Change

Hope

You are a normal college student studying for your upcoming university entrance examinations. You’ve always been a kind person that loved to help others and often placed other’s needs in front of yours. Hence, you wanted to enter the school that allowed you to pursue your studies in medicine, an extremely competitive course that required excellent grades. Due to the distractions of the computer and television that were filled with Korean drama at home, you decide to study at the library to rid yourself of any distractions to focus on your major exam. You were from a normal family, a sister one year older than you, a loving mother and father. You always thought that you were a normal girl that was as ordinary as any other. Little did you know that your future was going to change so drastically…

 

“Do you have visual on the girl?”
“Wide and clear”
“Posts, report status.”
“All clear, leader”

 


“Sighs, she’s such a boring girl studying at the library everyday… what a nerd. Aish.” Ki-Bum yawned and pouted slightly. “Shh hyung, you’ll blow our cover!” Taemin nudged Kibum slightly. They were trained heavily under the Special Forces Unit that were the most prestigious security unit in the country.
“Key, focus on the mission! You’ll never know when they will attack.” Jingki commanded over their earpiece. “I doubt it… I mean who would want such a boring girl, she’s not even that pretty, I mean look at her, her fashion sense is messed up!” Kibum argued back scrutinizing her huge nerdy glasses, plain T-shirt and jeans, though he immediately returned to his alert form.

“I think she's cute.” Minho mumbled to himself and felt his ears getting warm.

This has been going on for months now, ever since the President has received death threats on his family – his only family. Since then, a secret order has been passed down to five of their most elite guards to protect and guard this girl from any harm that may come her way. There were still no movements from their enemy for a few months, but it was predicted that they will make their move soon.

Since it was a public library, the five of them had to be posted at separate exits to ensure the safety of the girl at all cost. The youngest, but fastest, Lee Tae Min, with the most creative and strategists, Kim Ki-Bum/Key were guarding the main exit by pretending to be security guards. The best fighter of them all, Kim Jong Hyun, at the back exit pretending to be some gangster sitting by the steps chewing gum. The one that has the highest tolerance to injuries and pain, Choi Min Ho, currently seated beside the girl they’ve been protecting the last few months, pretending to be also studying for an exam. And finally, the leader, the one that look over them all is Lee Jin Ki, or Onew successfully looking like a nerd loitering around the bookshelves.

Their routine was somewhat the same everyday since that was what the girl did all of the time. Study, study, study. She does (seriously) sound like a nerd, doesn’t she?

Out of the blue;  “Code RED! Enemy spotted at the back exit surrounding the building and armed.” Jonghyun suddenly shouted into his earpiece. “The enemy is here too! They're armed with hand guns and are in black uniforms!” Taemin reported from his post.

There were suddenly plenty of men, all dressed in a black uniform with loaded guns and were all wearing a black mask. They have surrounded the building and were ready for assault. It seemed as if they have already planned this attack for months, but Onew’s team had a contingency plan worked out as well.

As the men started streaming in from the back, they opened fire startling many civilians, leaving them screaming and running. Jonghyun defended them by blocking the back entrance to the library; he managed to take down a dozen of men before the civilians were aware of what was going on. But it was still too much for him to handle alone while trying to protect the civilians too. There were at least thirty of them firing their guns and fighting. Jonghyun was severely outnumbered despite his more than outstanding combat skills. “Need backup!” Jonghyun shouted as he spat out his gum on to one of the faces of the enemy.

“Protect the girl!” Onew commanded “Minho bring the girl to the safety house, Key and Taemin try to prevent any innocent bystanders from getting hurt, Jonghyun, I’m coming over to back you up to give Minho time to get the girl to safety. We’ll all meet at the safety house in one. Be safe.”

 

And that’s where it all started, where your life was changed forever.

 

 

 

 

Chapter1! I'm really sorry for any language errrors, I'm not so good in English.
How is it? Please do give me some comments on how to improve as well! (:
It's my first time writing a fanfic so it may not sound as exciting as it should be!