Final

Drowned In Misery
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan turned around and looked back at the dark apartment. The more he looked back, the more the memories flooded back, the more the tears flooded back, the more the words flooded back, and most importantly, the more the image of Sehun flooded back.

 

Sehun, it’s better if I leave, Luhan thought to himself. Clutched in his hand was a letter from Sehun that was stained with tears.

 

To my beautiful other half,

 

I’m so sorry, even though you were the most precious person in my life, I must leave tomorrow. When you wake up in the morning, I will be gone. My parents don’t approve of us together, and though they admit that you are indeed very caring, understanding and brother-like, you are a boy, and they wished that I had a girlfriend instead.

 

My heart is hurting so much, and I know by the time you read this, your heart is probably broken into little pieces.

 

I must go, and don’t come looking for me, please.

 

No matter where I go, who I end up with, I won’t ever forget you. Please don’t forget me, remember, you’ll always be my other half.

 

Please, let your tears roll up your face back into your eyes and smile, for me, please?

 

Luhan hyung, I miss you already. Don’t worry, we can love in out next life, can’t we?

 

With too much love,

 

Sehun XOXO

 

Sehun had written that letter last night and slid it under the door of Luhan’s room. He thought Luhan was asleep, but the truth was, he was still awake. Luhan had picked the letter up and began reading. His eyes were tearing up. Why did Sehun do this to him? How could he? But it wasn’t his fault, was it?

 

Now Luhan stood in front of the door, Sehun still sleeping in his room. It was 12am. With tears sliding down his face, he turned around with great effort, opened the door and stepped outside.

 

I can’t do this.

 

He turned around again. His brain was telling him to get out, but his heart was holding him back. This was the biggest dilemma of his life. He decided to go with his brain, so he turned around for the last time and slammed the door. His new life journey was about to begin.

 

At 3am, Sehun woke up to his alarm clock. It was the time to set off. Grabbing his suitcase and the photo of Luhan beside his bed, he quickly brushed his teeth and walked towards the door. On the door stuck a note written in beautiful and fancy handwriting.

 

Sehun, it’s better if I leave. The world outside is dangerous. You know that I love you to the moon and back, no matter where I am. Don’t forget me, because you’ll always be in my heart. And don’t you cry either, remember real men don’t cry? That’s what you said…

 

With an overdose of love,

 

Luhan Hyung XOXO

 

Luhan Hyung, you can’t do this to me, Sehun thought, tears falling onto the note. He grasped it tight in his hands, and held the picture of Luhan up to his eyes. It was too much to bear, and he fell to the ground bawling his eyes out. Finally, he lifted his head and took his phone from his pocket and dialled Luhan’s number.

 

Luhan hyung, answer me. Please.

 

He waited for Luhan to answer. But there was no answer. Sehun, however did not give up so easily, he called Luhan again and again until the 14th time, when he finally dropped his phone onto the wooden floor and buried his head in his lap.

 

Luhan was walking down the main roads of Seoul. It was as busy as day, and Luhan was surprised at this. Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrating. Taking it out of his pocket, it read “Sehun” on the contacts list.

 

Luhan, you are not his anymore. Don’t answer the phone call.

 

Luhan, answer the phone call, you know you miss him.

 

Luhan, you left him first. Leave him alone. Decline it.

 

Luhan, he’s probably crying at home, answer it now.

 

These thoughts flashed through his head. It seemed impossible for him to choose. In the end, he didn’t pick it up. He felt his phone vibrating all the time, but he ignored them with great pain. Deep inside he wanted to pick his phone up and tell Sehun how much he loves him, but the thought that he was leaving kept him back.

 

Luhan, is your heart an empty heart?

 

Of course it was. His heart had been 100% Sehun. Without him, his heart was hollow with no feelings.

 

But you do have feelings. You’re crying.

 

Of course he was crying. Down his soft white face was droplets of tears, down the road was a mini trail of tears. As each tear came out, his heart became emptier, and emptier, and emptier……

 

You shouldn’t be missing him, you should be going ahead with your life, not with Sehun.

 

Of course he shouldn’t be missing him, but was it possible? Every part of his body ached with pain with the absence of Sehun. He wanted to turn back and run to Sehun again, but that was obviously the wrong decision to make.

 

Luhan, real men don’t turn back. They continue with what they are doing.

 

He wiped his tears. Stop thinking about him, his heart said. He’s not yours anymore. Let him go. Free yourself, and go ahead and change your destiny…

 

Sitting back on his bed again, Sehun stared at Luhan’s picture with watery eyes. It was absolutely depressing to look at him, let alone think about the days before. He knew Luhan wasn’t going to come home again. He began to blame himself.

 

You stupid thing, why did you write that note? Did you know how that made Luhan feel?

 

His parents never disapproved of him. He simply didn’t want to be with Luhan anymore. And now he was regretting his choice. He would never forgive himself for doing this, and yet he couldn’t go back in time to change it.

 

Oh Sehun. I hate you, he said to himself. He hated himself for making Luhan leave, and he’d just realised that he had made the biggest mistake and told the biggest lie in his life. Luhan was the only person he’d love. Nobody else.

 

What do I do? Do I go find him? Or do I stay and wait? Or do I call the police? I need Luhan hyung….

 

You stupid thing, go look for him!

 

But what if he comes back?

 

Then wait here!

 

But what if he doesn’t?

Well call the police!

 

Sehun was going crazy. He didn’t know what he was talking about. He told himself one thing.

 

I need Luhan.

 

He picked up his suitcase and his picture of Luhan and head out the door. Where could he have possibly gone? How was Sehun supposed to know? Sehun collapsed to the ground once more and starting to hit himself.

 

It’s all your fault. Look what you’ve done.

 

Sehun suddenly remembered something. He could always message Luhan!

 

Luhan hyung? I know you’ll ignore me, but please read this. I’m so sorry for everything, my heart is breaking, I am melting inside, and if I don’t find you I will commit suicide. Why? Because I had just told the biggest lie of my life. Luhan hyung, please forgive me, I love you like nobody else…

 

Luhan felt his phone vibrate. Taking it out, he found that someone had messaged him. Seriously? At 5am? Who could it be? he thought as he clicked on the messaging icon. It was Se

Please log in to read the full chapter