Chapter 10

My (non)fictional Love Story

Author POV

 

The following day, Byunghun was putting his things in his locker when all of a sudden he recieved a giant hug from behind that almost knocked him off of his feet and simultaneously heard a familiar, child-like voice. 

 

"Byunghun-hyung! It's me again~!" Changhyun said cheerfully.

 

"GET OFF OF ME!" 

 

Byunghun closed his locker door and turned around to face the other. The younger looked so gentle, like Chanhee. As if he could crumble under a single touch. In a way that Byunghun couldn't quite make out, Changhyun seemed similar to his crush. They were somehow... different to everybody else. 

 

"Where is your first lesson?" The delicate boy infront if him asked. 

 

"That way." The older replied, pointing to the far corridor to his left. 

 

"Oh. Well mine's that way." Changhyun replied as he pointed the other direction. "See you around, hyung!" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

 

 

"Byunghun-ah!" Jonghyun called out. 

 

Byunghun looked up from the floor and stopped walking. He gave them a cold stare and remained silent. 

 

"Aren't you gonna talk to us?" The youngest said.

 

It remained silent for a moment until Byunghun looked away and continued walking. 

 

"I take that as a no." Minsoo said. 

 

"How long do you think he's going to be mad at us for?" Niel asked. 

 

"Probably not for long." Jonghyun spoke. "All kids into strops, but they get over them eventually." 

 

"You're younger than him!" The oldest stated. 

 

"Do you see me acting like that?"  

 

The other two laughed.

 

"Anyway, I better go to lesson now. See you later." Jonghyun said, starting to walk away, leaving the other two alone. 

 

Niel immediately looked down to the floor in awkwardness. 

 

"S-sorry about yesterday." He stuttered.

 

"It's okay Nielie." 

The older ruffled his hair. 

"It was kinda funny anyway." 

 

"N-nielie?" Niel thought. He blushed even more. 

 

"Where's your lesson?" Minsoo interrupted his thoughts.

 

"Uhhh... 109. Yeah 109." 

 

Niel suddenly felt a strong arm wrap around his shoulder. 

 

"Let's go." 

 

"But don't you need to get to lesson?" 

 

"There's still time." 

 

The two silently walked to Niel's first period. Minsoo still kept his arm around the younger as they walked. 

 

Eventually the reached the door to class 109 and the oldest faced the other who still kept his view to the floor. 

 

"Look at me." 

 

The thick lipped boy slowly looked up to face to face the man in front of him. The awkwardness was killing him. 

 

"It doesn't matter what's happened recently. I'm perfectly cool with it. There's no need to feel so awkward." The oldest said. "If you keep looking at the floor you might walk into something." He joked. 

 

The younger nodded and mumbled a "Thank you" before turned around to enter the classroom. 

 

"Cute." Minsoo thought. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Hyung! Can I sit with you?" Changhyun asked Byunghun. 

 

Byunghun cringed, knowing that his first lesson was going to be now.

 

"Whatever."

 

The younger male happily sat down next to the other and before a moment could even be spared, he started to talk. 

 

Byunghun tuned out of the youngers blabbling but scarcely heard some of what he was saying. The boy went from talking about rabbits to work to his love for ice cream and his crush on a certain guy- 

 

"Wait, what?" Byunghun interrupted.

 

Changhyun looked down bashfully and put his two index fingers together. 

 

"...There's this guy..." 

 

Byunghun leaned in, suddenly interested. 

 

"Who?" 

 

"..."

 

"Okay class, get to your seats now. Lesson will now begin!"

 

The older sat back into his normal position. He was disappointed he wasn't able to catch the name of this guy. 

 

"Who could it be?" He thought. "Who does Changhyun talk to? I've only ever seen him talk to...Chanhee...

 

....

 

Chanhee?" 

 

 

During the lesson, Byunghun got distracted by some hushed voices behind him. He could just about make out what they were saying. 

 

"Why is he now talking to that weirdo?" 

 

"Maybe he got fed up of talking to himself." 

 

He heard laughter after that comment. 

 

"Talking to himself?" He mentally questioned.

 

Byunghun does talk to himself. But not often. And no one's ever made him aware of it when he does. He glanced over to Changhyun who's expression could tell you that he could hear what was being said. His lips were pursed and he looked slightly agitated. 

 

"Are they talking about him?" He continued in his thoughts. 

 

He decided to just brush it off for now and ask Changhyun about it later.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hey guys." Byunghun said simply as he sat down with the others. 

 

Niel began to speak up.

 

"But I thought that you were-" 

 

Jonghyun gave the other a look as if to say 'Don't talk about it' and the group fell silent once more. 

 

"So...How's everyone's day going?" Niel asked awkwardly. 

 

"Good." Everyone mumbled.

 

"...Jonghyun-ah! What did you do today?" The thick lipped guy continued as a weak way to lighten the atmosphere a little. 

 

A small conversation started between the four but the awkward feeling never left the table. 

 

Once everyone had finished eating they all got up and started heading to eachothers' lockers. As they exited the canteen, there was Changhyun and Chanhee surrounded by other students. It appeared that they were yelling at them, or more Changhyun. 

 

The four walked over to see what was going on. 

 

Kim Jongin, one of the most obnoxious people that ever attended Seoul University, was picking on the child-like male. Chanhee stood there beside him with an expression full of guilt. 

 

"Are you just that lonely that you talk to yourself?" Jongin spat. "I'm not surprised you're a loner. Look at you!" 

 

Changhyun looked down at the floor, everyone could see that tears were starting to form in his eyes. Chanhee's guilty expression remained and began to bit his lip. Jonghyun, Minsoo, Niel and Byunghun sent daggers to Jongin through their eyes. Everyone else seemed amused by what was going on. 

 

Jongin approached the younger boy and grabbed him by his collar.

 

"You're nothing but a worthless pice of shi-"

 

"Hey! What the do you think you're doing?!" Byunghun interrupted, barging through everybody and walking straight up to the guy in the centre. 

 

"Let him go." 

 

Jongin laughed. 

 

"Changhyun actually has a friend? Wow..." 

 

He smirked. 

 

"What are you gonna do about it?" 

 

Jonghyun and Minsoo joined his friend's side. 

 

"Let. Him. Go." Jonghyun hissed. 

 

The other glared at the three of them, before letting Changhyun go. 

 

"You guys are no fun." 

 

And with that, Jongin walked away, barging through the crowd as he did. 

 

The crowd slowly started to disappear, most of them giving negative looks at the 5 of them. 

 

"Are you okay?" Niel asked Changhyun who was reajusting his tie. 

 

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks." 

 

Chanhee walked over to Changhyun and mumbled an "I'm sorry". 

 

"It's okay." The other replied. 

"Hm? Did you say something, Changhyun?" Niel asked. 

 

"Oh, no I didn't."

 

Byunghun looked at Chanhee. And Chanhee looked back at him. 

 

"What..."

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

ITS BEEN A BILLION YEARS I KNOW IM SORRY

 

Part of the reason was because if the lack of Chunjoe recently... One minute they're together, next it seems like they're ignoring eachother. Now L.Joe seems to be touching up the fake maknae? LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE GOD DAMMIT XD 

But yeah, Its so weird with Chunjoe right now... 

Well anyway, I have finally updated this fanfic! I Hope its okay!

 

And idk I just chose Kai to be the arsehole in the story because a couple fanfics I've read make him out to be one... (I dont know much about Kai) and I didnt know who to choose ;-; 

 

Also, for those who may not know, I started a nap fanfic which is called Complication which I'll try to get the link later. 

Finally, please share your thoughts in the comments below! ↓     ↓     ↓    ↓