Chapter 1

When the Mad Hatter meets the Corpse Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai loved music, it was his life and he listened to it all the time. This turned into a problem though, people didn't get why he never talked. He was quite so people assumed they could target him and nothing would happen. So every day Kai was bullied, attacked, and made a fool. But Kai didn't care he shrugged it off and blared his music cutting out the world. One day someone started yelling at Kai, he said “You’re a worthless piece of trash. You mother should have had an abortion when she saw the piece of that would become you in her. You should just ing kill yourself.” He kept going on and on, insulting and messing with Kai, so Kai took out his iPod to turn up the music and tune him out. But, as soon as Kai got it out the guy took it and said, “The is this , has your stupid been ignoring me?” then he threw the iPod to the ground and stomped on it breaking it. Kai snapped as soon as the iPod broke and tackled the guy to the ground and started punching him in the face with all his strength. Kai broke the dudes nose and kept swinging it took three guys to pull Kai off. The other guy was unconscious and a bloody mess. Kai shook off the guys holding him back and walked away.

 

            Kai felt lost now, without his music he was stuck listening to all the things going on around him. He heard people talking about him, what he just did among other things. He kept walking until he heard something that caught his attention. It was the sound of a guitar playing a song he knew so he looked for who was playing it. As he got closer he figured out the song and started singing the lyrics to himself. He finally came to a café where a girl was on stage playing the song. When he saw her he forgot all about his iPod and the people and walked in to listen to her. He sat at a table off to the side and listened as she shredded away on the guitar. He looked around as she played and noticed that some people weren’t even listening to her play they just shrugged it off like it was nothing. Kai was irritated by it but just stayed calmed and enjoyed her playing.

 

            As she finished her set everyone clapped for her and started to leave. Kai walked up to the stage as she was packing up. “Hey there,” he said, “you were really amazing.” She said “Thanks I’m glad someone enjoyed it most people were on their phones or just ignoring the music.” She wasn’t looking at him while she continued to pack up and as she went to grab her amp Kai was sitting on it. She looked at him and said “Could you get your off my amp? I’m trying to go.” Kai laughed and said “Sure, I’ll get off of it. If, you let me carry it for you and we go do something.” She looked at him weird, “So some random stranger wants to follow me home and then make me go out with him? Yeah that isn’t weird at all.” Kai brushed his hair back, stood up, and said “Hi my name is Kai and I would love to take you out on a date, if you’d do me the honor.” She smiled, “Nice to meet you Kai, my name is Eunji and if you really want to take me out tell me one thing. Why?”

 

            Kai laughed and sat back down on the amp. “Why the hell are you laughing!?” Eunji asked frustrated. Kai stopped laughing and looked up at her, “It’s because you seem like an amazing girl and I’d like to get to know you. What better way than a date, plus if you don’t have a good time you can always leave. So what do you say Eunji wanna give me a shot?” Eunji looked at him concerned, she couldn’t figure out why Kai would ask her out. But she sighed, and said “Yes I’ll go on this date with you, but I choose where we go okay?” Kai smiled and picked up the amp, “Well let’s your stuff back to your place and head out then. Lead the way.” Eunji smiled and shook her head then headed home, Kai followed her and they talked some on their way.

 

            When they got to Eunji’s house Kai took the amp inside and set it in the living room. But Eunji quickly rushed him out saying “Wait outside please I wanna change and don’t want someone who’s still a stranger just waiting in my house.” Kai laughed, “Alright, alright I’ll get out just hurry up.” Kai stepped outside and sat on the porch and lit a cigarette to smoke. A couple of minutes later a guy showed up in a muscle shirt, and walked up the steps to Kai. He looked at Kai and said “Yo , why don’t you get the hell out of my way so I can see if this is home.” Kai plucked his cigarette away and looked at him, “Who the hell are you, and who do you think you’re calling a ?” 

The guy lifted Kai up by his shirt and said “This is my girl’s place so unless you’re here to get your beat I suggest you get the out of my way.” Kai pushed him back and he tripped down the steps, then Kai walked down the steps and put a knife to the guy’s throat. “Now listen here you ing ,” Kai said pressing the knife down harder, “I’m going to let leave here and never come back. Your disrespectful has a choice, you either leave or die.” Kai got up and stepped back to see what the guy was going to do. The guy got up and said “If I ever see you again you’re ing dead.” Then he walked away as Eunji came outside, she looked over to see him leaving then walked down to Kai.

 

            “Umm did that guy come here?” Eunji asked pointing at him. “Yeah,” Kai answered, “he said something about not coming around anymore. Who is he anyways?” Eunji looked away and avoided the subject saying “Let’s go eat I can tell you about him later. Ok?” Kai grabbed her hand and said “lead the way hun.” The two walked down the street not really saying anything, Kai was humming some music but Eunji was quiet. They got to the restaurant and when they got seated Kai asked Eunji “So, what’s wrong?” Eunji looked up at him and shook her head. “Don’t lie,” Kai said as he grabbed her hands, “you were quiet the whole walk over here so either something’s wrong or you don’t want to be here, in which case you didn’t have to come.” Eunji looked at their hands then up at him, “It’s not that, it’s just that… this whole thing is weird. Out of nowhere this sweet weirdo asks me out, and I just say yes without knowing you. I’m just confused, and I don’t know.” Kai nodded “You’re right this is weird, I didn’t think I’d meet a beautifu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter