???

Tinsel, Presents and Other Christmas Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MERRY CHRISTMAS

stay warm stay safe be happy and have a happy new year

i love you!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sungmin, I don’t know…” Donghae pauses to cover to speaker of the phone as he looks up in alert at the sound of pots and pans clanging. He raises an eyebrow curiously, because he lives alone. Letting out a loud sigh, Donghae takes the phone and holds it with his shoulder, just in time to tune in on something Sungmin is saying about how he’s hosting a Christmas party. The argument that Sungmin chooses to use is “I know the perfect person for you” and Donghae knows it’ll just be very messy night.

“I really don’t think I should, Min,” Donghae says, half committedly as he walks calmly to the kitchen. He releases the breath he doesn’t realise he’s holding when he realises it’s just the wind from the open window that knocked a pan over. Nothing seems to have broken, so Donghae just closes the window and takes the phone in his right hand again. “I mean, I just got out of…”

“I know, I know, but he’s perfect for you. I promise,” Sungmin tries again, sounding almost pleading. When Donghae doesn’t reply, he resorts to- “Sa Eun is making gingerbread cookies.”

Donghae’s ears perk up.

“Tomorrow seven thirty?”

Sungmin lets out a loud laugh.

“You’re insane. Yeah, come over. Kyuhyun is bringing Hyuna and everything. And remember Heechul and Gunhee?”

“Who doesn’t?”

“Well, they’re coming too. It’ll be great, I promise!” Sungmin gasps on the other end of the phone just as Donghae opens the fridge to look for something to eat, eyes settling on a leftover packet of Choco pie. “Sorry, got to go, bye!”

“Bye,” says Donghae absentmindedly, just after the beeping. He throws his phone on the couch and slumps down, eating the Choco pie, dramatically and harshly munching down on the soft snack. Turning on the television, he tries not to think about the impending spiral of doom he’s about to throw himself into.

 

 

 

“Come in!”

It’s Sa Eun that opens the door, and Donghae widens his eyes at the amount of people already there and it makes him almost want to turn around and run. Noticing, Sa Eun lets out a small laugh. “Sorry about this, Hae. You know how Sungmin is. Please try to enjoy yourself, though.”

“Yeah,” Donghae says, looking for the table of food. As soon as he spots it through the huge crowd of people, he lets out a sigh and a smile, turning back to Sa Eun. “Merry Christmas to you and Sungmin.”

“Thanks.” Sa Eun lets out a dazzling smile. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go find that husband of mine. I think he’s bringing out the wine. You know how he is about his wine.”

They look at each other knowingly, Donghae shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

“Well, I’d better get going,” says Donghae quickly, remembering that Sungmin wanted to introduce him to someone, desperately trying to avoid any sort of drunk matchmaking.

“Okay, have fun!”

Donghae heads straight for the snack table. There’s liquor, as expected, but Donghae reaches straight for the biggest plate and fills it with cookies. A few of the people eye him oddly (who takes ten cookies at one time?) but they shrug it off. Donghae turns around, making a beeline straight for the comfortable couch.

He ducks between people, grimacing at two people making out who probably hadn’t met before. Donghae looks down at his feet in disgust, almost regretting coming to the party. He barely even knows any of Sungmin and Sa Eun’s drama friends, and feels like he probably won’t know anyone else at the party.

Sitting down at last, Donghae takes his first bite of the cookie, remembering why he agreed to come. Relishing in the lovely taste of gingerbread, he tries desperately to block out the sound of blaring music and loud chatter. However, there’s a very clear husky voice he hears and it makes Donghae want to shove his head in some sand to be avoided, because he knows the voice is talking to him.

“Hi, sorry, is there anyone sitting here?”

“Uhhhhh,” Donghae drawls, still looking down at his cookie. He realises how terribly awkward and antisocial he must have sounded, and he immediately wishes to take it all back. Looking up at the man, he plans to say a clear yes, this seat is taken.

“No, no one’s sitting here.”

“Okay, thanks,” the man says, and Donghae wants to slap himself. However, the male, now next to him, is kind of really attractive and it makes Donghae blush all hues of schoolgirl pink. Instead of focusing on his cookie, Donghae finds himself zoning out of the cookie and focusing on the way the man next to him with the striking blond hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter