Angel's Tears

Angel's Tears

Once upon a time, in a very wonderful forest, lived a young girl named Taeyeon. She’s an angel  that was sent to protect everything in the forest - like a fairy. Unlike the other angels, her wings are not visible to everybody.  Because of this, she is often mistaken as a human.

 

     Taeyeon loves playing with animals. She treats them as her family and the animals  loved her a lot. She took care of every animal and made sure that everyone gets equal attention. When humans destroy their place, Taeyeon makes sure that no one gets hurt. She hates it when humans do this. She believes that humans are respectable but if they’re destroying her world like this, she would believe that humans are awful.

      One day, when Taeyeon was taking care of the fishes at the river, a strange movement came from the trees.She looked where the movement came from and there, stood a handsome young man, clad in a black garment. His hair is as black as a coal. And so are his eyes.

 

“I apologize for my childish behavior, young lady.” said the young man.

   

      He was very attracted to her beauty. Her blue dress that perfectly complimented her pale white skin. Her hair that’s decorated by white flowers that made her look so young. But that’s not what he is here for. He is not searching for a mate. He has a wife.

 

    He is her total opposite. The young man was dressed in black that made him look like a raven turned human. Which is exactly what he is. He is the devil. His name is Stephan.

 

   “No harm done, young man. Feel free to wander around this forest but do nothing that could ruin this place for if you do, you will be punished.” answered Taeyeon.



 

   “I understand. Your forest is so wonderful just like you. Would you mind if I ask for your name?” asked the young man.

   Taeyeon shook her head and told him her name. He also introduced himself afterwards. He kept on complimenting her. Telling her how beautiful, kind-hearted, and innocent she is. Taeyeon saw nothing bad with being with Stephan. She found his presence a good one for most of the time, she felt lonely. Living in this forest alone is hard for her.

 

  Time flew by fast and the sun already started to say goodbye. Both of them did not realize it until a monkey approached Taeyeon and asked her what does she like to eat for dinner.

 

  “It’s nice meeting you Iris.” said Stephan. “I can come back tomorrow if it’s fine with you.”

 

  “As long as it wouldn’t be a problem to you, dear Stephan” said Taeyeon nicely.

 

  Stephan found it funny how clueless Taeyeon could be. He never thought that angels are very innocent. He thought they are ignorant and very intelligent. But maybe, he thought wrong.

 

   The next day came by pretty fast. They met at the same place at the same time. That day was a different day. He invited her to go with him somewhere. Telling her about a pretty flower as an excuse. With Taeyeon being as innocent as she is, she did not know that she is in danger.

 

  “My dear Taeyeon,” said Stephan with a terrifying smile on his face “how innocent could you be?”

 

   Taeyeon, still not knowing the situation, just looked at him blankly. He took this opportunity to trap Taeyeon with the ropes that he prepared. Taeyeon finally realized what’s happening and she was not scared; for she knew that the devil never won against an angel. This time, it would be another victory for an angel.

 

 “Angels are useless. You should be put to death” said Stephan, getting a knife and stabbing her heart. Taeyeon felt pain and it was enough to make her unconscious. She wasn’t scared for she knew that the devil didn’t know that angels wouldn’t die if you stabbed their heart - they would only die if you cut their head off.

 

  Stephan, left her on the ground destroyed the forest. He cut the trees and killed the animals. He was so happy in what he did. But his happiness would not last long.

 

  When Taeyeon woke up, she saw what happened to her forest. The trees and animals are all gone. She let out a tear of anger. And another for pain. Another for sadness.

 

  She knew it was wrong. Angels shouldn’t be like this. But he destroyed her most important treasure. She would make him pay. She knew that she, alone, can’t destroy the devil. So, she decided she would cut the head of the devil’s wife.

 

   She used her powers and saw the devil’s wife fast asleep. Taeyeon cut her head off and flew far away. She prepared a small box and placed the woman’s head inside. Again, she used her power to send this box to Stephan.

 

  When Stephan saw his wife’s head, he became so red because heartache. Though he was evil, he loved her so dearly. He wept and wept until he can’t breathe and finally died. Taeyeon saw everything and finally, she smiled. Soon after, the angels went down to appreciate Taeyeon’s bravery.

 

  Because of her accomplishment, the Heavens were so glad and said: “Our dear Taeyeon, you were wonderful. Don’t be fearful, you wouldn’t be punished for using your powers for you successfully smashed our enemy. Because of this, we will build your forest again and there, you shall be glad and live forever.”