Being Inlove is Troublesome

Another Troublesome Day

 

"So?~ How are you guys doing?" Taehyun leaned his hand on Jinwoo's desk.

Jinwoo glanced at him. "Please, don't. I've had a tiring day today in the office."

Taehyun chuckled. "Eh?~ Come on! Just tell me. Did you guys already kiss and make up?"

"Aish." Jinwoo scratched his head. "You're so annoying!"

"Come on!~ I need to know! You love him, too, right? What's wrong?"

"What the hell are you talking about? Don't joke around!" Jinwoo, with a faint blush on his cheeks, turned the other direction.

"Aigoo!~ We already talked about this last time, right? What are you so embarrassed about? It's okay!~"

Jinwoo glanced at him. "W-Well.." He cleared his throat.

"Yes?" Taehyun smiled. "Go on~"

"Uh, I told him that.." He rubbed the side of his neck. "That I won't see him from now on.."

THUD!

Jinwoo jumped from his seat upon hearing Taehyun slam the desk. "W-What the? What are you doing?"

"What the hell? Why? Why would you say that?"

"Huh? S-Say what?" 

"You rejected him? What's wrong with you! I thought you loved him for so long?"

"It's not that simple, you know." 

"But, you finally had the chance with him! Why did you reject him?"

"I don't even know for sure if he loves me that way! For all we know, he might've probably just been caught up in his emotions!"

"All the reason you shouldn't avoid him! You should talk to him instead of leaving him like that. You didn't even ask how he really feels."

Jinwoo stood up. "Look! Mino's partner shouldn't be me! It's supposed to be a woman! Like a normal man should! He doesn't even swing that way! He only reacted like that 'coz you provoked him!"

Taehyun sighed. "Aren't you being too stubborn? I mean, sure, maybe I did provoke him to do something like that, but, he revealed his feelings when we first met, right? My point is, I think he's not really just caught up in his emotions, like you claim he is. A normal childhood friend wouldn't do all the things he's doing for you."

Jinwoo paused. "H-He won't?"

"Yes. No normal childhood friend would come to those extents. I think you mean something to him."

"Y-You think so?"

"Yes. So, don't be so selfish and decide things all on your own. Ask him what he really feels, too."

 


 

It's been two weeks since that happened. We haven't seen each other since then.

He stopped coming here.

He doesn't go here to do chores, anymore. He doesn't go here to bring food, anymore.

He also stopped texting and calling me.

But, I guess that's for the best, right? I mean, now that something like that happened, it's impossible for us to go back being normal friends.

It wouldn't be the same, anymore, right?

 


 

BEEP!

Jinwoo opened his eyes. "Hmm.."

He rolled over to the side, stretching his arms and back.

He reached out for his phone beside the bed.

"1 New Message:

From: Mino 

I cooked your favorite and left it outside your door."

He sat up. "He brought me food?"

Jinwoo stood up and headed towards the front door. 

Upon opening the door, a smile appeared on his face.

Jinwoo picked up the bag on the ground. "He really can't stand not taking care of me, huh?"

 


 

Jinwoo flipped over the egg on the pan. "Crap! It's burnt!"

Damn. Even a simple egg, I can't cook? 

I'm really useless!

"Aish!" He turned off the stove.

DING DONG!

Jinwoo immediately turned his head to the door. He stared at it, his eyes widened. 

DING DONG!

Calm down! Just answer the door, okay? 

Jinwoo reluctantly walked towards the door. He reached out for the doorknob, his hands, occasionally fidgeting. 

Please don't be him! Please! Please!

"Yes! Just a second!" He pulled open the door.

Jinwoo felt his heartbeat momentarily stop. His body froze, unable to move an inch. His throat dried up, unable to utter a singe word.

There Mino was, standing in front of him, his hands in his pockets.

"Hey." Mino smiled. "I was just checking on you."

Jinwoo stared at him, still unable to utter a word.

"Uh, are you okay?" Mino squinted his eyes. "You don't look too well. Have you been eating healthy foods?"

Jinwoo cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine."

Mino raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Im sure." Jinwoo smiled awkwardly.

"I see." Mino nodded. "Can I..? Can I come in, then?"

Jinwoo paused. "Oh. Uh, sure. Come in." He gestures inside.

Mino took off his shoes and entered.

He walked inside, his eyes, wandering around the room. "Jinwoo.. Your place is so messy! There's clothes, plastic bottles, junk foods, cans lying on the floor! You really can't take care of yourself!"

Jinwoo laughed nervously. "That's coz I haven't cleaned, yet. I was planning to, earlier!"

Mino looked at the table. "Ah! Isn't that meals from convenience stores? You were eating just that?!"

"Oh, that." Jinwoo scratched his head. "Yeah.. I don't know how to cook, so.."

"Aish!" Mino placed his hands on his waist. "You really are helpless! I'm gonna cook now, so just stay there, alright?!"

"Y-You don't have to do that. It's alright!"

"No, it's not!" Mino headed towards the refrigerator. "Do you have something healthy to cook here?"

Jinwoo's eyes widened. "Ah! Mino! Don't open that!" 

"Aish. It's alright, it's alright. It's dirty, I know." Mino reached out for the refrigerator door.

"No, not that!" Jinwoo ran towards him.

Mino stopped upon seeing what's inside. "J-Jinwoo. This is the food I gave you a week ago. Why is it still here? You shoud've thrown it if you didn't eat it!"

Jinwoo's cheeks turned bright red. "I-I was gonna dispose of it! I just forgot to!"

Mino turned around. "Y-You!"

Jinwoo looked away.

Crap!

Mino grabbed Jinwoo and held him tight. "Jinwoo! Why are you still keeping the food I gave you?! Are you.."

Jinwoo pushed him away. "Stop it! I just forgot to throw it!"

"Liar! Your expression says otherwise! Are you.. towards me.."

"No! I'm not! I.. I'm not feeling anything for you.."

Jinwoo felt a lump build up on his throat.

Damn it! Don't you dare cry!

"J-Just go home, okay?!" Jinwoo pushed Mino's chest.

"Look!" Mino held Jinwoo's shoulder. "You might not believe me, but, I'm in love with you! I didn't realize it sooner because we were both guys, and I got so used to being with you all the time! Please! Believe me!"

Jinwoo stared at him, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Don't cry!" Mino held him into his arms. "Please, don't cry.."

"I.. I don't know what to say.."

"Just say you love me too.."

"But.."

"Just say it."

"..I.. I love you, too. For so long.."

Mino..

..I guess it's not really troublesome spending each day with you from now on, huh?

 


 

Sorry it took long to update, but, this is the final chapter for this story. I hoped you loved it as much as I did. I've had fun writing for this.

Thank you for supporting it 'til the end!