02. Hot Chocolate

Tinsel, Presents and Other Christmas Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO APOLOGISE FOR EVERY CHAPTER THIS SURELY WASN'T WHAT YOU EXPECTED OMG please try to enjoy ily

 

Hyukjae sits on the couch, fiddling with his fingers. The hot chocolate left on the counter grows colder as time goes by, and Hyukjae becomes more and more worried. Checking the large grandfather clock and then checking his watch for confirmation, he looks back at the door unsettlingly.

Donghae had gone out in the morning without a jacket as it wasn't that cold, but it had started to snow halfway through the day, and Donghae had left his phone at home. Hyukjae sighs and picks up Donghae's iPhone in one hand, fiddling with it. He turns it on, and smiles fondly at Donghae's background; a picture of them together in matching beanies.

The sound of the turning of the handle on the door he'd previously been staring at shakes him out of his train of thought. Hyukjae stands up in alarm, letting the phone drop from his hands and safely onto the sofa.

Donghae walks through the door, cheeks and nose tinted pink. There's snow dusted on his thin jumper, and he looks entirely worn out, and his frame is shivering so hard it looks like he’s vibrating. Hyukjae walks over and immediately opens his arms, and Donghae walks into the warm embrace happily.

"Hyukjae," Donghae says, nose blocked. From up close, Hyukjae can see the man's chapped lips, and he wants to wrap the shorter man in fifteen blankets and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter