Reminiscing

Sacred

It was two month since he left her, and in those two month she had done everything, everything to move on and recover from her heart ache. But she just couldnt or maybe she just doesnt want to. Because she knows, or a more suitable word to describe it, she hopes he would come back. It was just illogical for him to leave her, without any solid logical reason, and she was a woman of logic. Trying to accept the situation as it is was an absurd thing to do for her. Hence why she hated her family, her friends and all the other people who told her to move on.                                  

 

 "Try losing someone you loved with all your heart, someone who you thought would be your long life partner, your soulmate. Try puting your feet in my shoes and walk in them. You keep saying that  it will be alright, that everything will go back to normal. Those words you tell me, to make me feel better, yeah theyre not helping at all. So i suggest you stop, because you have no idea what i'm going through right now"

That was her reply when her besfriend, Yura tried to console her, by then her eyes we're already red and swollen from crying too much. Was she overreacting? She was. She admitted that. But she couldnt help it. She felt empty without him.

 

"Hey, you know how I always put a lot of thoughts in my words?"

"mmm"

"Well, I've been thinking about this alot, and this may sound cheesy but, I think we will end up marrying each other"

He stopped at whatever he was doing and stared at the girl,  he looked at every crooks and corners of her face, her petite nose, her brilliant brown eyes, her thin lips, her long lashes, the way her brown hair compliments her skin colour, he took in everything and saved it in his memory. He stared at her, as if it would be their last meeting.

"Please dont stare at me like that and leave me hanging, you were supposed to give me a reply"

The girl kicked his knee, bringing him back from his endless train of thoughts.

"I think so to"

The girl, satisfied with his answer, went back to doing her homework. The boy, let out a sigh. A sigh of dissapointment for not having the courage to tell the girl the truth. A sigh of defeat, for being too weak in front of the girl, for being too in love with the girl when he knows that his love would end up dissapointing her. She was the first girl he fell in love with. Living his life, he didnt have the time to look at any girls, but this girl was different. She was a magnetic field that constantly pulls him, he was heavily attracted to her and he did what any guy would do, he approached her. He was friendzoned at first but the girl wasnt stupid, he was perfect, he had looks, and manners, like any girl, she fell in love with him.

The news of them being in a relationship broke out and everyone was happy for them. The beautiful girl who only had time for books, and running practise finally opened her heart to a boy, and the quiet guy from the football team made a courageous move to ask her out. They were the longest lasting couple, they started during their second year of high school and now its their senior year but they were still going strong, still head over heels for each other. It was true love and everyone agreed. Everyone, even the teachers and their parents thought they would end up in marriage.

But he did the unthinkable, he phoned her one night, called it off, apologized, and hung up. She was confused, furious and sad. She thought they would last forever, she was never wrong in anything, NEVER. She screamed and her parents stormed inside her room. Oblivious of what was happening, her mom held her like a newborn baby, careful not to put too much strength in her hug, for she knew that at that moment she was more fragile than any vase from China.

She didnt go to school the next day, her condition was too awful and she didnt want to face him. She wasnt ready yet. In the evening Yura called, asking why she didnt attend school, worried something had happened to her. But only when Yura said that the boy too didnt attend school did she pay attention to her bestfriend's call.

"Do you know why? Have you called him? Did he sound alright?"

"Hold on there sis, you gotta slow down. Did somehing happen beween the two of you. Your voice sounds awful."

She cleared . "I got a flu. Nothing serious. Have you tried phoning him?" She repeated her question, this time sounding more desperate.

"Obviously somethings going on here. Why wont you phone him yourself?"

She sigh, she hasnt called him. She had no time to deal with Yura right now so she made up an excuse and ended the call. Why didnt he attend school? Her heart wanted to believe that he too, was crying all night, but she doubted it. Something was going on, and she was never wrong. 

'Well you thought you were gonna marry him'

She reminded herself that indeed like every human, she was wrong. It was her first time being wrong. She sat dumbfoundedly on her bed, what was going to happen?

A week passed, she went to school like normal, physically that is, emotionally she was still unstable, but she did her best to not break down whenever she sees his locker, or his desk. Everywehre she looked she would him and it was painful for her. Everyone asked her where was he, was he sick? Did he went abroad? Did something happen to him? and she honestly didnt know how to answer them because, she too like each and everyone of them, doesnt have any clue. What was she supposed to say? That they broke up? That they havent talked ever since that night? No. It was too embrassing to admit it.And so she kept quite, and eventually they did too. Just like that two weeks later, everyone forgot about him, and she struggled to live her life.

She finally had the courage to visit his house one day, but to her dismay it was owned by someone else now, the owner who had just moved in a week ago told her that the previous owner ent abroad, to where he doesnt know. But that wasnt the weird part, the weird part is that they were too hasty to move that they left all their furnitures. She walked home, a walk that she felt like the longest walk of her life,  her legs felt heavy, she didnt have enought energy to lift them up and her mind was spinning. Everything that was happening right now, none of it make sense and she didnt like it one bit. She needed facts and explanations not puzzles and enigmas. She may be good at solving math equations but she's no Sherlock Holmes, she couldnt solve this mystery that was engulfing her emotions and sanity.

She gave up and ended up crying on the sidewalk. People we're giving her odd stares but she didnt care for the only thing on her mind right now was that boy. The memories of them together resurfaced and she cried harder. How he would suprise her on her birthday, their amusement park date, their beach date, their picnin date. It aws the first time she felt so in love and it felt amazing. She, who was so skeptical of love gave in to a guy whom she believed with all her heart would be her husband.

But all hope is lost.                        

and her life is shattered.

She hated girls who become weak because of a guy.

But she was becoming one of them.

And she hated herself.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

So i noticed that theres not much fantasy fics about beast so i decided to write one.

So hows that for a first chapter?

I wont be revealing the boy anytime soon.

Leave constructive comments on how i could improve my writing.

Thank you for reading!

(Spread the fic if you dont mind hehe)