

 

“Sure,” Luhan answered handing him the camcorder.

 

“Hi! It’s me Sehun so I stopped Luhan and I here on the river,” Sehun turned the camcorder from him to Luhan, “As you can see Lu looks a little different from when we last saw him.”

 

Luhan yelped in surprise, trying to cover his hair. “Stop, what!”

 

“Lu I have to aim the camera at you, this is really important.” Sehun said in a hushed, soothing voice, patting Luhan’s cheek lovingly.

 

“Fine.” Luhan pouted, blush forming on his face.

 

“Luhan, this is our fourth anniversary together, and we’ve known eachother for nine years now.”

 

“Actually eight but go on.” Luhan interrupted biting his lip nervously, his cheeks reddening.

 

“Anyways,” Sehun continued, rubbing Luhan’s cheeks still while holding his camcorder. “I know you really hate my guts right now but I seriously have to ask.” Sehun ped his fanny pack and took out his inhaler box, opening it with one hand came out not an inhaler, but a box. “Will you marry me?” He asked opening the box and bending down, before being tackled by Luhan.

 

“Yes! Even though I hate the way I look right now!” Luhan exclaimed, hugging Sehun close. “I love you.” Luhan whispers before kissing Sehun full on the lips. Sehun sets the camcorder down and winds an arm around Luhan’s waist and kisses back hard. Sehun begins rubbing Luhan’s cheeks again, something that Luhan find ticklish and squeals against Sehun’s lips. Luhan pokes Sehun before continuing, running a hand through Sehun’s hair to tug him even closer. But Sehun quickly pulls away, causing Luhan to whine.

 

“I have to actually put the ring on your finger first.” Luhan looked up through glassy eyes as Sehun bent down and slipped the ring on his finger.

 

“Perfect fit.” Luhan smiled before leaning in and capturing Sehun’s lips.

 

“Luhan I hate to break it to you but look behind you.” Luhan spun around to see yet another waterfall.

“Sehun…”

 

“It’s okay, this time we can fall,” Sehun grabbed Luhan’s waist, “together.”

 

“Idiot we were falling together before!”


“Stop ruining the moment!” 

 


A short lil oneshot I worked on a long time ago. :) If you want a sequel please ask :)