Regret

Dear Best Friend: THANK YOU

We're just seated here in the living room as he examines how I look. We've been silent for a couple of minutes not until Nam Ji broke the silence as she gave my father's requested tea.

"So Sehun, how have you been?" He said finally talking.

"So far, good." I answered.

I actually felt relieved when he finally said those words since now I know he's not mad about it. 

"Care to explain your hair and tatoos?" He said sternly. Okay, I take back what I said.

"The tattoos are fake so don't worry. And the hair, I like it this way." I answered.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do with your hair nor with your life for now." He replied. "But by the time I tell you what to do you will follow. And that would include your behavior and appearance. You have disappointed me a lot of times before but I would let that pass. Just don't fail me when the time comes that you will take over everything I have. Go on, do whatever you want. And I will say whatever I want you to do in the right time."

He left me here silent as he walked towards his room. I stormed out of the newly bought house and went to the seaside where rocks of different sizes were piled. I took some of it not minding how big it is and threw it as hard as I can on to the sea.

I know he wants to control me, I know what he really wants. He wants me to take over his ing company when he retires. I can see it in the way he looks and treats me that he hates me. He thinks I'm the reason of my mother's death and he thinks I'm just a shame to the family. My mom's death was something I never asked for. If I just could, I would have asked to die instead of her. And what I did in the past? It was all his fault. I wouldn't be a rebel if he just treated me well. I did all of those because of him. And now he's forced to make me run the company soon because he has no choice. I'm the only son and it would be a shame if no one would take the company when he's gone. All of this is just for his sake. He never loved me and he never will. God, I hate him! 

"Sehun!" I heard a shout from my right. I saw Nam Ji running towards my side as she was careful not trip because of her heels.

"Please understand your father. You know he's just thinking what's best for you." She said while catching her breath.

"What's best for me or what's best for him and his company? You know what, I'm tired of trying to be the son he has always wanted when in fact, my whole existance is like a mistake for him! He blames me and for all the misfortunes in his life? Well I blame him for all my life's misery. Isn't me being his son enough for him to forgive me all of the things I've done before? Am I really that horrible to him? Does he really hate me? Am I just nothing to him?" I replied loudly and breathlessly.

"Sehun, that's not it. He's just doing this for you. I know you're disappointed but one day you will understand him when you yourself will become a father soon."

"I don't think so. I swear I won't be a father like him. I won't do this to my children no matter what they have done."

"Sehun, your father loves you. If he doesn't, why would you think he's doing this?"

"He just wants someone to take his company after he retires. To continue his legacy."

"No, that's not true."

"Stop acting like you know it and that you're my mom. You will never know and you will never be my mom. You're just a nuisance to our family and that's it. You are trash!"

After those words I blurted, a tear escaped from her eyes and I felt guilty. I don't know why but I just am. I should be hating her, thinking that she deserved all those words. But, why is it the exact opposite?

"I know that. I have always known that." She said despite the tears that kept on rolling her cheeks. "But trust me, he loves you. He really does."

I was silent after that. She wiped her tears and smiled at me.

"I see that you think I am just a nuisance. Yes, I know that. And I'm sorry. I am truly sorry, Sehun. Sorry if you think I ruined your family and that I am just trash. I am sorry and I hope you will forgive me." She said.

I don't know why but I regretted everything I said to her. Not just what I said now but even to the past words I have told her. I was never nice to her. I was always mean and rude. I talk to her as if she's just garbage all the time even when I was young. But even if I hate to admit it, she was never the reason why my family was ruined. She only came to our family after my mom died. But because of the fact that I don't want a replacement for my mom, I hated her. She was always nice to me. She treats me well and takes care of me when I'm sick. 

Ever since my mom died, my dad was really depressed. She came to our lives as my dad's secretary and she became my dad's love interest. But because she wasn't rich, she was just some sort of mistress. She actually accepted it, I don't know if it's because of money or he really loves my dad. 

Well, I guess I really feel sorry for everything I did to her. I regret what I've done.

---Author's Note---

Okay, so I know I said I will update in New Year but it didn't happened. I'M SO SORRY! I was just busy for school and some personal issues. Sorry again! I also apologize for the lame, short, and boring update. See you at the next chapter. Comment what you think. And by the way, he will meet her in the next chapter. ;)