Chapter 38

Unwanted

 

 

[A/N: This is a New Year's Special... so again... It's a bit longer than the usual chapters. =)]

You sat there resting your chin on your palm just staring at Wooyoung who did all the talking. You just tried to be friendly and nodding at everything he was saying. You glanced at your watch… New Year’s Eve will be coming. Yet your father stuck you in this little game called blind dating.

 

Your father suddenly arrived and you beamed.

“Appa!” You stood up and walked towards him, he gave you a tight hug. You went back to your table, Wooyoung also stood up and greeted your father. After that, Wooyoung already left. You sat beside your father. “Dad, you don’t have to settle dates for me.” You pouted.

“I’m worried about you. I don’t want just any guy for you.” He put one of his arms around your shoulder and kissed your forehead. “I wanna keep you in my pocket and always bring you everywhere with me so no one can touch my princess.”

“Dad… I’ll always be your princess, you know that.” You cuddled him back.

“Should we go home now? You have the whole New Year’s Eve to decide on the six guys you’ve met.” Both of you stood up.

“Six? I only met five…” You muttered. But your father heard it. He looked at you confusedly remembering he contacted six guys in all. He was about to speak when someone interrupted…

“Sorry, I’m late!” Woohyun was panting as he ran towards you and your father. You blinked in surprised. Your father glanced at you and you just shrugged your shoulders. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Nam Woohyun.” He bowed to your father.

“I-I didn’t know there was Nam Woohyun on my list.” You father took a piece of paper from his pocket. But before he could read it, you stopped him.

“A-appa, can you buy a coffee for me? Pleeeeease?” You cutely pouted. You father sighed.

“Alright. I guess your blind date isn’t done yet. I’ll return with your coffee.” Your father glanced at Woohyun before leaving. You smiled at your father and turned to Woohyun as soon as he left.

 

“What are you doing here?” You asked.

“I’m your blind date. What’s wrong?” Woohyun playfully smiled at you.

“Like I’m gonna believe you.” You rolled your eyes. “Seriously, how did you know?”

Woohyun sat down and you followed. He started narrating…

 

Woohyun received a call from Sunggyu that morning. They’re going to have another session of ‘teaching-Woohyun-how-to-be-a-real-man’. They were supposed to meet at a certain place. But in the afternoon, Sunggyu called him.

“Change plans.” Sunggyu said on the phone. That’s the moment he left the restaurant when Wooyoung came.

“Wae???” Woohyun irritatingly complained since he’s been waiting for Sunggyu for a while now.

“______ is blind dating.” Sunggyu said.

“MWO?!?!?!” Woohyun’s eyes widened.

“Don’t overreact, aish!” Sunggyu said. He told Woohyun the restaurant you were at and he hurriedly went.

 

Just outside the restaurant, as Woohyun was walking, he bumped into Wooyoung.

“Choesonghamnida.” Both of them bowed to each other apologizing.

“Ah! Chansung!” Wooyoung turned to the guy who’s coming their way. “What are you doing here? It’s good to see you!” They high fived. Woohyun still standing there.

“I have a date. Who knows? I might get the chance!” Chansung answered. Woohyun’s eyebrows furrowed. Chansung looked at Woohyun.

“Aah, I just bumped into him a while ago before I saw you.” Wooyoung said. “Anyway, I was on a date too. But I need to leave now. I’ll see you next time!” Wooyoung said and left.

Chansung bowed slightly at Woohyun, but Woohyun held back his arm. “Who are you going to date?” He asked. “I mean… you know, I just wanna know.”

“I don’t know her, I just got her name. She’s _____.” Chansung answered.

“_____-ah? Here?” Woohyun asked, he laughed a little. “I was with her earlier, but not here.” Chansung got confused. “We’re friends, we did hang out just earlier. Maybe you got the wrong restaurant.” He patted Chansung’s shoulder.

“Ah, jinjja? It was a blind date. Maybe I really got the wrong information. Do you know where she is?”

“Huh? Uhm… Myeongdong! Yes, when I left her, she’s still in Myeongdong.” Woohyun’s tactics of lying is improving.

“Arasso. Gomawoyo!” Chansung hurriedly left.

 

“So I’m here.” Woohyun smirked at you, “and I’m replacing your sixth blind date.”

Your eyes widened in surprise, “Aish… jinjja. What if that man gets lost in Myeongdong, huh? Or what if you bumped into him again one of these days? Are you crazy?!”

“I must be crazy. But I just have to be here.” He said. “You told Sunggyu you want to be saved from this stupid blind dating. So I came!”

“Sunggyu called the wrong person to save me.” You crossed your arms, waiting for your father to finally come back.

“You’re so mean…” Woohyun eyed you. “Sometimes, I want you to see that I’m trying too.” He looked down and put his hands together.

“Well you came late.” You said and he finally lifted his head looking at you. Your father finally came back holding a coffee. “Dad, thanks!” You took the coffee and blew on it before sipping.

“Liked it?” He asked you. You tasted the coffee again… it wasn’t caramel macchiato that you’re used to drink but you just nodded at your father.

"Her favorite is caramel macchiato." Woohyun suddenly blurted out. You shot a glare at Woohyun.

"Aniyo, appa. Gwenchanayo. It's good to drink a different flavor once in a while." Your father was curious just as how Woohyun knows your favorite coffee flavor when he didn't but he decided to just shrug the thought off.

“Your mom called and she just finished buying grocery. Honey, I think we have to go home." He then turned to Woohyun, I’m sorry to interrupt your date.” 

“Oh, it’s okay.” Woohyun said as he stood up. You also stood up to leave.

 

 As soon as you got outside the restaurant, the three of you bumped into your mom carrying bags from the grocery.

“What a coincidence!” Your mom exclaimed. Woohyun didn’t know she was your mom until.

“M-mom!” You were surprised to see her too. Woohyun stepped beside you so that your mom can finally recognize his presence.

“Oh… I see you’re with someone.” Your mom teasingly nodded.

“Mom, he’s Woohyun, Woohyun, this is my mother.” You finally introduced them to each other. Your mom glanced at you as she smiled before the bowing Woohyun. The moment was broken when your father cleared his throat.

“I think now that we bumped into you, we need to go home now.” Your father said. “Again, I’m sorry for cutting your date.” He patted Woohyun’s shoulder making him almost jump in surprise. Woohyun’s actually nervous and scared meeting your parents.

“G-gwenchanayo.” Woohyun smiled and bowed at them.

“Wait… you’re in a date?” Your mom’s eyes widened.

“The blind date.” You made it clear.

“Oh…” Your mom came up with an idea… “Woohyun-shi, where will you spend the New Year’s Eve?”

Woohyun was surprised to hear such question, “Just in the apartment… I don’t have anywhere to go and anyone with me.” He glanced at you when he said ‘anyone’.

“Jinjjayo? Maybe you can spend the New Year’s Eve with us. It’s just the three of us at home plus, we actually interrupted with your blind date.” Your mom smiled widely and giggled a little at her idea.

“Mom!” You hissed. “It’s okay. We can just go now.” You tugged your mom’s arm.

“What do you think, honey?” Your mom asked your father who looked at Woohyun first. Woohyun scratched his name, feeling a bit shy… or rather scared of what your father might say.

You father finally sighed, “I guess it’ll be fine. If it’s okay with him, I wouldn’t mind at all.”

“Dad! What are you saying?!” You hissed. *Oh God, what on earth is happening!!!* “Let’s just go, Dad, Mom. Plus I don’t think he’ll come. We don’t need to force him, right Woohyun-shi???” You gave the look to agree with you.

“I… I actually think you’re right. I wouldn’t mind spending the night with you. It’s a pleasure so I wouldn’t waste the opportunity.”  Woohyun smiled widely at your parents.

 

*It’s proven. I’m totally insane right now.* You thought as your mom told you to ride with Woohyun. The ride was silent. First was because you’re scared that your father might found out the truth… your scared of what he can do to Woohyun. On the other hand, Woohyun’s thoughts were flying in nervousness yet he’s happy at the same time. He’s wondering like how you bond with your parents, or how your house looks like. He’s very much anticipating the thought that he’s spending the New Year with you and his in-laws.

 

While you help in the kitchen preparing the food, Woohyun helped as well. You know he’s not actually bad in cooking so you let him help. While working together, your mom secretly glances at the both of you and giggles to herself. She’s happy to finally see you together with Woohyun.

 

“Hey, can you help me in preparing the backyard?” Your father asked Woohyun.

“N-neh.” Woohyun glanced at you first before taking off his apron and following your father to the backyard to fix the tables and chairs. It’s where you’re gonna eat together.

 

“I see reconciliation… with fireworks!” Your mom teased you while poking one of your sides.

“Mom!!! That’s not funny!” you said as your face reddens a bit.

“I like him… I think he’s not bad at all.” Your mom said finally working with you on the vegetables. “Don’t you think he deserves a second chance?”

“Mom, I’ve given them all the chances he could take.” You sighed.

“Then why not give him another chance? You’ve gone this far, honey. You cannot just give up on him.”

“He’s in love with another girl. Mom, I think I better accept that now.” You sighed.

“Or maybe you should fight for it too.” She said as your father suddenly entered the room.

“Have you seen the sheets to cover the table?” He asked, almost making you and your mom nervous if he heard your conversation. You quickly handed him the table cloth.

 

The dinner was very casual. Your parents asked a lot of questions from Woohyun about his parents, his work in which he’s about to start ‘soon’ as he said, or just simply his background. You didn’t pay that much attention anymore since you know Woohyun already. And you’re still trying to keep in mind that you’re mad at him.

 

You cleaned up after dinner after.

You stayed in the backyard a little longer thinking about some things…

[Infinite - Fixed Star]

“Thanks for tonight.” You were surprised to see Woohyun standing beside you. “It was nice getting to know your parents.”

“You should thank Mom for that. She really likes you.” You hugged your arm as the cold breeze blew. “It was her idea after all.”

“I already thanked her.” Woohyun said. You looked at him and he gently smiled at you. “and I’m sorry… if you still can’t forgive me.”

You didn’t answer. You can actually see he’s making effort to be forgiven… you’re not just sure of what’s right thing to do.

“I just want to say thank you… I’m happy to spend the last day of this year with you.” He looked at you with sincerity in his eyes. “Although you might not like it… I’m still thankful.”

*oh, Woohyun… you don’t know how happy I am too…* you thought. But before you can even say a thing…

“I’m gonna leave now.” You’re surprised to hear that from him, you weren’t expecting he’ll leave just before the clock hits 12. “Happy New Year.” He sweetly smiled at you and turned his back on you to leave.

“W-wait!” You called. He stopped on his tracks, still not looking back at you. He just intended to listen. “Can’t you wait for 12?”

“W-what do you mean?” He finally turned around and faced you.

“You know… like… uhm.” You were stuttering. “W-we can spend the New Year together.” You avoided eye contact with him. “I mean… you know, if you wouldn’t mind. But if you really have to leave now, I’ll understand. It’ll still be a long drive back—”

“I’ll stay.” He finally said. The words you were about to stay seemed so stuck in your throat. He slowly walked back beside you again. “I just thought you didn’t want me to.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t want you to leave just like that. You had gone all the way here.” You defended.

“I missed you.” He said, closing the gap between the two of you. “I’m sorry for being a jerk. But I really missed you.”

“Y-you’re being a jerk again. You seriously need to stop joking around…” You sheepishly chuckled and looked down. “Especially at times like this.” You looked up to him again.

“I’m serious.” You searched his eyes… he’s not joking. You can tell how sincere he is right now. “I’m sorry. And I missed you. Those aren’t lies.” He’s much closer to you right now.

“I-I missed you too… so much.” You looked down… too shy of what you just admitted. He lifted your chin to face him.

“I’m happy to hear that.” He sweetly smiled at you and started to lean in. you gap between your faced were just inches now. As soon as you felt his breath, you slowly shut your eyes…

“______-ah!” You heard your father called you and your eyes shot open. You and Woohyun quickly parted; you looked at your father while Woohyun faced the other way.

“Oh, yes, dad?” You asked as you weren’t doing anything before he called you.

“Have you seen my ashtray?” Your father asked while holding his cigarette pack.

“I threw it! I told you to stop smoking!” you crossed your arms.

“Aish…” Your father scratched his head and walked back inside your house. You sighed in relief that he didn’t see or asked about anything.

You turned back to Woohyun.

“I’m sorry about Dad…” You said.

“It’s okay, maybe I really need to leave now.” But as soon as he said that, the fireworks lit up the distant sky that can be seen from your backyard. It’s New Year. You watched the colorful fireworks that lighted up the sky. Instead of leaving, Woohyun decided to watch with you.

“Beautiful…” You mumbled. The next thing you knew was Woohyun slipping his hand to yours. He entwined his fingers to yours… you looked at him.

“I’m glad to start this year with you.” He then looked at you. You both just smiled with each other as he squeezed your hand.

“That won’t matter unless I spend the rest of the year with you.” You sweetly smiled at him as both of you continued watching the fireworks display.

“Do you really want to stay together? In this marriage?” He asked. You didn’t answer at first. But he waited for your answer.

“I had always planned to leave you. But my heart can’t seem to agree with my mind.” You sheepishly laughed.

“Then do me a favor.”  He suddenly said as you tilted your head, confused. “Go back to the apartment with me…”

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine?” Your father asked you as you brought a bag of clothes.

“Yes, Dad. I’ll just call you and mom. It’ll be until the fashion summit. I’m sorry, it’s just so hard to go to the office from here.” You said. You actually agreed with Woohyun to go back to the apartment… but you had to lie to your father saying you’ll stay over at Hayeon’s and she’s expecting you after the New Year’s eve.

“Alright… promise to give me a call always. Don’t overwork yourself. Avoid stress, okay?” he cupped your cheeks and kissed your forehead. “Remind Hayeon to take care of you.”

“I will, Dad.” You nodded then you turned to your mom. She knew you’ll be going back to the apartment where you and Woohyun stay. You hugged her tightly before saying goodbye.

“Drive safely.” Your father reminded Woohyun whom you said will drop you by Hayeon’s place. “Call me when you get there!” Your father shouted as you started walking towards Woohyun’s car. You looked back and waved goodbye to them before finally getting in the car.

 

The ride to the apartment was silent at first. But you were surprised when Woohyun suddenly stepped on the break and unbuckled his seatbelt.

“What’s the matter?” you looked at him. “Are you al—” you were cut off when he suddenly turned to you and the next thing you knew was his lips on yours. He slowly cupped one of your cheeks and you slowly closed your eyes savoring the passionate kiss. Your breathing was heavy and uneven so you decided to cut off the kiss by pushing him by his chest lightly.  His action surprised you the most considering he had to stop the car just to kiss you.

“I’m sorry it took time for me to realize this…” He said, almost whispering. “but I love you… and I can’t bear the thought of you not there.” His words were so hard to absorb… you couldn’t say anything… his words were unexpected. You always thought of keeping what you feel inside. But right now, he’s the one saying the words you’re feeling. “And for that, I’m choosing to save this marriage.” You couldn’t help but tear up. He wiped the first tear that escaped from your eye. His face was still just inches from yours, “You don’t have to cry anymore…”

“N-no… it’s because I-I’m happy.” You said, trying to control the tears. “Because you’re forgiven… and I love you too.” You finally said and that made him smile before he started kissing you again passionately in contentment from what he heard from you.

 

The day seemed so long… but now in the year that had just arrive… can be the happiest day in your life. Indeed it was true... that the person who broke your heart is the same person who can fixed it.

 

 

[A/N: KYAAAAAAAAH! ^___^ HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! 사랑해요! <3 I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. I DECIDED TO MAKE A NEW YEAR SPECIAL AFTER ALL. hehehehehehehe! AND BTW, I MADE THAT POSTER FOR YOU, I KNOW IT'S SIMPLE... BUT STILL, I MADE AN EFFORT FOR THAT. KKKK~ <3 I USED TAEYEON SINCE THE CHAPTER'S POSTER *at the beginning, above* HAS TAEYEON ON IT. hihihi *I hope it's okay, though... /crossed fingers*

anyway, I hope you had a lot of fun this New Year! =) And be happy for the rest of the year! <3. 

 

When Woohyun tweeted... :') I felt happy... Just the best way to start the new year. TO SEE HIS TWEET. kekekeke~ Then Sunggyu tweeted toooo. He's still awake in 4 in the morning? Waeeee. ;__; They need to rest. ㅠ_ㅠ]