Dressing Room

In The Promenade

       I rather look at the department store than the stand-alone shops in the mall. Are you asking why? Simply because there are more choices of clothes. Clothes inside the department store are way cheaper than the clothes in the stand-alone shops. I can’t compare the quality and the designs, as they are of the same fabric and some of the designs are better than the other.

 

        I am looking at those newly-arrived dresses that the mannequins are wearing. “Lee Donghae! Look at that red one,” I am trying to catch your attention, your eyes, from the swimsuit section. “The red one looks nice, don’t you think?” I said, with you finally looking at the mannequin wearing a red, short, lace dress. “Try it on. I think it suits you,” you suggested.

 

        I called one of the salesladies to get me the dress and she quickly gave me the dress hanging from the display. We rushed to the nearest dressing room. You sat on one of the beanbags provided there and I went into the properly-lit, small cubicle. I removed my coat and put it on the hook at the back of the door and then one by one I remove every piece of my clothing that covers my small body. Then I wondered how did you even like me? I have a flat chest and stick-like legs, other than that, whenever you hold my body, you can always feel my hard ribs. Why me?

 

        Does this dress really suit me? I slipped it on fast. It lingered on my non-existent and bony legs, feeling the soft lace fabric on my skin. It fits perfectly. It conceals all my imperfections, all my scars. Can the people see me past my undesirable traits through this dress?

 

        “Can I see you now?” you called me. I went outside, feeling the cold, hard floor. I did not bother to put on shoes; it takes time to put on the complicated straps around my ankle.

 

        You smiled and stood up. “Twirl,” you commanded me and I obliged. “Beautiful,” you exhaled. I was not expecting you to push me back into the cubicle, but you did. My back is brushing against the mirror, you leaning strongly in front of me, and I becoming as wobbly as a jelly. “Let me get that for you,” you breathed on my neck before finally kissing it.

 

        Your lips traveled on my neck, my chin, and finished on my lips. You kissed my passionately and I am losing all the energy that I have. You caught my hips on time, preventing me from falling. What you don’t know is that I already fell—hard.