Cold Night

If Only You Knew (HIATUS)

 

As I want to savour every precious time that we spend together, I observe every single detail in this moment;

The bright stars that lit up the velvet sky, the unusually large full moon, the cold breeze that sways the trees, the sides of our hands occasionally bumping, the uniformity of the steps we make, the exchange of our words.

Just thinking about these things, it's enough to make the butterflies in my stomach go on a frenzy.

As we continue to walk at a slow phase, I felt an arm lean on my back and fingers gripping my shoulder.

I looked at him; he looked back and smiled.

I felt my heartbeat get faster.

As if his presence alone, isn't enough to overwhelm me.

I glanced at him, again.

He's his usual laid-back self. 

Why is it that I'm the only one who's nervous?

I could see him at the side of my eye, staring at me with a confused look on his face.

Why? Did he notice?

He started talking. "Hyung.."

Please, don't notice. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Mino. I'm just.. I'm really tired."

"Oh. I see."

"Well, the photographer did demand us difficult poses." He rubbed the back of his neck. "My back is killing me!"

"You did great."

He looked at me and smiled. "You did great yourself, too." He patted my head.

My heart momentarily stopped beating.

I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

How come every little things you say and do, makes me so worked up?

I should calm myself down. 

"Hyung, what's up with you? You're acting weird again," he asked suspiciously.

Am I too obvious?

"Uhh.. Nothing. I told you I'm just tired."

He looked at me and nodded.

"Hmm.. I wonder what outfit should I wear for tomorrow's performance."

You don't need to worry about that, silly. Anything will look good on you.

"Consult Seung-yoon. He'll know what to suggest."

He chuckled. "Right, you always ask for his advice."

"That's cos he has an eye for fashion."

He raised an eyebrow. "Don't say that in front of him. It'll boost his ego."

He let go of his arms on me.

His warmth, being transferred to my body, suddenly disappeared.

"Well. We're here!" he stretched his back.

I looked up in front of me and saw our apartment building. 

We already got back, huh? 

Why did the time flew by so fast, and slow at the same time?

"Let's go! I wanna sleep already," he said.

I smiled. "Okay."

 


 

Why is it so cold? I'm freezing here!

How dare those bastards ask Jinwoo to buy snacks for them? I can't just let him go out by himself. It's too dangerous!

But I guess it's not too bad that I came along. The sky is really beautiful right now. And it's fun being with him.

Oh yeah, is this guy alright? He looks like he's been in a daze for a while now. 

Daydreaming, I guess? He's been smiling by himself, like a mad man.

Aish. He looks so adorable.

I wanna hold him.

Hmm? Why did he suddenly stiffened up? Did I gripped on his shoulder too tight? He looks really tensed up.

"Hyung.. Are you okay?"

Did I make him uncomfortable?

"Yeah, I'm fine, Mino. I'm just.. I'm really tired," he said nervously.

Hmm? What's he up to? I know that's not the reason.

Is he hiding something?

"Oh. I see. Well, the photographer did demand us difficult poses. My back is killing me!"

"You did great." he said.

"You did great yourself, too." I smiled and patted his head.

Jinwoo tensed up again. Is he really okay? Why is he like that?

"Hyung, what's up with you? You're acting weird again."

"Uhh.. Nothing! I told you I'm just tired."

I guess he really doesn't want to tell me. I shouldn't be so nosy.

"Hmm.. I wonder what outfit should I wear for tomorrow's performance."

His face brightened up. "Consult Seungyoon. He'll know what to suggest."

Hm? I guess he really likes Seungyoon, huh?

"Right, you always ask for his advice."

"That's cos he has an eye for fashion."

Aish. Stop praising that good-for-nothing bastard. He even asked you, his hyung, to buy ice cream for him, in this cold night!

"Don't say that in front of him. It'll boost his ego."

Oh. We already got back. 

That's surprisingly fast. 

"Well. We're here. Let's go! I wanna sleep already,"

"Okay."

Hmm?

Why does he looks so gloomy all of a sudden?

 

 



As you guys noticed, I wrote this in the POV of Jinwoo and Mino, at the same time and at the same place. 

No confusion, right?

Sorry if it's too short. But that's the way I want it to be. 

Thank you for reading the first chapter! I hope you guys would continue supporting this fic til the end.