Chapter 4 - Let Me Love You

No Regrets, Just Love [Hiatus]

 

Chapter 4

 

 [Minho’s P.O.V]

 

                   Finally leaving Taemin after reassuring him that I would be back, I made my way back to the apartment that I shared with Onew. Truthfully, it was Onew’s apartment that I was staying in, though.

                   I opened the apartment door and the smell of chicken hit me. I sighed. So the punishment was already being carried out. I walked into the kitchen to find Onew. There was fried chicken, boiled chicken, spicy chicken, roasted chicken, and two bowls of rice set on the dining table. I sighed, again. This month was going to be a long month.

                   “So there you are. Finally decide to show up?” Onew said while he was making some drinks, not turning back to look at me.

                   “Sorry, hyung. I had something to do.” I replied simply. I tell him everything, but I wanted to wait a while before telling him about Taemin. He would probably worry about Taemin being like Vince and ask somebody from the gang to run background checks on him before he let me see Taemin again. He might seem like a cold and tough guy, but he’s really nice and caring once you get to know him.

                   “What do you mean you had something to do?! You could have at least called me and let me know! I told you to find that Park guy and give him a lesson!” Onew finally turned around and looked at me angrily.

                   I put my hands up in surrender. “Hyung, you’re already cooking ten thousand types of chicken dishes. I’m going to take my punishment, alright? I’ll go after the Park guy tomorrow.” I sat down at the dining table as he sat down the drinks on the dining table and sat down beside me.

                   “Fine. You better be thankful that I trust you enough to not question you more! Anyways, dig in! I’m starving.” He started to eat. I dug in after sighing again at the sight of all the chicken dishes. I bet normal people don’t eat this much chicken.

                   While I was eating, I could feel Onew observing me. That was rare. Usually when he was eating chicken, he would be in his own little world and totally ignore other people. I ignored his stare and ate in silence.

                   Finally finishing our meal, I gathered up the plates and brought them to the sink. As I was washing them, Onew just leaned against the wall and stared at me. This was starting to creep me out.

                   “Hyung, what are you staring at?” I finally asked, unable to take it anymore. He shrugged and walked out. I sighed. This guy is just seriously weird sometimes. As I continued to wash the plates, Taemin’s face appeared in my mind and I smiled. He had asked me out. Despite being afraid of the past and being hurt again, I said yes. There was just something different about Taemin.

                   I went to bed after doing the dishes. I tried to sleep, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t get Taemin out of my head. I remember when I woke up this morning to see his face.

                   I felt a vibration in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and smiled, seeing Taemin’s name flash across the screen. “Hello?” I said, answering the call.

                   “Hey.” I hear his voice. His whispering sent a shiver up my spine, in a good way. “What are you doing?” He asked. I froze a little. Vince used to ask me that all the time. Vince had to know what I was doing, where I was, who I was with all the time.

                   “Minho? Are you there?” His voice jolted me back to reality. This is Taemin, I reminded myself. His soft voice broke into my thoughts again. “Is that what he used to ask you?” I softened. Taemin knew me so well even though we’ve only just met yesterday.   

                   “Yeah, Taemin. I’m here. I’m just lying on my bed, thinking.” I finally answered his question.

                   “I’m doing the same. I can’t talk too loud because Key umma or Jonghyun hyung will wake up and ask me why I’m not asleep yet. I miss you already.” Taemin said. I could hear his smile over the phone. I smiled, too.

                   “Taemin-ah, what are you thinking about, then?”

                   There was a few seconds of silence before he finally replied. “You.” I could feel him blushing. I laughed. “Can I come over?” I suddenly had the urge to see him again, although I literally just left his house before dinner, which was a couple of hours ago.

                   “Sure. I’ll sneak out of my room and open the gate for you.” He said, hanging up. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweater and headed out.

 

[Taemin’s P.O.V.]

 

                  I snuck out of my room carefully. Considering that it was the first time I’m sneaking out, I’m actually quite skilled at not making any noise. I tip-toed over to Key umma’s room. Jonghyun hyung stays over sometimes when my parents aren’t home. My parents knew about Jonghyun and Key’s relationship and weren’t against it, though. I put my ear to the door and listened for any noises.

                   I could hear Jonghyun singing a lullaby, then Key umma saying “I love when you sing me lullabies.” I chuckled. The lovebirds probably won’t hear my sneaking out, then. I made my way to the gate and waited.

                   Minho finally showed up, panting. “Did you run all the way here?” I asked him, laughing as I opened the gate for him.

                   Minho put his arms around my waist and smiled. “Couldn’t wait to see you.” Gosh, he can be so cheesy sometimes. I’m glad I broke down his walls. This side of him is much better than the cold gangster Minho.

                   I led him back into my room, careful not to make any sound. Minho was stealthy as well. We reached my room safely and gave a sigh of relief. It would be awkward if Key umma of Jonghyun hyung heard us. God knows how they’ll react if they catch me sneaking a guy into my room. They were really protective of me.

                   I sat down on the bed and pulled him down with me. I could see him tense up more and more. I took his hand and kissed it. He looked at me in surprise. “Minho, it’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.” I gently said.

                   He looked at me and relaxed a little. We lay down and I cuddled in his arms. I lay snuggled into his chest and he my hair. I could feel myself getting sleepy when suddenly he whispered softly to me.

                   “Taemin… what if I can’t get over my past? I love you, but I’m afraid to love you.” I could hear the sincerity in his voice. He was asking me indirectly to pick up his broken pieces.

                   I didn’t say anything. I just titled my head up and gently pecked his lips. He froze for a second before relaxing. “We’ll try. We’ll go slowly, okay? I won’t ask you to do anything you don’t want to.” I said softly to him, snuggling back into his chest.

                   I feel him relaxing and eventually fall asleep. I was sleepy then, but I was wide awake now after he’s asked me that question. It was going to be harder dating him and falling for him compared to other people. It was going to be a long, tough ride, but I’m up for it. I’m not sure if I can get off this ride safely at the end, but I’m sure that I don’t want to get off anytime soon. I’m hanging on no matter what this time. I’m going to pick up his broken pieces and make him believe in love again.