Sleep

Sleep

Joohyun blinks hard, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. She glances at the digital clock beside her bed, 04:23 hours. She becomes aware of the soft weight holding her by the waist; she shifts slowly, trying not to wake her boyfriend up.

Yonghwa was supposed to be sleeping outside, on the couch, not with Joohyun in this bed. If her parents were to see this, all hell would break loose.

She smiles to herself, carefully placing her hand on Yonghwa’s cheek. She takes this chance to his hair, watching him sleeping like a baby. His cheek is illuminated by the light coming from the crack in the curtains, allowing her to forget everything as her fingers follow the shape of it, with the softest touch ever.

Yonghwa grunts, a whine coming from his throat. She giggles as his head sinks lower into the mattress. She continues to his cheek as he twitches in discomfort.

“What are you doing?” Yonghwa whispers, opening one of his eyes as Joohyun withdraws her hand.

She closes the space between them, putting her head in his chest. “Watching you sleep.” She replies, eyes facing him as he clicks his tongue.

“That’s creepy. Go to sleep.” He shifts, pulling the blanket over them.

“But you’re so cuddly.” She complains when Yonghwa starts to keep her from moving an inch.

“No, sleep.” He demands, holding her tight by the waist, so she would not be able to disturb his sleeping anymore. “No, Joohyun.”

Joohyun pouts as she stops pecking her lips against his neck.

“Why do I love you again?” He asks, a hint of a smile in his voice as he brushes his fingertips along the nape of her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

“Because I love you?” She tries again, but she could already hear the soft snoring coming from her boyfriend.

A/N: Should i just write a chaptered fic on them?