Rain

Can't Ever Replace You

Kyuhyun flipped through a photo album that stored all his memories with Mi Sun. Her radiant face that constantly haunted his dreams now seemed foreign to him. He felt that he had shared his past life with a complete stranger, and he still knew nothing about her that was significant. His fist tensed with agitation. Nothing made sense to him anymore. A loud melody began to play as his cell phone vibrated from a text message.

"Meet me at the park, ok? -Min Jong"

Grabbing his jacket and stuffing his feet into his shoes, Kyuhyun left the safety of his dark room out into the cloudy afternoon air. Gray clouds loomed in the distance with bad omens of heavy rain. He walked his way to the park where he took the chance to stare at his surroundings to take his mind off Mi Sun. High schools girls in uniform and old men in business suits walked along the street in routine with their normal lives. He was envious of their laid back life style compared to his hectic one.

"Kyuhyun!" He snapped back into reality when he saw Min Jong waving at him.

"Hi, Mi Sun."

"Sit." She patted the empty space next to her on the park bench. He took her offer, and stared questioningly at her.

"So, why'd you call me here?"

"I wanted to apologize properly to you. I shouldn't have been too frank about that. My big mouth always seems to get me into trouble." She mumbled.

"That's sweet of you."

"Heh. Don't expect too much of it." She muttered.

He gave a low chuckle from her embaressed attitude. It slightly amused him.

"Wipe that damn smirk off your face."

"What smirk?"

"Hmph."

Raindrops started slowly falling onto them, before a whole downpour poured onto them. Min Jong gave a squeak of surprise. Kyuhyun took his hand into hers and led her into a small place to fend off from the cold rain. By then they were alraedy drenched from head to toe with their clothes soaking wet. She shivered from the damp coldness that clung to her. He noticed this and brought her closer to his body. She gave a startled look of surprise to be so close to him, more specifically his chest.

"Kyuhyun?"

"It's to keep warm." He looked away to hide his blushing face from her sight.

Min Jong blinked, and her muscles gradually relaxed into the position they were in. His strong, warm arm around her brought strange comfort to her. "Thank you."

 

The rain started to calm down to a little drizzle. A bright rainbow shined its beautiful colors to all the people. Kyuhyun and Min Jong stood side by side to admire it.

"Isn't it pretty, Kyuhyun?" Min Jong stared at it with sparkling eyes of admiration that contrasted with her flushed cheeks of happiness. He turned away from looking at her and stared at the rainbow.

"Yeah."

They stood silently for a while with their hands intertwined with each other's.

"Hey, Mi Sun..."

"Hm?"

"I'd like to have more times like these in the future." Min Jong turned to stare at him in surprise. Her big eyes widened and her pale pink lips slightly open. But her surprised face transformed into one of happiness as the dark brown eyes bore into his own with warmth.

"Me too."

 

Kyuhyun walked home by himself after walking Min Jong home. He was still confused by the whole like and love thing, but he felt that if he stayed by Min Jong's side longer, he'll eventually understand it completely. Despite his wet clothes, he couldn't have felt any better. He smiled like an idiot though he didn't mind.

"Kyuhyun! You're all wet! Change before you get a cold!" Leeteuk ordered when he found Kyuhyun home.

"Yeah.." He walked away as if in a daze.

"What's up with him?" Sungmin asked.

"He looks like he completely changed. Gloomy Kyu to lovestruck Kyu."

"I agree. Our maknae is too confusing. Like a girl on PMS: too many moodswings."

 

Sungmin walked into Kyuhyun's room to see Kyuhyun laying across his bed while texting Min Jong excessively. He was so assumed in texting her he didn't notice his hyung walk in.

"Er, Kyuhyun?"

"Oh, hi hyung."

"I just wanted to tell you. If you need anything: advice, help, whatever. Don't hesitate to ask. You know you can trust me as your hyung, right?"

"Of course. Why the sudden interest?"

"Oh, no reason." Sungmin lied. He stood up to walk out of the room, but just as he was about to walk out the door he paused. "Kyuhyun. Who're you texting?"

"Mi Sun."

"Oh. I see."

Before he left the room he cast another worried glance at the youngest Super Junior member. 'It's been months since Mi Sun's death.' Sungmin thought. 'When are you going to realize that?'