Jealousy is Troublesome

Another Troublesome Day

 

Big-knuckled, green-veined, and tan-skinned hand, touched the deer-eyed man's soft, porcelain-like skin.

"Don't move.." a deep voice uttered.

Jinwoo flinched, his eyes widened. He sat there, all frozed up.

"What are you so nervous about?" Mino chuckled. "I was just removing the dust on your cheek."

Jinwoo smiled awkwardly. "Oh.. Of course you are.." He let out a nervous laugh. 

Mino burst out laughing. "You're so weird!"

Jinwoo looked sideways and scratched the back of his neck. 

What the hell?

Mino continued eating. "Canned soup isn't so bad, eh?" 

"Oh.. yeah. Sorry, I forgot to buy groceries on my way home."

"It's okay. I'll go to the market tomorrow anyways." He took a sip of water. "I'll buy your share too."

Jinwoo stood up.

"Where are you going?" Mino looked up at him. "You still haven't finished your food yet!"

"Aish! I was just gonna close the window!" He scratched his head. "It's freezing here!"

Jinwoo turned around and headed towards the open window. 

He gazed at the night sky covered with thousands of shining stars.

He sighed.

Calm down.. Getting all flustered up just because of that..

 


 

"Hyung!!~~ Which one should I choose? Observe carefully, okay?" The man with a slanted eyebrows picked up the red sneakers on his left. "This one suits me, right?" 

Jinwoo, with his eyes half-closed, looked at the man. "..huh? Oh, yeah. That suits you just fine." He covered his mouth with his palm and yawned.

"Hyung!! You're not even paying any attention, aren't you?!" Taehyun stomped his feet on the ground.

"But we've been shopping for hours! Can't you just decide already?" He rubbed his eyes.

"I can't! That's why I asked you to come with me, remember?"

Jinwoo let out a sigh. "That red one looks nice on you. For real. You look like a K-Pop idol."

Taehyun 's face brightened up. "Really? I'll buy this one then!"

Jinwoo chuckled. 

I should've said that hours ago.

"What are you laughing about?" Taehyun placed his hand on his waist.

Jinwoo's eyes widened. "Oh- Nothing! Can we eat now? I'm starving!"

"Oh, okay. After I pay for this."

"Your treat, right?"

"What?! But hyung~" He scratched his head.

"I could be sitting comfortably on the couch right now, watching my favorite TV program. But as the good hyung I am, I helped you shop for hours and got my foot swollen!"

Taehyun sighed. "Alright! Alright! ..My treat. But only this time, hyung."

Jinwoo grinned. "Alright then!!"

"Is that all it takes? Food?" He chuckled. "You're so easily pleased."

Jinwoo furrowed his eyebrows.

 


 

"Hot!!!!!" Jinwoo dropped his chopsticks and spitted the noodles out of his mouth.

Taehyun bursted out laughing. "You're so clumsy!"

Jinwoo wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"That's what you get for not being patient!" Taehyun wiped the tear on the side of his eye. "Ahh.. So hilarious!"

Jinwoo looked at him with menacing eyes. "Are you having fun?"

"Yes~~" He giggled.

Jinwoo picked up the chopsticks on the ground. "Aish.. Seriously.."

Taehyun stared at Jinwoo's lips. "Ah. There's still a bit remainig." He reached out his hand.

Jinwoo pushed Taehyun's hand away. "What are you doing?!"

"Hush! Stay still!" He then reached out for Jinwoo's lips, again.

Jinwoo raised an eyebrow and sat still. "'Kay. Just do it quick."

Taehyun smiled. "There." He wiped Jinwoo's lips with his thumb.

A deep voice spoke. "Jinwoo, I saw you outside the windo-"

The two guys turned their heads to where the voice was coming from.

"OH- Mino!" Jinwoo moved away from Taehyun's hand.

Mino stared at them.

His lips slightly opened, eyes widened, and eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you doing here?" Jinwoo asked in a nervous manner.

"Oh.. I was uh.." Mino coughed. "I met with a client just across this restaurant. I saw you outside the window and came in here." He looked sideways, avoiding eye contact.

Jinwoo raised an eyebrow.

..Mino? What's with you?

"Well, uh.. Have you eaten yet? Why don't you sit down?" Jinwoo gestured Mino the empty seat beside him.

Mino sat down. "..I'll just have a cup of coffee." He rubbed his palm on the side of his neck.

Taehyun, seated across the table, watched the two guys in front of him with amusement.

Hmm?~

"Ehem!" Taehyun looked Jinwoo in the eyes.

"Oh, right! Sorry I forgot." Jinwoo faced Mino. "Mino, this is Taehyun." He gestured at the guy in front. "He's my co-worker. The one I mentioned before." He faced Taehyun. "And Taehyun, this is Mino, my childhood friend." He gestured at the guy beside him.

"Ohhh~ That childhood friend~" Taehyun mouthed to Jinwoo.

Jinwoo gave him an annoyed look.

Taehyun faced Mino. "So, you've already heard of me?" He placed his chin on his knuckels.

Mino smiled slightly. "Yeah."

"Well, aren't you a handsome man? I heard you're taking good care of my Jinwoo?" Taehyun poked Jinwoo's cheek.

"Yahh! Stop that." Jinwoo moved away from Taehyun's finger.

Mino's expression changed; he felt a steam come out of his ears.

"And you even cook for him, eh?" Taehyun grinned.

Mino stared at Taehyun before responding. "..Yes. I do cook for him. And does other stuffs for him too. He can't live without me."

Taehyun smiled mockingly. "Ohh~ I see~"

Jinwoo, with a confused expression on his face, watched, as the two guys talk.

Silence filled the atmosphere.

Jinwoo took a sip on his iced tea, with eyes still on the two guys, causing him to spill his drink.

"Aish.. Hyung, are you doing this on purpose?" Taehyun grabbed a napkin and wiped Jinwoo's mouth.

Jinwoo scratched his head. "What? No, I'm not.."

"So adorable~" Taehyun giggled.

PANG!

Mino slammed the cup he was holding, causing it to crack.

"Wha-" Jinwoo flinched.

Mino glared at Taehyun with piercing eyes. His fist clenched, ready to beat someone up any moment.

Taehyun smiled at him tauntingly.

Mino stood up. "I better go now. My boss is waiting for me in the office. I'll see you later, Jinwoo." He walked away.

"Mino!" Jinwoo stood up and ran after him.

Taehyun watched with a huge grin on his face. "Interesting."

 


 

"Mino! What's wrong? Why did you suddenly do that?" Jinwoo bended, his hands leaning on his knees, panting.

Mino just stood there, having no idea how to explain his behavior.

Jinwoo looked at him. "You acted really strange."

Mino placed the palm of his hand on his forehead, "..Jinwoo.. Let's just.. Let's talk about this later. I have to go now."

Jinwoo watched him walk away.

He closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck.

He let out a sigh.

..Another troublesome day, indeed..