Day 3 - December 3rd

Naughty and Nice

    “So… Do you like bread?”

 
 

    Upon arriving to work last night, Sungmin was met up with that mysterious, Cho Kyuhyun man.

 

    “You…” Kyuhyun said slowly, “You’re the cute guy I’ve been waiting to meet all day!”

    “I.. I-I…” Sungmin was at a loss for words. The only thing that woke Sungmin up was noticing the coffee that was spilling all over the table and onto Kyuhyun’s pants.

“AH!” Kyuhyun shouted upon feeling the hot coffee land on his legs.

    “Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” Sungmin shouted as he quickly ran into the back and grabbed a bunch of napkins.

    He hurried back and wiped the coffee off of the table, then quickly, without thinking, he began wiping the coffee off of Kyuhyun’s sweat pants.

    “Uh…” Kyuhyun began, making Sungmin stop his actions and look up at the other, “W-What are you doing?”

    Sungmin realized where his hand was with the napkins and jumped back, causing him to fall on his on the floor, hitting his head on one of the tables nearby. He held his head and whispered soft “Ow’s” to himself.

    Kyuhyun quickly stood up, “Are you okay-” But before he could help Sungmin, he slipped on coffee that had fallen on the floor and landed right next to Sungmin.

    The two moaned and groaned in pain from their ‘falling out’, but once the pain subsided for both of them, they looked at each other, simultaneously.

    Kyuhyun was the first to speak, “Well, this was a very bad start. How about we start over?” He held out his hand, “Hi, I’m Cho Kyuhyun and you are?”

    Sungmin coughed a bit, embarrassed. He ignored Kyuhyun’s hand, just like he did the night before, “Lee Sungmin.”

    Kyuhyun narrowed his eyebrows, “What? Do you not know how to shake hands?” Kyuhyun forcefully grabbed Sungmin’s hand without asking, shaking it vigorously, “Cho Kyuhyun.”

    Sungmin was shocked at first, but then began to relax a bit, “Lee Sungmin.”

    Kyuhyun smiled and released the others hand, “I like you.”

    “What?”

    “I like you! You’re funny, clumsy, and cute.” Kyuhyun laughed a bit.

    “I’m cute?” Sungmin asked.

    “Yeah, adorable in fact!”

    Sungmin said nothing, so Kyuhyun stood up and held out his hand for Sungmin to get up also. Sungmin shrugged off Kyuhyun’s hand again and stood up on his own.

    “Where do you get off telling me I’m cute!?”

    “Woah, don’t get so offended!” Kyuhyun replied, “How about this, you’re attractive, good-looking… Pretty!”

    “PRETTY!?” Sungmin shouted.

    Kyuhyun didn’t really think that one through, “Uh-oh…”

    “YOU THINK I’M PRETTY!? Listen here ‘Cho Kyuhyun’, I am a man! A man! I’m not pretty or cute!” Sungmin pouted, “I’m handsome.”

    “Let me start over…” Kyuhyun quickly put a smile on his face and held out his hand once more, “Hi! I’m Cho Kyuhyun! And you are?”

    “You’re ridiculous.” Sungmin said as he rolled his eyes and walked toward the front counter.

    “No, I’m Cho Kyuhyun.”

    “Look,” Sungmin started, “I don’t know what it is you want from me, but I don’t want anything from you, so please, can we stop trying to meet up?”

    “So tomorrow morning, same time, same place?” Kyuhyun smiled.

    Sungmin stopped in his tracks and turned around, “What? No! I just said-”

    “You know I’ll still come, no matter what and I’ll be waiting here all day, until you come, just like today.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile.

    “You really are crazy, aren’t you?”

    Kyuhyun only continued smiling.

    “Alright, alright, fine. I’ll meet you here tomorrow morning at nine AM for one cup of coffee. One cup! But that’s all you get. Once I finish my coffee, I’m leaving!” Sungmin replied.

    “One cup is all I need.” Kyuhyun replied.

 
 
 

    Do I like bread?” Sungmin questioned in confusion, “What kind of stupid question is that?”

    So here they were. Nine in the morning, having coffee together, getting to know each other… Err… Sort of…

    “Hey, it’s a conversation starter.” Kyuhyun defended.

    “A dumb one!” Sungmin replied, “Besides, didn’t you want to get to know me better? How is bread gonna help you get to know me?”

    “So that one day, if I ever want to bake you something and I have to use bread, I’ll know that you’ll like it!” Kyuhyun said dumbly.

    Sungmin rolled his eyes, “Yes, I like bread.”

    “Me too! My favorite is banana bread!”

    “I prefer cranberry.”

    “Ooh, cranberries are good, though my favorite fruit is a mango.”

    “I like pomegranates the best. I like how they’re just like little fruit seeds.”

    “Those are cool! Have you ever had toasted pumpkin seeds? Those are the best!”

    “I love pumpkins!”

    “Hey,” Kyuhyun started, “We finally found something in common!”

    Sungmin realized it too, “Yeah, I guess we did.”

Sungmin looked into his cup of coffee and saw that it was refilled, though he never noticed it. Kyuhyun smiled, “There’s your third cup of coffee. You lied to me.”

“Huh?” Sungmin asked, “Oh, I didn’t even notice and I-”

“So you decided to stay longer after realizing that I’m an awesome person.” Kyuhyun said boldly.

“Don’t get egotistical or I will leave.” Sungmin threatened.

“So if I don’t, you’ll stay?” Kyuhyun smiled.

“That’s not what I said!”

“You implied it.”

Sungmin glared at the man across the booth from him, “You’re such a smartass.”

“Thank you, I live up to that name.” Kyuhyun smiled.

Sungmin sighed and looked at the clock, “I should probably get going, I have work in a few hours.”

“Work? But don’t you work here?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin nodded, “I work at American Eagle in the mornings, today is my day off, I work at the dance studio downtown in the afternoons, teaching a Zumba class, then at two o’clock I work at the daycare, then from four o’clock to seven o’clock I work at the bar downtown, and after that, I work here till ten.”

“Wow.” Kyuhyun said, “Don’t you think it’s a bit ironic that you work at a daycare and a bar, right after each other?”

“Huh, I never thought of it like that.”

“Why do you work so many jobs anyway?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“I need the money.”

“For what? A vacation or something?”

“No,” Sungmin sighed, “Don’t laugh but I like this girl and I want to buy her something expensive in order for her to like me.”

Kyuhyun blinked a few times and tried to hold in his laughter though he accidentally let a few chuckles slip, “Y-You want to… Buy her something expensive… S-So she likes you…?”

“You laugh and I leave.”

Kyuhyun let out a few more chuckles before breaking into a loud laughter. Sungmin gritted his teeth and immediately stood up. He walked toward the counter with a still laughing Kyuhyun following behind. The two paid for their coffees and Sungmin stormed off with Kyuhyun following closely behind.

Kyuhyun’s laughter died down just enough for him to speak again, “Why don’t you just talk to her instead?”

“Are you kidding me? She’s the prettiest person in town! I could never talk to her! She doesn’t even know my name.” Sungmin said as he approached his car.

“Personally, I think you’re the prettiest person in town.” Kyuhyun said with a soft smile.

“Ugh! See, this is why I don’t like you and want to stop meeting with you! You’re a creep! A creepy stalker, ert!” Sungmin shouted.

Kyuhyun looked around, “Is Eunhyuk here?”

“What?” Sungmin asked, then shook his hands, “No, forget it, I don’t care. Just please, leave me alone. Go away. I don’t want to meet with you again. Good-bye.”

Kyuhyun quickly reacted and grabbed Sungmin’s arm, “Wait, Sungmin, please, I’m sorry! I don’t mean to be a creep. Look, I like you, I think you’re a cool guy! I want to get to know you more! Please, just give me one last chance!”

Sungmin looked into the taller man's eyes and saw that they were full of sincerity and he sighed, “Alright Cho Kyuhyun, I will give you one last chance but that’s all you’ll get. If you can prove to me that you’re a nice guy and not some creepy stalker, I’ll let us meet whenever you want.”

“Deal!” Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s hand and quickly shook it. He looked around, then told Sungmin to wait before running back inside the cafe. He came out moments later with a napkin and a pen and began writing down his address, “Meet me at my house, tomorrow at noon!”

“Two o’clock because of work.”

“Right,” Kyuhyun said, “Two o’clock. I’ll show you that I’m a nice guy!”

Kyuhyun handed Sungmin the napkin with a big smile planted on his face. He watched as Sungmin got into his car and had began to drive away. Kyuhyun smiled as he waved to Sungmin who was now almost out of distance. Once he was out of sight, Kyuhyun slowly pulled his hand up and placed it over his heart, feeling it beat ten times as fast as it was before.

“Lee Sungmin, it’s just the beginning.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Ah, cute Kyumin! Haha! I hope you all are enjoying this story!(: I also forgot to put that there may be a slight trigger warning if you’re sensitive to suicide and murder. You’ll see what I mean when we get to the later chapters. I tried to keep it lowkey so it’s nothing major(: If you have a problem with it, let me know and I’ll be happy to change it up a bit for you(:

Thankyu to my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!(:

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: