Day 8 - December 8th

Naughty and Nice

    “Thank you.” Sungmin bowed to the lady working behind the counter of the Mouse Rabbit.

    He was headed off to the musical practice but he had twenty minutes to spare so he thought he’d get some coffee. He barely slept last night because the thought of Kyuhyun was overwhelming him. He shook the thought of the taller male out of his head and went to sit down at one of the tables. He stared out the window at the cars and people passing by before taking a sip of his hot coffee.

    Taking a minute to relax was what he needed from a long day of working with more work to come. He closed his eyes and laid his head down in his arms on the table.

    “Boo!”

    Sungmin jumped at the sudden voice and lifted his head. Standing there was none other than Cho Kyuhyun.

    “K-Kyuhyun? W-What are you doing here?”

    “I came to see you.” He smiled.

    “H-How did you know I was here?” Sungmin asked.

    “I know your car anywhere.”

    Sungmin scrunched his eyebrows, “Why are you following me around?”

    “Huh?” Kyuhyun asked, “I’m not. I just keep accidentally meeting you places.”

    Sungmin stared at him confused, “You don’t just accidentally meet someone everywhere you go.”

    “Okay, so I’m following you, happy?” Kyuhyun shrugged as he sat down.

    “Well stop it.” Sungmin replied seriously.

    Kyuhyun noticed his tone was a bit aggressive, “What’s your problem?”

    “You! You’re always following me around and interrupting my time alone!”

    At this point, it was hush quiet in the cafe as Sungmin had just snapped at Kyuhyun in a loud tone. Kyuhyun looked around and noticed people staring. He looked back at Sungmin, “I get it. I’ll leave you be.”

Kyuhyun stood to leave and Sungmin quickly stood also, grabbing his wrist, “Wait, Kyuhyun, that’s not what I meant.”

“I know exactly what you meant.” Kyuhyun threw his wrist out of Sungmin’s grip and stormed off leaving the smaller boy be.

‘What is wrong with me?’ Sungmin thought to himself.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    It was eight o’clock and Sungmin didn’t work at the bar again today. So he decided instead to go anyway and get faced on the one thing he know will get him there the quickest.

    “Tequila, five shots, now.” Sungmin demanded as he sat down at one of the bar stools.

    “Oh boy, here we go.” His co-worker, Kangin said while cleaning out one of the glasses in his hand. “What’s the story for today?”

    “Give me the shots so I can forget the reason.” Sungmin replied.

    “Is it that kid you brought home the other day? Or did Naomi reject your gift?” Kangin laughed.

    Sungmin was fed up with his co-workers jokes and took it upon himself to grab the tequila himself. He stood up and walked behind the counter. Popping the cap, he began drinking it straight from the bottle while his other co-workers came out of the back and watched him in amazement.

    “You’re gonna be so drunk!” One co-worker said.

    “Don’t you work at the Mouse Rabbit tonight?” Kangin asked crossing his arms.

    Sungmin removed the bottle from his lips and slammed it down on the counter. In a drunken manner he spat, “ it.”

    Kangin grabbed the bottle and tipped it upside down. Only a single drop fell out and he blinked a few times, “Damn, Sungmin. I knew you could drink, but I didn’t know you could do that.”

    Sungmin fumbled with getting his wallet out. When he pulled it out of his pocket, he threw seventy dollars on the counter. “Get me another,” He hiccupped, “So I can leave.”

    “You better not be driving.” Kangin asked.

    Sungmin shook his head, “I’m walking.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Sungmin walked down the sidewalk with the bottle of tequila in his right hand. He was taking odd walkways and eventually wound up at the apartments Kyuhyun lived in. He was swaying from side to side as he found Kyuhyun’s car parked outside under the parking cover. He approached it.

    “Stupid Cho Kyuhyun’s car.” He slurred, “Piece of !”

    Sungmin slammed his bottle of tequila onto Kyuhyun’s car and watched as the liquid dripped down the passenger's side window.

    “Oh no.” He said to himself sadly, “I wasted it!”

    “Sungmin?”

    Sungmin spun around to find Kyuhyun standing in front of him.

    “What did you do to my car?” He asked scrunching his eyebrows together.

    Sungmin pointed at him and waddled toward the taller man, “You.”

    Kyuhyun knew at that moment that Sungmin was faced and grabbed onto his shoulders to steady him. “Why are you so drunk?”

    Sungmin threw Kyuhyun’s arms off of his shoulder, “You’re such an .”

    Kyuhyun didn’t care if he was drunk or not, he fought with him, “I’m the ? You’re the one that yelled at me!” Kyuhyun paused for a moment, then realized something and crossed his arms, “Oh my god. You got messed up because you’re mad at yourself for yelling at me.”

    “ you.” Sungmin growled.

    Kyuhyun nodded sarcastically, “Is that how you really feel?”

    Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun, “I hate you!”

    Kyuhyun continued nodding, “No please, go on.”

    Sungmin approached Kyuhyun and leaned his head on Kyuhyun’s crossed arms. He didn’t hit him, he just laid his head against the taller male. Kyuhyun moved his arms and Sungmin pressed his head against Kyuhyun’s chest.

    “I hate you, Cho Kyuhyun.” Sungmin mumbled.

    “I hate you too, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said as he hugged the other.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Kyuhyun shuddered at the snow falling against his window and closed the blinds. He walked a glass of water and some tylenol over to Sungmin who was holding Kyuhyun’s lamp in his lap.

    “Put the lamp down and take your medicine.” Kyuhyun said to the smaller boy.

    Sungmin put the lamp back down on the table and hit the glass of water out of Kyuhyun hands, sending it flying to the floor. The glass cup shattered and water went all over the carpet.

    “God damn it Sungmin!” Kyuhyun shouted.

    Sungmin crossed his arms and looked the other way. Kyuhyun took a deep breath before kneeling down and picking up the glass shards that were embedded in the carpet. He looked back at Sungmin who was still staring the other way.

    “Are you gonna take your medicine?”

    Sungmin shook his head and Kyuhyun sighed. He finished picking up the glass and went to throw it out. He came back into the living room and set down the pills on the table beside the shorter male. Kyuhyun sighed and sat on the opposite side of the couch.

    “Why don’t you leave me alone?” Sungmin snapped.

    “Because you’re drunk out of your mind.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “I don’t need you!”

    Kyuhyun crossed his arms as he looked over at Sungmin and whispered to himself, “You are unbelievable.”

    “I don’t need anyone.”

    Sungmin was now going on and on mindlessly and Kyuhyun was listening to every word.

    “My mom left me, Donghae wasn’t here because of that damn Lee Hyukjae, what makes you think I need someone? I’m perfectly fine on my own. I don’t need anyone to fill the void in my heart. I’ve got my jobs. They may be jobs but I have them.”

    Kyuhyun turned to face Sungmin and continued listening to his rambling.

    “I don’t even need Naomi. She’s just a pretty girl and I especially don’t need Cho Kyuhyun.” Sungmin mumbled, “He’s nothing but trouble and I don’t see why I can’t stay out of his life.” Sungmin was quiet for a moment before speaking again, “Maybe it’s not him who keeps finding me, but me who keeps finding him.”

    Kyuhyun’s face softened and he unfolded his arms from his chest.

    Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun, “I hate you.”

    “I know.” Kyuhyun shrugged, “I’m just an .”

    Sungmin realized through all the tequila that he had hurt Kyuhyun’s feelings. He looked at the floor and blinked a few times, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.”

    “I know.” Kyuhyun replied making Sungmin look back up at him. He smiled softly, “You’re as much of an as I am.”

    Sungmin looked back at the ground, “Stop being so nice to me.”

    “I can’t.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “Why?”

    “I like you too much.”

    Sungmin turned his head to look at the other again, “I like you too.”

    Kyuhyun blew air out of his nose, “You better.”

    “Or else what?”

    Kyuhyun smiled, “Or else I’d be pretty upset.” Sungmin said nothing else so Kyuhyun took it upon himself to stand up. He ruffled Sungmin’s hair, “I’m going to bed. Will you be alright on your own?”

    Sungmin nodded, “Yeah.” Kyuhyun smiled and turned to head off to his room when Sungmin caught his attention once more, “Hey, Kyuhyun?”

    The taller male stopped and turned around to face his friend, “Yeah?”

    Sungmin stared at the ground and blushed, “G-Good night.”

    Kyuhyun smiled softly, “Good night, Sungmin.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Awh, they’re finally starting to get along, or is it just the alcohol? xD Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!(:

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: